PDA

View Full Version : Closest ever without getting hit!

old&slow
05-21-2007, 08:08 AM
Guy coming off 130 ave unto Deerfoot north and crosses the solids and taking 2 lanes all without even looking!
Just so happens that when ever I see a car cross into lane next to me I watch for the double lane crosser.
Sure as shit here he comes and quite fast.
I nearly lost control of the wife's mini van doing the avoidance thing. Fortunately for me the left lane was clear. Otherwise you'd of read about it in the morning paper!

Thnx asshole! Poor wife almost had a heart attack!
Not too mention I'm deaf from the scream!

Si_FlyGuy
05-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Good to hear that you're okay. Sounds like something similar happened to this woman (http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=a6bad5ba-7b28-4730-8b1f-ba439de1bf52&k=8745) .

:(

three.eighteen.
05-21-2007, 12:07 PM
i hate double lane crossers, i'm always on guard for that shit

TomcoPDR
05-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Why can't ppl just stay in their own lane...

And I hate the "double crossers" who knows they need to get into your lane (usually a right merge) after a left turn trying to race you (instead of being just 2nd in line before the turn)

Supa Dexta
05-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Them and the last minute changers.. 4th st Fly over into dowtown for example, people will be driving right along on memorial, only to decide they do/ don't want to go into downtown and then just merge right across without thinking.. People get so freaked out about missing their exits, you missed it, you go down further and find your damn way back..

Ichigo
05-21-2007, 10:13 PM
God damnit.. What's up with all these people that dont shoulder check when they change lanes?? I almost got plastered last week when some guy decided he wanted to change lanes.. i was right beside that guy for god sakes.. I blame out of province drivers.

Disoblige
05-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Just don't drive in their blind spots. When I'm driving and if I stay near a car's blind spot for more than 2 seconds, I already feel unsafe.

codetrap
05-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Heh.. I got one like this.. on Saturday afternoon had to go to Red Deer for a buddy's reception. Wife and I got caught in that nasty weather up by innisfail. So we're cruising along at a whopping 40-50km/h in the left lane, because the sleet is building up in the right due to wind, so left is clearer, better traction. Visibility is about a half click at this point, we come up on a dude in a civic who's spun out and is facing us in the right lane.. no worries.. I'm in the left. Then, some other dude wearing a motorcycle helmet comes running out of the middle ditch, WTF! By now, I'm only doing like 35, so no worries again.. easily avoided. Just pass that little mess of cars all over the place and am starting to slowly speed up, when some crazy sonofabitch in a red Astro minivan, doing at LEAST 80, loses it on the southbound.. I see him and just punch it and weave to the right to get out of his path. He missed us by at good, oh, 3 feet or so. In the mirror, he made it all the way across the northbound highway.

Talk about having to change my shorts!

old&slow
05-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Them are the worst...head on!!!