PDA

View Full Version : need shop opinions

ercchry
05-22-2007, 07:01 PM
alright so the family had a tough day with drug addicts today...

crackheads broke into my dad's durango downtown today and he is going threw insurance and needs to pick one of the above shops to get the damage checked out at so if you could tell me which you thing is the best that would be great :thumbsup:

and then some grade 10 stoner girl at my little brother's highschool (o'byrne) stole his brand new lg chocolate cell phone.. so any kids that go to that school know anything about it please pm me :thumbsup:

alright but back on topic need to know which shop to goto asap :banghead:

ercchry
05-22-2007, 07:47 PM
almost 50 views 1 vote and no replies?

403Gemini
05-22-2007, 08:08 PM
All fantastic shops, i'd recommend concours if getting the repair done immediatly isnt important. they are VERY good, but very backed up.

Sharpie
05-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Out of all of those i would choose A1, but you should try Screaming(you hear nothing but good things about them and dan is an awesome guy)...

If neither of those work out for you I have one more option but it might mean waiting for a while though...

Weapon_R
05-22-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm a big fan of Hallmark, they do incredible work but i'd only go there if insurance was paying as they are very expensive.

ercchry
05-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
All fantastic shops, i'd recommend concours if getting the repair done immediatly isnt important. they are VERY good, but very backed up.

yeah the rents have 2 cars and my dad said that it is staying in the shop till fixed so i dunno what they want to do

and i always have the extra car sitting in the garage if they need a second car :dunno:

Originally posted by Sharpie
Out of all of those i would choose A1, but you should try Screaming(you hear nothing but good things about them and dan is an awesome guy)...

If neither of those work out for you I have one more option but it might mean waiting for a while though...

yeah those are the ONLY shops that they can choose from tho because thats there perfered shops list :nut:

403Gemini
05-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

yeah those are the ONLY shops that they can choose from tho because thats there perfered shops list :nut:

Ummm no, those arent the only shops you can goto. You can goto any shop you damn well want, just the adjuster will need to assign a field appraiser.

brandon
05-22-2007, 11:52 PM

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow
myself and r-audi have both had horrible experiences there!! the quality of thier work is very poor!!

bspot
05-23-2007, 12:35 AM
Not on your list, but Carstar did an amazing job on my car. A beyond member recognized it and did an insane detailing job after too.

ercchry
05-23-2007, 12:38 AM

Ummm no, those arent the only shops you can goto. You can goto any shop you damn well want, just the adjuster will need to assign a field appraiser.

oh really? even for a comprehensive (vandalism) claim?

403Gemini
05-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

oh really? even for a comprehensive (vandalism) claim?

http://www.orlyowl.com/yarly.jpg

Originally posted by brandon

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow
myself and r-audi have both had horrible experiences there!! the quality of thier work is very poor!!

you seem to be the only one

http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GZHZ_enCA223CA224&q=concours+collision

3rd link down

Hallmark is family owned (i BELIEVE) and Weapon_R is right, they do fantastic work as well. Usually arent too busy either cause they're downtown and noboyd likes to drive downtown to fix their cars lol

wheelmanz24
05-23-2007, 01:29 PM
i had some work done at janetts autobody in bowness.
they are family owned and do incredible work!

Mangina
05-23-2007, 04:17 PM
A1:thumbsup:

jdmXSI
05-23-2007, 08:53 PM
A1 is a really good "insurance" shop to go through!:thumbsup:

sugoi240
06-05-2007, 10:33 PM
I've gone to Contemporary Coachwork,
not not CMS. I've had work on on cars in the past
and very satisfied with the work, it does cost more since
they prefer new oem parts, but the work is incredible.
So is the bill. :eek:

But if insurance, I would take it to them again.
Don't let the appraiser send u to joe blow or
to a autobody place where he can save the insurance company money.

It's your car, your right.