PDA

View Full Version : Oh Tim Hortons.....

legendboy
05-16-2007, 11:31 AM
.....why o why do your beverages make farting risky business?

discuss

lint
05-16-2007, 11:32 AM
lactose intollerant?

Boosted_TL
05-16-2007, 11:39 AM
haha thats funny! Its the cream and sugar usually, Black usually wont cause the chance of a COS ( Chance of Shart )

Mangina
05-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Coffee is a laxative.

JRSC00LUDE
05-16-2007, 11:46 AM
:werd: , if you're sensitive to it coffee can greatly increase you chances of grease!

ken-gsr
05-16-2007, 11:52 AM
I have never noticed a problem before. Then again coffee gives me gut rot in the first place.

QuasarCav
05-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Oh Tim Hortons why does your...

Coffee taste like shit
Lineups take forever
Staff not speak english
Customers want to specify each donut in their dozen
Surly tradesmen order 8 fucking coffees
Parking lot not have enough space

I switched to Statbucks / Second Cup almost 2 years ago and I've not looked back. The extra .25c is worth the sanity.

Disoblige
05-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Coffee taste like shit
Lineups take forever
Staff not speak english

I switched to Statbucks / Second Cup almost 2 years ago and I've not looked back. The extra .25c is worth the sanity.

LOOOOL. So true. The reason why it's so slow is because they can't speak much english. Grr! Plus because it's so bad to work there, there aren't any long term employees so you almost always deal with people who've been there for a few weeks, etc.

403Gemini
05-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Coffee taste like shit
Lineups take forever
Staff not speak english

What are you talking about?

The coffee tastes great
Lineups, even with 15+ people only take minutes
... you got me there on the staff not speaking english lol
most people ask for assorted... i find the worst is the people who want specific timbits :guns:
Those tradesmen have friends? :dunno: I order 4-5 coffee's when i go for my buddies at work.
Yeah... their parking lots suck... god bless the 5 minute +15 walk for me ;)

But yeah, starbucks and second cup gets points for their Baristas haha

JRSC00LUDE
05-16-2007, 12:11 PM
I've always kind of wondered about that. Timmies here are all excellent for service and faster than you would think. Everyday they'll have a dozen cars through the drive-through (or people lined up at the counter) through in 5 mins. or less. It's actually quite impressive. But, whenever I go to one in another town they are always slow as all hell, f up orders, etc. etc.

Got to be the management/ownership.

Tik-Tok
05-16-2007, 02:00 PM
The coffee quality differs between Timmy's, some burn the shit out of it on a regular business (Tim's on Mcknight/McCall Way), some are pretty consistantly good (Tim's on 32nd/12th)

Line-ups take forever because both the customers and employees are morons... customers because even though they are in line for 10 minutes, they wait until they're at the counter to decide what they want, and employees because they're (for the most part) lazy and slow as hell, english speaking or not you can still watch a snail crawl faster then they can walk to a coffee machine.

Staff not speaking english is a regional thing. Most in the NE and NW don't speak it because most of them are FOB's. Go to a Timmy's in an older established neighborhood, and you'll find english (Deerfoot Meadows, Southland/Bonaventure).

Their parking spots suck, because this is Calgary. Parking sucks EVERYWHERE (except Costco)

As for the bowel problems... might I suggest Depends?

banned3x
05-16-2007, 02:24 PM
i only go to mcdonalds for coffee i think its the best in town

JRSC00LUDE
05-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by banned3x
i only go to mcdonalds for coffee i think its the best in town

You call french fries coffee? :D

Euro_Trash
05-16-2007, 02:37 PM
The worst are the bagel-butterer people, at least at the Timmy's I go to. Takes a whole ice cream scoop of butter, puts in on one half of the bagel and pretends to spread it around, then I am driving and butter is oozing down my arm. Not very nice at 6 in the morning

legendboy
05-16-2007, 02:45 PM
stay OT! why does timmys make your bum squirt

Euro_Trash
05-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Coffee is a diaeretic :dunno:

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
stay OT! why does timmys make your bum squirt

Originally posted by Mangina
Coffee is a laxative.

legendboy
05-16-2007, 03:02 PM
no no no regular coffee does not make me go like timmys does, i drink decaf also.....

