PDA

View Full Version : possible to mod 08 lancer to evo?

meatball117
05-18-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm a new user, so please be gentle...

I know that it's illegal to import Evolutions into Canada, and I don't know when they're going to change the laws on that.

I was wondering if it's possible to swap out the drivetrain of a Lancer with an Evo (fabrication and clearance-wise), and if it's possible, what kind of money a person would be talking if they were to try something like this.

I know I could probably get a different car that's just as good etc etc etc, but I think it'd be totally bad-ass to have what amounts to a canadian street legal evo, and I think it might turn out to be a fun project.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

GTS Jeff
05-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Why do that when you can just buy an Evo from the dealer?

HIDStop
05-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Why do that when you can just buy an Evo from the dealer? :werd:

KenP
05-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Wow an Evo 8 front clip would probally cost you an arm and a leg I bet.. Why not just buy and Evo 10... I know they are butt ugly but they will still haul ass. Also I belive the platform the Evos are built on is very different from that of the Lancers we get here.. I may be wrong though.. Also Evos are AWD and Lancers FWD do the trannys even mate without custom fab work? Sounds like to much money and time for to little reward to me even if it's possible.

meatball117
05-18-2007, 04:22 PM
If you would be so kind as to let me know which dealers are selling these I'd be appreciative, all the websites I'm seeing don't mention an AWD, 300 horsepower lancer anywhere...

KenP
05-18-2007, 04:24 PM
The Evo 10 is coming to Canada this year getting one is going to be hard in the first year or so of distribution in Canada. All of them or nearly all of them have already been pre purchased.
The cars are not here yet but will be shortly. If you don't feel like waiting just go buy a used STI?

meatball117
05-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by KenP
Wow an Evo 8 front clip would probally cost you an arm and a leg I bet.. Why not just buy and Evo 10... I know they are butt ugly but they will still haul ass. Also I belive the platform the Evos are built on is very different from that of the Lancers we get here.. I may be wrong though.. Also Evos are AWD and Lancers FWD do the trannys even mate without custom fab work? Sounds like to much money and time for to little reward to me even if it's possible.

Ah you see, this is why I'm asking, I'm pretty sure I'd have to import the entire drivetrain (engine, tranny, everything) from Japan, because you're right, the Lancers in canada are all FWD. The problem is I don't WANT a FWD, I want an Evo :p

I was kinda hoping that Mitsubishi didn't change their chassis too much between the Evolution and the Lancer

meatball117
05-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Ah I didn't realize they were coming to Canada this year, I've spent so many years drooling over the damn things that I just figured that Canada would never get off their ass and just let them come. This is good news thank you very much.

Euro_Trash
05-18-2007, 04:29 PM
I don't know if you wanting to do this to be exclusive, but since they are being sold in Canada soon, it wont be exclusive for very long, so you are probably best to wait, or like Ken said, get an STI

EDIT: never mind I posted after your last post there

reiRei
05-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Evolutions are being shipped to Mitsubishi in January..

KenP
05-18-2007, 04:30 PM
It's not because the Evo 10 is PUG UGLY IMHO... There is one guy on the forum here with an Evo 8.. I belive he once had an offer of $75 000 and turned it down.. Just go throw $100 000 and I am sure he will sell it to you.
Haha, start calling all the dealers in town and talk to them about putting some money down now if you want one the day they arive!

reiRei
05-18-2007, 04:34 PM
you could always just sleep with the minister of transportation.. maybe he'll change his mind about those RIV regulaions?:poosie:

JAYMEZ
05-18-2007, 04:37 PM
I dont see why it wouldnt be possible , just alot of fab work , but it most defiantly could be done with some coin!

GTS Jeff
05-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
I dont see why it wouldnt be possible , just alot of fab work , but it most defiantly could be done with some coin! Evo X >>> 2008 Lancer w/ Evo 8 drivetrain

Team_Mclaren
05-19-2007, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
I dont see why it wouldnt be possible , just alot of fab work , but it most defiantly could be done with some coin!

:werd:

if someone can completely strip an MR2 and get it imported here and put it back together, you can do it with an EVO

JAYMEZ
05-19-2007, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Evo X >>> 2008 Lancer w/ Evo 8 drivetrain

:werd: :hitit: