PDA

View Full Version : Green Olive (Harvest Hills)

s2k_boi
05-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Manager / Owner (the female at the front hostessing).

My gf and I arrived and we were at the front of the line and asked for a table for 2. She then bypassed us once and thats fine..... she seated the people behind us first. Then she told us theres a small wait, fine.... whatever then. BUT right after that a couple came in behind us onces again and she said "oh no there isn't any wait, right this way" wtf??? isn't that wrong.

I just want to mention that the service there is horrible, food is ok. But I will never go back there. I approached her and asked her what her logic was in seating people and her response was "I'm sorry, it was a mistake, but twice...... lady!! she said she didnt' see my gf", fine thats can be possible for the first time but the second time :thumbsdow ?? She was so rude about it and had no solutions, I asked for the manager and she said "i'm the manager" therefore I asked for a different one, never once then came up, so I asked the waiter. He even agrees that shes grouchy! but to top this off, she's the manager / partial OWNER! If you asked me, I think it's even more important for you to treat your customers properly if you own the place partially! I would say stay away.

Ps. I am not trying to be racist, but we're asian and she's white....what I noticed is that she treats all the white ppl well... and came to a theory that she is racist.

Sorry is this sounds look / winded.

DNSDJS
05-18-2007, 03:34 PM
no ur obsolutly correct
i had probs there too
me and my wife went to eat there once
never again
seated all the white ppl
but left me and my wife alone.

im east indian and i wear a turban
she told me to get my terrorist ass outta there
i went balistic and started lettting everyone know that shes freakin racist and shiet
white ppl didnt care

i tell u man
i think god damn all of north america is racist.
dont know the diff. between indians and musliums and the diff. in turbans..
i want to fireball her house.:banghead:

ok there now im fine..lol
but its tru guys
that place is run by a racist white lady.

Xtrema
05-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Is Green Olive a franchise or just a local store with branches.

I always thought the owners are Chinese.

QuasarCav
05-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by DNSDJS
no ur obsolutly correct
i had probs there too
me and my wife went to eat there once
never again
seated all the white ppl
but left me and my wife alone.

im east indian and i wear a turban
i went balistic and started lettting everyone know that shes freakin racist and shiet
white ppl didnt care

i tell u man

ok there now im fine..lol
but its tru guys
that place is run by a racist white lady.

KenP
05-18-2007, 03:50 PM
You better make sure that the restraunt is jam packed with people to increase the amount of damage you are going to cause her. Don't forget to make sure all your mana is untapped.

Haha ohh man magic cards where dope back in the day! I remember husslin kids for their cards... Good times.

:thumbsup:

thw_goalie
05-18-2007, 03:53 PM
i tell u man
So we're racist because we don't know the difference in turbans that people wear? Just because people aren't educated about your turbans doesn't mean we're racist.

DNSDJS
05-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

WTF?
hahahaha
Magic Cards?!?!
LOL
:rofl:

DNSDJS
05-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by thw_goalie

So we're racist because we don't know the difference in turbans that people wear? Just because people aren't educated about your turbans doesn't mean we're racist.

no offence man
it wasnt directed towards u or anyone who knows

im just talkin about those white ppl
who would rather just live in their lil worlds thinking that they
own this land and are the damn kings of it,
and that they dont have the need to understand that todays society is a multi-cultural one and everyone has the right to fair treatment in any and all establishments.

FiveFreshFish
05-18-2007, 04:03 PM

Seriously? Fuck, she's way out of line there.

s2k_boi
05-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Seriously? Fuck, she's way out of line there. :werd:

serisouly... i thought I was treated bad, but thats worse! But also didnt' mean to start a racial war here. I just wanted to mention the poor service, irrational way of seating and treatment that we got as she is part owner according to staff there. As I don't see any justification for this type of behaviour and treatment as we are in a multi-cultural city / nation.

Down with Green Olive :thumbsdow :guns:

xcelr8
05-18-2007, 04:10 PM
cant you call the BBB on them?
http://www.bbb.org/

hash
05-18-2007, 04:18 PM
someone needs to do an undercover sting ...ahah. like those two black guys did at the calgary bars a couple of years ago.

Kritafo
05-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Holy Crap, we were going to try it...I won't go if they are acting like that.

