PDA

View Full Version : Quebec prices in the trader

Artega
05-15-2007, 05:14 PM
anyone noticed car prices in Quebec is a lot lower than the rest of Canada?

This is just what i've noticed in the autotrader.
Anyone know if there's a reason for that?

Ekliptix
05-15-2007, 05:17 PM
got a link with an example?

bigbadboss101
05-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Rust.

Ontario prices are low too. Some people will ship cars from the East here cuz they save some $$. Car in general are more rusty in the East.

JNeil
05-15-2007, 05:43 PM
I don't know for sure, but I've heard its legal to roll back your odometer in Quebec... Don't quote me on it though cause I find it hard to believe.

hjr
05-15-2007, 06:04 PM
cause quebec cars are beat? more so than any other

Isaiah
05-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Because the cars don't speak English. You want to turn left and they go right.

whiskas
05-15-2007, 06:34 PM
If you buy newer cars then rust might not be that bad.

bigbadboss101
05-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Yeah, used vehicles are cheaper. I would think new vehicle are the same price, but one would pay two taxes.

LUCKYSTRIKE
05-15-2007, 10:43 PM
I think rust might be a much bigger problem over there and lots of those cars are accident cars.

grrrouch
05-15-2007, 10:49 PM
cause in the eastern provinces they use more salt on there roads compared to alberta where we use gravel

Redlyne_mr2
05-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Do a search there was a heated thread about Quebec cars.. theyre all beat IMO.

crazedmodder
05-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Ya we shaft our cars and since all our drivers are shit the cars are fucked. :thumbsdow Plus there's too much french :nut:

You guys don't use salt on your roads in the winter? We lay down a shitload when it's not even icy out, you can always here the salt hitting your fenders/chassis plus if you park on the street or drive passed one of the salt trucks your car will probably get showered with salt from them . . .

Cy2k1
05-16-2007, 04:27 AM
i'd assume most of them are accident cars. Plus.... most people from the East namely Ontario and Quebec are asshat drivers when they are in Calgary IMO. They would change lanes by cutting into two lanes or not even signal when turning. :guns:

Annoyingrob
05-16-2007, 06:32 AM
You guys don't use salt on your roads in the winter?

It's usually too cold for salt here :)

Supa Dexta
05-16-2007, 02:43 PM
It still not bad to buy a car thats only a yr or two old.. You will get some surface rust on the under side on certain things, but its not nearly enough to cause any trouble.. Plus once it's out here, it doesn't really get any worse..

I've got one had it a few yrs now and no worse then when fist got it, and you wouldnt know unless you crawled under it and seen certain things are rust coloured, not pitted or anything...

Biggest things I'd worry about back there would be rebuilt's or salvaged of some sort..

bobby_lu
05-16-2007, 02:49 PM
stay under around 80K and a couple years and youre fine....especially higher end cars.....since *usually* people take more care of them

ken-gsr
05-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah
Because the cars don't speak English. You want to turn left and they go right.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tentacles
05-16-2007, 03:25 PM
A lot of those cars from the east will be US cars. They're pretty easy to get when several large cities are right across the border.

Mr_ET
05-16-2007, 04:20 PM
OMFG 3/4 of the people in this thread have no clue what they are talking about.

It's like talking to a bunch of 15 year olds about modifying a honda...

Cars in Quebec are cheaper because they go through much tougher winters where a lot of salt and calcium is used.

It snows more often, much more salt is used and cars are washed as often as here when it's the winter so not often...

I would say if a car is older then about 2 years it's not worth it.

People in Quebec don't drive any more retarded then anywhere else, there aren't more accidents and they aren't bagged on more then here.

If some of you think it's cold here then just... lol

It's not legal to roll an odo back anywhere including Quebec

I know this because I'm from there..

crazedmodder
05-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Mr_ET
OMFG 3/4 of the people in this thread have no clue what they are talking about.

It's like talking to a bunch of 15 year olds about modifying a honda...

Cars in Quebec are cheaper because they go through much tougher winters where a lot of salt and calcium is used.

It snows more often, much more salt is used and cars are washed as often as here when it's the winter so not often...

I would say if a car is older then about 2 years it's not worth it.

People in Quebec don't drive any more retarded then anywhere else, there aren't more accidents and they aren't bagged on more then here.

If some of you think it's cold here then just... lol

It's not legal to roll an odo back anywhere including Quebec

I know this because I'm from there..

lol oh man the french drivers, especially the older guys ~40-50. I almost got hit by a stupid hyundai, a camry, and a tow truck in one day. I don't know about over there but here people do NOT understand the concept of lanes and signalling. Jesus when I have to follow my dad it's like a freaking guessing game trying to figure out where the hell he's going to turn, and sadly everyone else drives like that too.

theken
05-16-2007, 05:11 PM
buy one and find out