PDA

View Full Version : Grey 240 on McKnight

MrSector9
05-17-2007, 02:03 PM
So I thought I would finnaly share my story.

We are sitting at the light heading west bound on Macknight (by Franklin station) hear some pumpin bass coming, a decent looking 240 pulls up beside us, he was listening to that song "biggie biggie biggie, cant you see" so my buddy was bobbing his head and sining along, either the guy driving though he was making fun of him OR he just felt the need to do this.

He revs his engine a bunch, exhaust actually sounded pretty good, not very cheap fart pipey sounding, drops the clutch and spins some, this is while the light is still red and there is a van infront of him.

light changes, he revs ALOT drops the clutch, spins 1 tire away from the light with the car stating to die as the tire actually started to catch traction, he speeds off shifting hard.

He then proceeds to slow down to get back beside us right at the deerfoot exit, looks over at us and makes a face as he "put the pedal to the metal" and went onto deerfoot.

All of this commotion and we were in a toyotal tercel. i coudl see if it was a fast car, or a car that is thought to be fast.. but a tercel.. why waste the gas?

Moral of the story, at first I thought your car looked pretty decent, then by showing what it "had" you proved it was justa prettied up stock car with a loud exhaust and probably an air filter.. take it to Race City when you come to terms just how slow a stock 240 is :)

TeamBestBud
05-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Maybe he was flossin trying to get your attention if you know what i mean;)

MrSector9
05-17-2007, 02:11 PM
well, he had what looked like an attractive girl in the passenger seat beside him, cvouldnt really see her through the tint of the rear quarter windows....

i give him more props for the girl then the car :)

Spoons
05-20-2007, 08:28 PM
I agree, I would never do that beside a tercel,
I would be way to scared that the tercel would kick my ass :rofl:

CalgarySupra
05-20-2007, 09:27 PM
franklin station is in south east calgary. yeah ur right what a loser

WWJAI
05-20-2007, 09:42 PM
McKnight? I don't recall mcknight trail being near franklin station..you sure you don't mean memorial drive?

stevo 27
05-20-2007, 09:52 PM
what a loser haha
it would have been grand if he smacked the van infront of him
:rofl:

MrSector9
06-04-2007, 07:48 PM
yeah meant memorial :)

also he was close to the van in front.. within 6" after he got "stopped" again.

LBG
06-05-2007, 05:44 PM
the same 240sx did that to me on memorial a while back he tried to act like he was hot sh*t at the traffic light beside me then i smoked him in 1st gear in my 240sx then at the next light he pulls up to me sticks his toungh out and does a burn out and drives away.

ca18det240sx
06-05-2007, 05:46 PM
He stuck his tongue out at you?

i didnt know 6 year olds were allowed to drive......

LBG
06-05-2007, 06:13 PM
yea he was older than i was he looked like he was around 25 and the girl in the passenger seat lwas smiling..

Euro_Trash
06-05-2007, 06:21 PM
I think my old lady would slap me if I did something that dumb

ca18det240sx
06-05-2007, 06:34 PM
:dunno: Guys like that make a bad rep for the rest of us 240 owners.

:whipped:

EK 2.0
06-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by ca18det240sx
:dunno: Guys like that make a bad rep for the rest of us 240 owners.

:whipped:

:rolleyes: yeah thats the only reason...:rolleyes:

ca18det240sx
06-05-2007, 07:03 PM
what are you trying to say?:angel:

PINOY-X
06-05-2007, 07:05 PM
yea everyday more and more ppl try to show off or race u .. i get dat alot .. i mean i drive a 03 lancer! have u driven a lancer?(not the newer ones):rofl:
come on

Spoons
06-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Yeah, I figured driving a POS 91 Grand Marquis would deter them...

it doesn't.

ca18det240sx
06-05-2007, 08:16 PM
these guys will race you on a pedal bike if you give them half the chance.

strong
06-06-2007, 12:02 AM
Anywhere in the NE, they want to race. :zzz:
Minivans are the worst :thumbsdow

nismown3d
06-12-2007, 08:10 AM
lol, you should have raced him, it would have been funny if you owned him with the tercel.

a tempo could beat a stock 240

lbrowne
06-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by nismown3d
a tempo could beat a stock 240

Not saying stock 240s are quick, because I own one and know the difference.