Wish they had a website!

gatorade
05-18-2007, 06:04 PM
what a bitch, even before I was done reading your post I was thinking are you colored, and as you pointed out you are.

D. Dub
05-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Ate there a few weeks ago---

mehh..... had better Italian food at many places.

Service was so so.

D. Dub
05-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by s2k_boi
:werd:

serisouly... i thought I was treated bad, but thats worse! But also didnt' mean to start a racial war here. I just wanted to mention the poor service, irrational way of seating and treatment that we got as she is part owner according to staff there. As I don't see any justification for this type of behaviour and treatment as we are in a multi-cultural city / nation.

Down with Green Olive :thumbsdow :guns:

No Shite and probably not a good business decision on their part as there are an awful lot of Asian people who shop in that area.

Ed the SOHC
05-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Weird... my wife and I went there a month ago and had no problems. We're both asians too. :dunno:

lexIS300
05-20-2007, 04:52 PM
i think asians own it though

Street_Soldier
05-20-2007, 05:46 PM
^ yeah i was about to say that.

Orbie
05-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub

No Shite and probably not a good business decision on their part as there are an awful lot of Asian people who shop in that area.

No joke, if that's true it's not very smart as that restaurant is located right next to the new T&T Market (a.k.a. China town part 2). My fiancee and I are probably still going to try it, I have to see this first hand to believe it.

hoamic11
05-20-2007, 08:43 PM
man i think the orginal one on 68th st ne is owned by asians, i thought bout going to the new one by tnt and now i don't think i'll go to that one. I've had good service at teh orginal one.

send her a bad feedback card

toyota666
05-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by thw_goalie

do you not know the largest terrorist attack in history was Air India back in 1985 by Sikhs?

Then came 9/11

but still she has no right to tell him that, I know many sikhs , muslims, they are very good people. they take respect and honor seriously, something us in Canada should do.

sputnik
05-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by toyota666

do you not know the largest terrorist attack in history was Air India back in 1985 by Sikhs?

Then came 9/11

but still she has no right to tell him that, I know many sikhs , muslims, they are very good people. they take respect and honor seriously, something us in Canada should do.

I would say that the Oklahoma City bombing was bigger.

Not as many fatalities, but a building was levelled, 186 killed and over 800 injured.

In the end it was a couple of white guys.

lexIS300
05-24-2007, 02:01 PM
the one on 68th and the new one are owned by the same people

DNSDJS
05-24-2007, 02:13 PM
yeah
i mean who gives her the right to call me names and shiet.
but
what can u do?
the BBB wont do anything either..
ive called them a couple times for other places that have their stickers on the windows the BBB doesnt do jack shiet.

the BBB is like the U.S. congress they just sit there and do nothing.. LOL

but on a serious note.. the only reason me and my wife went there was she was craving some italian and i was like lets try this place out..

way better food and service at mcdonalds compared to this crappy shit place.

i usally dont wish harm upon ppl but to her i hope she suffers big time in business...
:devil:

these are my 2 cents.....

toyota666
05-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

I would say that the Oklahoma City bombing was bigger.

Not as many fatalities, but a building was levelled, 186 killed and over 800 injured.

In the end it was a couple of white guys.

no over 300 people , all families, where killed when airplane went down. This was planted in an Airplane still in Canada. Yet Many Sikhs are now in Charge of baggage security at Aiports, i dont mind that but do we treat moslems differently?

LaDeeDaDeeDa
05-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Im in HarvestHill,s where exactly is this place?

EDIT: Found

LaDeeDaDeeDa
05-25-2007, 09:42 AM

right :rolleyes:

im just talkin about those white ppl
who would rather just live in their lil worlds thinking that they
own this land and are the damn kings of it,
Haha thats calgary for ya, and why we are considered one of the most racist cities in all of canada. yes thats right, it is! And why we are constantly brought up on the news when it comes to racial issues.

LaDeeDaDeeDa
05-25-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Orbie

No joke, if that's true it's not very smart as that restaurant is located right next to the new T&T Market (a.k.a. China town part 2). My fiancee and I are probably still going to try it, I have to see this first hand to believe it.

Oh its right next to T&T haha, damn....Im right across the street from there. At least i know to avoid that dump. That vietnamese rest. in that same plaza aint any better.