PDA

View Full Version : survivor fiji: dreamz and yau-man

kaishen
05-17-2007, 12:48 PM
anyone in calgary watch this? saw the finale and felt kinda sick at what dreamz has done...he's gonna face the consequences with the mass public.

best season ever i think =)

nagooro
05-17-2007, 12:50 PM
For those of us that didn't watch it, what happened?

eb0i
05-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by nagooro
For those of us that didn't watch it, what happened?

yeah what did dreamz do?

Z_Fan
05-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Yau won a truck in a reward challenge. He immediately made a deal.

Basically Yau gave Dreamz the truck when there were 6 remaining. The deal was that if Dreamz won the immunity when there were only 4, he would give immuity to Yau.

Dreamz tried to get Yau out earlier, but Yau played his hidden idol.

When it got to 4, Dreamz DID win immunity.

However, at tribal council, Dreamz renegged on the deal. He didn't give Yau the idol.

IMO that means the truck should go back to Yau, however, Yau told dreams (at the final tribal) to enjoy the truck, and not feel guilty about it. :nut:

Dj_Stylz
05-17-2007, 01:59 PM
:werd: Haha i had a feeling that he wouldn't give him the immunity.

treg50
05-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Screw Yau-man. The guy is as coniving as everyone else. Did you notice that after making the deal of Immunity-for-Truck and after Dreamz won the immunity to give, Yau was already plotting with everyone else to vote Dreamz out once Dreamz gave him the immunity.

Yau played the game, Dreamz played the game. Dreamz succeeded in lasting longer and getting a truck out of the show. Dreamz is annoying and I can't stand him, but if the 'public' really jumps on Dreamz for playing the game, that'd be dumb. Yau's a friggin' computer engineer. Despite being an ad executive, I'm glad Earl won --- I would have liked Earl to win vs. Yau and the lady.

dj_rice
05-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by treg50
Screw Yau-man. The guy is as coniving as everyone else. Did you notice that after making the deal of Immunity-for-Truck and after Dreamz won the immunity to give, Yau was already plotting with everyone else to vote Dreamz out once Dreamz gave him the immunity.

Yau played the game, Dreamz played the game. Dreamz succeeded in lasting longer and getting a truck out of the show. Dreamz is annoying and I can't stand him, but if the 'public' really jumps on Dreamz for playing the game, that'd be dumb. Yau's a friggin' computer engineer. Despite being an ad executive, I'm glad Earl won --- I would have liked Earl to win vs. Yau and the lady.

Earl was a very smart mastermind, he let all his minions do the work for him, he just sat back and reaped the rewards, as for Yau, he played the game well and smartly but cmon, making a deal like that especially trusting an African American to give up immunity and knowing well to get kicked out for $1 million, but Yau is a good man, even letting Dreamz keep the truck, even thought I'm sure Dreamz cant even afford insurance on that damn thing being a cheerleader and all...

For pure entertainment wise, it would of been awesome if Dreamz would, but strategy, Earl was the clear winner...Earl should of went BYAHHHH I'm rich bitch Dave Chappelle style :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dj_Stylz
05-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Yeah it would be so weird if Casandra(the lady) won because she didn't even deserve to be in the top 3. I dont think she gained anything she just did what people told her to do.

Earl got everyones vote haha and he played a good game.

topmade
05-17-2007, 03:51 PM
I would of done the exact same thing if I was Dreamz. He'll get flammed for a few months then everyone will forget who he is. At the end of it, he has a new truck and Yauman doesn't so who played the game better?

Dj_Stylz
05-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Dreamz didnt even win challenges. I think Yau played the better game haha. But dreamz did leave the game with a new truck and yau didnt.

toyboy88
05-17-2007, 05:11 PM
If it was Yau and Earl, I would vote Yau.

kaishen
05-17-2007, 05:37 PM
i was pinning for yau to win because of good work ethics and he's really fun to watch. an old man of 53, winning challenges, making people's jaw open by doing well in challenges, finding the immunity idol, try to be funny by creating fake idols and hide them on the ground, then having a strategy of giving the car away.

earl was like the indian chief and he do deserve to win. He was always under the radar. I wonder how he does it when he is like always making the decisions. But he seems to be a really nice guy.

i dont know how black woman cassandra manage to get 2nd, for just riding the coattails of the alliances and doing her usual uh-huh, cant swim, perform badly at every challenges.

i do think that he made the wrong move. He should have known that given playing the flipping man of fiji, he would not have gathered votes to win by the jury. Therefore, integrity and honouring his word should have gone a long way. having the sum of money could prob only last him a year or 2, but the stigma of what has happened will be with him as long as he lives.

treg50
05-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by kaishen
i dont know how black woman cassandra manage to get 2nd, for just riding the coattails of the alliances and doing her usual uh-huh, cant swim, perform badly at every challenges. ...

Thanks for pointing out her colour because there were so many yellow, white and brown women in the FINAL THREE. :rolleyes:

For someone who can't even swim to get "2nd" LOL, that in itself is mind-boggling and is strangely impressive. But it makes a lot of sense to take her to the final because she would be easy to win against. Bottomline: she did better than Yau-man and everyone else except for Earl.

Originally posted by kaishen
...Therefore, integrity and honouring his word should have gone a long way. having the sum of money could prob only last him a year or 2, but the stigma of what has happened will be with him as long as he lives.

Wow, as long as YOU live you're going to think of him this way eh? Can you say "taking this TV show a little to seriously"?
:rofl:

dj_rice
05-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by treg50

Thanks for pointing out her colour because there were so many yellow, white and brown women in the FINAL THREE. :rolleyes:

For someone who can't even swim to get "2nd" LOL, that in itself is mind-boggling and is strangely impressive. But it makes a lot of sense to take her to the final because she would be easy to win against. Bottomline: she did better than Yau-man and everyone else except for Earl.

Wow, as long as YOU live you're going to think of him this way eh? Can you say "taking this TV show a little to seriously"?
:rofl:

He is from Singapore so give him a break

kaishen
05-17-2007, 08:08 PM
hey i'm sorry if what i said affects anyone. I din mean anything when i said black, just like i'm yellow ,some brown and some others white. We dont really have colour issues here. So sorry if i'm insensitive here. really really apologetic abt this.

anyway its not me that is serious abt what dreamz did, if u run a search on yahoo, some people are furious abt it. haha =)

i agree with treg50 that it wouldnt do earl good to get yau in to final 3, cassandra and dreamz would be a good combi

again, i'm sorry for the insensitiveness =)

Chris101
05-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Found this on Digg:
http://digg.com/television/Give_Yau_a_Million

It would be pretty cool if it recieved enough diggs to actually generate some buzz about the website.

SilverGS
05-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah Dreamz played Yau the only thing that bugged me was how much he kept swearing to god and swearing on his sons life that he would honor the deal. Even when he was facing the camera alone he kept saying he would honor the deal saying how he wanted his son to know the right thing. Evidently the only thing Dreamz showed his son is that everyman has his price and for Dreamz that was $100,000 since he most likely knew that once he betrayed Yau there would be 0% chance he would win the million.

If he said he was playing Yau right from the beginning or during those solo spots then I would have more respect for him. Game or not thats not the kind of role model I would want for my kids