But thats the funniest thing I read all day.

abyss
06-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by ca18det240sx
what are you trying to say?:angel:

I think he's trying to say,

"Look at that, pot! It's a kettle! holy shit, he's black too!"

:devil: I kid...I kid....

MrSector9
06-23-2007, 07:22 PM
well i ussually drive an rx7 so i constantl;y get people trying to race me.. it is NA, in bad shape and.. well they handle good? (another way to say they are pretty slow)

was it the same blonde girl in the passenger seat? must be his siter to put up with him.

soobad
06-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Personally... I try to avoid racing people almost all the time unless it's a Viper / vette / Bike... but I've had everything from Smart Cars to Buick's to Neon's seriously try to goad me into racing...

I don't take it as immaturity so much as just having fun and wanting to see what the car can do. If I had less points on my license I'd play along more :)

I think some people just don't take themselves very seriously (he probably knows his car isn't very fast)... and who cares, as long as he's not being dangerous.

MrSector9
06-23-2007, 07:48 PM
it is dangerous though..

you want to race, take it to the track and prove how slow your car really is :)

soobad
06-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by MrSector9
it is dangerous though..

you want to race, take it to the track and prove how slow your car really is :)

Walking out your front door can be 'dangerous' too.

There are stupid ways to mess around and 'race' on the street, and less stupid ones.

Euro_Trash
06-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Yes but walking out the door is not dangerous to others. Grow up

soobad
06-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
Yes but walking out the door is not dangerous to others. Grow up

Neither is 'racing' necessarily.

People stop making stupid generalizations?

Euro_Trash
06-23-2007, 08:08 PM
You aren't going to get much support for your street racing habits on beyond, even if you think if you think you are being safe. Racing is only kosher at the track

MrSector9
06-23-2007, 08:25 PM
ok well say you give it a short blast up to the speed limit and then drive normal then yeah that isn't SO bad but at any point you are willing to go over the speed limit on purpose then you shouldn't have a licsense.

I am not saying that speeding should warrant losing your liscense since sometimes you can easily be over the limit and not know it, but to do it on purpose is just being ignorant.

"street racing" is for shit talkers that want an excuse.. oh no traction, oh false start, oh i thought i seen a cop.. go to the track and get a slip of paper telling you EXACTLY everything about your run is a real eye opener for most kids that think their cars are fast.

Importz
06-23-2007, 08:32 PM
hey was it a white guy with a autodream sticker??

MrSector9
06-23-2007, 11:54 PM
def a white guy, do not rember the stickers though but i am pretty sure there was a couple.

Spoons
06-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by soobad

Neither is 'racing' necessarily.

People stop making stupid generalizations?

Next your going to tell me driving drunk isn't necessarily dangerous either? Get a grip and stop living in that dream world of yours, because street racing is dangerous. Lots of people end up dieing cause of it, and half the time its an innocent driver.

You sir, are the type of people I hate. Literally hate. Either bring it to a fucking track or get the fuck out! It's people like you with their "look at me im fucking Mario Andretti" attitudes that drive dangerously and fuck other people up. It may have not happened yet, but it will, and I hope to dear God you kill yourself and no one else.

FUCK I hate street racers.

cressida_pimpin
06-24-2007, 02:31 PM
was it a dark grey 240 with tinted windows and gunmetal rims? that guy always revs his engine when he sees me. He's a maniac driver too. However I did race him once and put him to shame.

