PDA

View Full Version : Question about riding with a Class 5....

cocoabrova
05-16-2007, 03:34 AM
What are, if any, the repercussions for riding a bike with only a class 5? My buddy just bought a bike and thought he still had his class 6 (I guess before, the registry just renewed his class 6 until the last time when they put him back to a class 5) I guess he'll have to re-take his class 6 test but in the meantime, what happens if he gets pulled over? Will he get a ticket/fine and/or will his bike be impounded? We tried searching on the net but couldn't find anything regarding this topic....

khtm
05-16-2007, 06:37 AM
It depends on the cop, but it's the same offense for driving a car without a valid class 5. I think it's a $230 fine, no points.

I don't understand how he "lost" his class 6, though? There's no test you have to re-take every 5 years or anything. Once you have it, you have it. If the registry made a mistake when he renewed, why doesn't he just go get it corrected?

Masked Bandit
05-16-2007, 08:08 AM
There is a good chance that the bike will be impounded. Every spring the CPS crackdown on any and all motorcycle violations. Shit, if are wearing the wrong coloured socks I'd bet they could come up with some kind of ticket for that.

Seriously though, it's not worth it. He should be able to have the problem fixed at a registries office quickly.

cocoabrova
05-16-2007, 09:42 AM
I guess he never really noticed until he went to go get his bike registration for the new bike that the license class was changed. He never really worried about it or noticed before because the last time he owned a bike was like 10yrs. ago or so....In any case he should basically go down and get it figured out (in his car mind you) before he gets pulled over I guess....

Supa Dexta
05-16-2007, 10:03 AM
If he had it before he still does and it will turn up in the registry's system.. When I got mine switched over, they didn't put it on, I didn't notice for a while,. I ust went back and told them and they looked it up and sent me a new 56... But I wouldn't get caught without, because they are out this time of yr and will pull you over just to check paper work..

8Ball
05-22-2007, 10:53 AM
do that or just ride around with someone who is class 6

Takahashi
06-03-2007, 11:35 PM
$200 fine and 2 dimerits....

Kavy
06-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Takahashi
$200 fine and 2 dimerits....

and they impound the bike.

schurchill39
06-04-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
I guess he never really noticed until he went to go get his bike registration for the new bike that the license class was changed. He never really worried about it or noticed before because the last time he owned a bike was like 10yrs. ago or so....In any case he should basically go down and get it figured out (in his car mind you) before he gets pulled over I guess....

The same deal happend to my neighboor. When he switched from saskatchewan to an Alberta licence, the registries just transfered the class 1 over and not the class 6. So if he goes down there and has them look up his licence they should beable to see that he had the class 6?