PDA

View Full Version : Medicine Hat Tigers win WHL final

frozenrice
05-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Just finished watching my home team win the WHL final.
Good luck in Vancouver for the Memorial Cup!

Nissanaddict
05-14-2007, 11:32 PM
That was a wicked goal. Watched a good chunk of the game. Keetley = awesome!...and he's a Flames prospect....over-age I guess, but still. Could turn out good.

Maddog55
05-26-2007, 08:52 AM
Should be a great game tomorrow between Vancouver and the Hat. The Giants steamrolled over Plymouth last night. What happend to them? D and goaltending was horrible. Didn't even looked like they belonged there.

Medicine Hat has won the last 3 meetings with Vancouver. Odds gotta be with Vancouver, as the Hat has been sitting idle for the past 5 days.

Maddog55
05-26-2007, 03:06 PM
WooHooo....just picked up a flight into Vancouver tomorrow morning at 8:30 and grabbed row 10 tickets to the memorial cup!!
I'll surprise my Dad and pick him up for breakfast and take him to the game.

frozenrice
05-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Lucky man. Have a great time. Go Tigers! Bring your camera. You never know - you might catch another good shot to add to you portfolio.

frozenrice
05-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Looked like a good game. Great turnout. Unfortunately the Tigers didn't do well.

Maddog55
05-29-2007, 07:56 AM
It WAS, frozenrice...fantastic game. A lot closer than the shot total (40-15) indicated. it could've gone either way.

To summarize my weekend at the Memorial Cup. Arrived Sunday morning, Dad picked me up and went for breaky. drove into Vancouver and picked up my row 10 ebay tickets. sat in the beer gardens and watched all the festivities. It was just like an all-star game with dignitaries, famous alumni, kiosks, bands playing, kids doing shooting skills etc. The atmostphere was electrifying.
Game time. Coliseum was packed to the rafters. They sold out everything including "standing room" tickets. Vancouver set a memorial cup attendance record both on total (over 120,000) and single game attendance. over 16,250 (seating capacity). The 50/50 draw was $32,000!!!!
The game was amazing. very close until Vancouver scored a wraparound to go up 2-1 with 4 minutes left. One good toe-to-toe tilt with huge Milan Lucic. Priddis' own Tyler Sexsmith was awesome in the Giants net as was the huge Keetley for the 'Hat. Could've given Keetley the game mvp he was so important.
But to watch the host team capture its first memorial cup, not to mention a first championship for Vancouver was, as Master Card puts it, "PRICELESS".
Ask any NHL coach or player and he'll tell you the memorial cup is harder to win than even the Stanley Cup. A minimum of 19 wins out of a possible 31 games just to get you to THE final game. With many of the kids playing thier last game ever. These kids truly give 110% right down to the final buzzer.
An amazing, amazing experience. If you ever get a chance to go to a memorial cup..do it.
Congratulations to the 2007 Memorial Cup Champions, Vancouver Giants and to coach Don Hay for his 4th Memorial Cup!!!!