PDA

View Full Version : Acting Schools?

shakalaka
05-20-2007, 11:59 PM
I know this was discussed a LONG time ago, I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

But anyways here's the question.

I am just wondering if you any of guys know of or have been to any acting schools that you can recommend. Basically I am here for the summer before I go back to Scotland for uni, and I was thinking maybe do something in the spare time, just for fun sakes. Nothing serious, just something I want to do, which would be interesting plus who knows might be useful later on down the line.

So basically just looking for some good acting schools you guys can recommend. It would be better if the recommendations delivered come from some sort of personal experience, but offcourse that isn't imperative. Websites and such links would also be very helpful, so that I can do more research and stuff.

Also this is the question for the people that HAVE ATTENDED such schools. Did you guys think it was any good? As in did you guys find it helpful at all? And why do you guys think it is a smart idea to do so? Also do these schools provide representation after you are finished as well, or are you required to do that on your own?

Thanks a lot for your time guys, it's much appreciated.

Si_FlyGuy
05-21-2007, 12:03 AM
PM ZorroAMG. He highly recommended Company of Rogues a while back.

BerserkerCatSplat
05-21-2007, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
PM ZorroAMG. He highly recommended Company of Rogues a while back.

Beat me to it, he's the only Beyonder with any sort of professional acting experience that I know of.

JAYMEZ
05-21-2007, 04:27 AM
I did a course with New York Film Academy , highly recommend! .

They have 2 weeks , 4 weeks , 6 months , 1 year programs.

www.nyfa.com ... Closest schools are in Hollywood and New York.

ZorroAMG
05-21-2007, 05:14 AM
NYFA is good but a bit of a project for someone local that wants to get started.

Company of rogues is THE acting school in Calgary, no doubt about it. I attended CofR from 2003 til summer 2006 and it was a phenomenal program...working teachers that know what they are doing. I also took the master class program last year and have taken the film intensive and performance intensive workshops for the last 3 years. They will have what you are looking for. pm me for any other questions.

403.228.5526 www.corogues.com

Simon or Stacie will point you in the right direction, tell them I said to check them out.

shakalaka
05-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Hey Zorro, I pm'ed you. Have a look at it.

ZorroAMG
05-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Replied...let me know how it works out!