PDA

View Full Version : Magneto

treg50
05-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Pretty cool X-Men spin-off, 'Magneto' the movie schedule for sometime in 2008:

After X-Men: The Last Stand, Marvel spokesman Avi Arad had put the brakes on any plans for an X-Men 4 -- much to the relief to anyone who was worried that Brett Ratner was going to return for another film. Instead, fan focus has been directed towards the Wolverine and Magneto solo films. MTV Movie Blog sat down with Arad to talk about the upcoming Magneto prequel recently, and Arad seems enthusiastic about what writer/director David Goyer (Batman Begins) has shown him so far, saying that the script will finally give Magneto,"the origin story he so richly deserves."

There is no word yet on who will play the young Magneto, but last year we had received confirmation from X-Men's F/X supervisor John Bruno that Ian McKellen would be in the film in some capactiy -- but despite talk of "de-aging" McKellen for the film, there is no way around hiring a much younger actor. Some sites are already reporting that Justin Chatwin, the star of Goyer's recent film The Invisible, is in talks, but that's all rumor. So far, details are still sketchy on plot detail, and whether 'The Brotherhood', or any other X-Men will be making an appearance in the film. Arad did give some hints of what to expect, saying‚ "Think of meeting him in [the first ‚ X-Men movie] as a young boy in a concentration camp. What happens to his life after the war? If [his powers are] real or not and the whole journey of [his] survival as a young man." Magneto is set for release in 2008.

b_t
05-16-2007, 03:09 PM
This will be a good movie, especially if Brett fucking Ratner is not involved. He ruined X-Men 3 quite badly.

403Gemini
05-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by b_t
This will be a good movie, especially if Brett fucking Ratner is not involved. He ruined X-Men 3 quite badly.

I enjoyed it in theatres even tho the story was butchered... but after buying the dvd and picking it apart... i fucking hate it lol

spyce
05-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

I enjoyed it in theatres even tho the story was butchered... but after buying the dvd and picking it apart... i fucking hate it lol

I didnt like it at all.
Too many people kept dying :dunno:

DepTrotter
05-16-2007, 03:42 PM
i didnt like that people were dying but that movie was tight!...

they will make a formula to bring them all back together

yay

Xtrema
05-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by DepTrotter
i didnt like that people were dying but that movie was tight!...

they will make a formula to bring them all back together

yay

Cost too much to bring them all back together again.

Magneto solo could be an interesting story. Wolferine solo? Not so much.

403Gemini
05-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Cost too much to bring them all back together again.

Magneto solo could be an interesting story. Wolferine solo? Not so much.

Wolverine solo would of made a great movie... oh wait they already made those... its called X-men and X2 ;)

seriously, wolverines weapon-x story (in detail) would of owned... but the first 2 xmen movies referenced it WAY to much

Xtrema
05-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
seriously, wolverines weapon-x story (in detail) would of owned... but the first 2 xmen movies referenced it WAY to much

That's what I meant. The interesting back story is already done and resolved. Wolverine is too single dimension for a adventure type film. I just can't think of a good arc for a wolverine movie.