even the hot choclate does it, ice cap.....doesn't matter

Euro_Trash
05-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Do you go to the same Timmy's everytime?
Maybe someone there doesn't like you and slips something in your order... did you break a Tim Hortens employee's heart and they are seeking revenge on you?

ruxtonc
08-05-2013, 12:09 PM
I find timmies has a great drive through..line ups move quickly. The only problem I have is...I am tired of repeating myself a dozen times before they think they have my order right...I get to the window and it is all wrong. Then they get mad at me because I tell them it is wrong. I don't like Starbucks coffee at all so I get mine at 7-11 ahahaha. it is close by and they all speak English...

CompletelyNumb
08-05-2013, 12:40 PM
6 year bump :burnout:

Tim's is shit. I go there for roll-up, otherwise mcdonalds has better coffee.

eblend
08-05-2013, 07:23 PM
I thought I was the only one. I usually get a Tim's every couple of days if I feel constipated, within 30 min I am free flowing :eek:

I do find that it varies by location. The one in Centennial Place downtown is almost guaranteed runs, whereas the one at my new place around Bow Valley Square seems to be okay.

I hate the taste of any coffee, purely a social thing.

ExtraSlow
08-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Why oh why can't Tims figure out how to make a lid that doesn't leak? MacDonalds have better cups, better lids, and the coffee is no worse.

I have a couple co-workers that have got me hooked on the fancy coffees from artigiano, but if I'm out driving around, MacDonalds gets my buck most times just because of the superior cups and lids.

eblend
08-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Why oh why can't Tims figure out how to make a lid that doesn't leak? MacDonalds have better cups, better lids, and the coffee is no worse.

I have a couple co-workers that have got me hooked on the fancy coffees from artigiano, but if I'm out driving around, MacDonalds gets my buck most times just because of the superior cups and lids.

Probably because it's cheaper to use the shitty lids that Tim's uses.

Mitsu3000gt
08-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Every black coffee I've ever ordered from Tim's, Starbucks, or Second Cup tastes like burnt garbage. I believe they roast all their beans so much to mask the fact that they aren't fresh (that is what a roaster in Montana told me anyway).

Cafe Atrigiano is the best drip coffee downtown that I've tried. Deville is good too. Same price as the rest as well, just less convenient locations.

XylathaneGTR
08-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Every black coffee I've ever ordered from Tim's, Starbucks, or Second Cup tastes like burnt garbage. I believe they roast all their beans so much to mask the fact that they aren't fresh (that is what a roaster in Montana told me anyway).

Cafe Atrigiano is the best drip coffee downtown that I've tried. Deville is good too. Same price as the rest as well, just less convenient locations.

Don't get black coffee then?
2nd (or 3rd) for Artigiano...it's the best and well worth the walk from the office.

snoop101
08-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

^^^ THIS

The reason they taste like burnt coffee is that they buy cheap beans on the market and roast the shit out of them. Buying local and spending that few dollars more makes a huge difference. I buy the competition blend at Fratello here in Calgary and it is hands down the best espresso beans I have ever tasted.

Also if you are on a budget or just shop at Costco lots than buy a bag of the salt spring coffee. I was amazed at the quality and taste for the price.

I once had a sip of Tim Hortons coffee and had to dump it out. It was straight up disgusting.

I drink Caffe Artigiano every day of the week and its great, plus the people at the Shell building one are very happy and pleasant.

sputnik
08-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
The worst are the bagel-butterer people, at least at the Timmy's I go to. Takes a whole ice cream scoop of butter, puts in on one half of the bagel and pretends to spread it around, then I am driving and butter is oozing down my arm. Not very nice at 6 in the morning

Switch to cream cheese.

Coffee is disgusting.

Mitsu3000gt
08-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR

Don't get black coffee then?
2nd (or 3rd) for Artigiano...it's the best and well worth the walk from the office.

I only drink coffee black haha, so that's what I like to order. I just go to the better places whenever possible, or else stick to Americano's as the espresso is usually better tasting than the drip coffee.

dirtsniffer
08-06-2013, 10:48 AM
oh man, love artigiano. worth the walk atleast once or twice a week.