MrSector9
06-24-2007, 04:05 PM
i am so glad i am not the only one that seen him :)

cressida_pimpin
06-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by MrSector9
i am so glad i am not the only one that seen him :)

So it was the guy that I was describing? He just sits at lights and revs the crap out of his motor and worst of all, his car is very slow

Importz
06-24-2007, 05:18 PM
wats up with all these assclowns in there 240 n skylines.... there was another fag i ran into the other day that was drifting at a 4 way stop.... lol.... makes u look like an idiot ..... doesnt make u look cool.... this white dude was in 240 with a autodream sticker......

gpomp
06-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Importz
wats up with all these assclowns in there 240 n skylines.... there was another fag i ran into the other day that was drifting at a 4 way stop.... lol.... makes u look like an idiot ..... doesnt make u look cool.... this white dude was in 240 with a autodream sticker......
skyline is the new civic.

EK 2.0
06-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

skyline is the new civic.

then what have the civic's become??

gpomp
06-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

then what have the civic's become??
who knows but i'm glad ricers are buying skylines instead of civics.

lewdvig
06-24-2007, 06:25 PM
I have had a few guys with frankencars pull up next to me and want to race. They seem pretty surprised by how fast my big car gets to 100.

Not to say that it is super fast, but it is better and safer than a 20 year old JDM with 10k poured into used rocket parts. A VQ Altima would be even faster. I only race (and only to the speed limit) when hitting the highway or Deerfoot.

soobad
06-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Spoons

Next your going to tell me driving drunk isn't necessarily dangerous either? Get a grip and stop living in that dream world of yours, because street racing is dangerous. Lots of people end up dieing cause of it, and half the time its an innocent driver.

You sir, are the type of people I hate. Literally hate. Either bring it to a fucking track or get the fuck out! It's people like you with their "look at me im fucking Mario Andretti" attitudes that drive dangerously and fuck other people up. It may have not happened yet, but it will, and I hope to dear God you kill yourself and no one else.

FUCK I hate street racers.

You're an idiot.

1. I never said I was a 'street racer'.
2. I merely pointed out that 'racing' is not necessarily dangerous - meaning it's not necessarily more dangerous than anything else. Personally I find that most of the time people are smart enough to mess around on empty roads and that they're only a danger to themselves - I see much more dangerous people trying to merge on deerfoot on a daily basis.
3. Judging by how eager you are to assume details about me by merely stating that I don't agree with wild generalizations, tells me that you're alot more likely to end up dead in a wreck than I am. You sound like one of the idiots that tries to merge onto deerfoot at 60.

In any case, relax and take a pill, just because I politely point out that making stupid generalizaitons might not be the best way to get your point across, doesn't mean I'm saying 'hey, street racing is totally safe, have at errr!' :rofl:

syeve
06-25-2007, 02:50 PM
I can't drive drive home from work without someone trying to race me, I mean anyone...civic's, minivans, camery's etc....why would a neon try to race me?

I'm not being a dick (I use to drive a civic) but I have over double the HP? I just don't get it.

Spoons
06-25-2007, 03:15 PM
2. I merely pointed out that 'racing' is not necessarily dangerous - meaning it's not necessarily more dangerous than anything else. Personally I find that most of the time people are smart enough to mess around on empty roads and that they're only a danger to themselves - I see much more dangerous people trying to merge on deerfoot on a daily basis.

You should of said it that way the first time lol. Racing on a public road is plain stupid. Going out to a dead road at 2 in the morning is better. I still don't condone (sp?) even that, but it is better than on deerfoot. By the way the rage wasn't all out on you lol, which I now retract rage set forth on you since we are on the same page now, but in general I just HATE street racing. Take it to the track.

06civic
06-25-2007, 03:18 PM
maybe we should invest in some sort of sign we can hold up to ppl that wanna race us on the street. like "Take it to the track"

barney
06-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Saw this dick on 16th NE a while ago, did a flyby on us as we're rollin' in the super duper Pathfinder at the speed limitish.

Wowsers.....:rolleyes:

nj2Type-S
06-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by 06civic
maybe we should invest in some sort of sign we can hold up to ppl that wanna race us on the street. like "Take it to the track"

good idea...:werd:

Spoons
06-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by 06civic

I've found that the triple triple from timmies also works quite nicely :rolleyes: