3" downpipe
Greddy EVO2 catless exhaust
ACT stage 3 clutch
Lighten flywheel
One piece aluminum driveshaft
3 row radiator
Buddy Club racing coilovers
Cusco front and rear strut bars
17" x 7.5 Grams Light rims - BRONZE (15 lbs each)
Willwood 4 piston brakes - not installed
Kartboy short shifter w/ STI shifter knob

How it drives:

This setup pushed out 447 whp @ 6400 rpm and 375 ft/lb @ 5100 rpm on 93 octane. Because of the big turbo, anything under 4000 rpms is pretty much the same as stock STI. But after that, it's a whole different story. Power comes on hard enough to snap your head back and then becomes linear as you reach 7500 rpms. The GT35R is a BIG turbo, but lag is fairly good for it's size. The close ratio 6 speed and lighten flywheel does a wonderful job of keeping the turbo spooled in it's happy zone. The Hydra EMS is tuned perfectly for daily driving - smooth enough for a daily driver. The car understeers a bit during hard cornering, but that's inherant in the car's design and can be retified by installing bigger sway bars. Still using the stock braking system, although it's adequate, it's not quite good enough so I bought bigger brakes for it, but have not had a chance to install yet. The Buddy Club racing coilovers has 15 settings, I've set it to soft and it's still pretty stiff. Gas mileage is around 20 mpg when you baby it, and goes down from there depending on your mood. Like MOST/ALL subarus it does burn a little bit of oil, I just check the oil at every fill up and add when necessary. Clutch is stiff and may not be right for everyone but it's needed to put down all that power. Interior is stock, no rattles. Because of the catless exhaust, it'll be louder than most cars out there. Bottom line - it's a car for the someone who really likes cars, if you want luxury, better look elsewhere.

Background:

I am the second owner, bought it in Dec 2006 in Ontario. The reason for the low mileage is because it's only seen a 1/2 winter (the most recent one when I was driving it). Most parts listed is PROFESSIONALLY installed by Tuning Factory last summer - you can call them for reference if required.

Why I'm selling:

I had originally planned on using this as my fun "family" car. It didn't quite work out that way. This car has some shortcomings as a family car. It's stiff and loud and not much room for a baby seat and with a family on the way, hard for me to justify keeping the car. Unfortunately the reality in life is that those are the tradeoffs for having a performance machine. I am the only one that enjoys driving it, my wife hates the ride due to the stiffness. Do I regret this purchase? No. Does my wife regret this purchase? Yes. She wins.

Asking Price: 30K
I'm definitely willing to entertain trades for a sports sedan along the lines of BMW 3 series, G35, Audi, etc...

Let me know if you're interested.

Pictures attached are old pics with the old rims. New rims are 6 spoke and dark bronze in color.

blktopbig28
05-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Another Pic

old&slow
05-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

euro_racer
05-16-2007, 05:38 PM
damn, sounds like tis a beast...does the car have any problems at all??

i know someone looking for a sti but this would be better lol

blktopbig28
05-16-2007, 07:31 PM
The only problem is that the individual buying the car has to be aware of what he's buying. It is a DRIVER's car, not a passenger's car.

Chopstix
05-16-2007, 07:34 PM
registered i Alberta already?

Currently have a project 2006 WRX and this would be my end result minus oe or two things but with half the work already done.... hmmmmm not half bad.. good price too.

pm, more pics pls - interior etc

blktopbig28
05-16-2007, 10:13 PM
Yes - it's already registered in Alberta.

gokuu
05-16-2007, 10:56 PM
yes more pics would be nice :thumbsup:

blktopbig28
08-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Hey guys,

sorry for the lack of updates. The reason for the silence is that I'm still considering keeping the car and DE-TUNING it. IE: swap out coilovers for stock spring/strut assembly, put a cat back in, smaller turbo (GT30R instead of GT35R), and rebuilding the engine again with higher compression pistons and less aggressive cams, with the goal of getting back more mid-range power. Would be happy with 350 whp in the mid range rather than 450 whp in high range.

BUT... prior to me doing this, I would once again like to explore the option of selling this to someone who would like the current setup as is.

Couple of updates as I believe in full disclosure:

The oil consumption is more than I would have liked. It's using about .75 L per fill. After consulting with other STI owners, it seems like some have minimum oil usage while others are adding anywhere from .25 to .50 L per fill. So based on that informal survey, it looks like my engine is a little thirstier than most and I'm guessing that's partly due to the built block.

Spoke to the guys at Techworks, and they seem to think that it could be due to the engine sending too much oil pressure to the GT35R (as these turbos don't need very much pressure at all) and problem could be fixed by putting a restrictor to the oil feed line into the turbo.

Coilovers are sometimes nosy. About 25% of my time in the car, I hear noises coming from the rear driver side area. It'll be there for a few minutes and then go away. Sometimes it doesn't creak at all, I guess it's hit and miss.

I'll put up pictures sometime this week. Interior is perfect, exterior is 95% good, with the exception of 1 door ding on back driver side door.

Let me know if you're interested. I'll sell it if there's interest, or de-tune it if there's not.

Thanks for reading.