PDA

View Full Version : Who imports RHD SUV's and trucks for Decent prices

Speed_Dreams
05-22-2007, 07:04 PM
I have been looking into getting a SUV or Truck as of late , and i have always been drawn to the JDM Toyotas , I am just wondering who imports them? and for a decent price , I check on Yahoo auctions and i see them go for prices between 80K yen and 450k yen , which is like $800-$4500 canadian. the already imported ones i see are running in the $10k-$12k range. I know it costs money and i know everyone wants to make a little money but thats a profit margin im not goign to pay. Can someone shed some light on the situation? I have sent out a couple E-mails to the usual car importers but no replys as of yet.

Thanks for all your help

redline
05-22-2007, 07:08 PM
I guy i know has a JDM Toyota Land Curiser, i will find out where he got his from.

stevo 27
05-22-2007, 09:04 PM
any importing bussniess will bring in a truck aswell

toyota666
05-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Yes anyone know? I would like JDM landcrusers but last time i checked one the major import companies JDM are asking way way too much.

DC2
05-23-2007, 06:34 PM
pm japancar or pm me for his email. he only charges 800CAD for his services. You get charged what he gets charged for shipping to Canada. There is a separate company that he deals with for doing all custom paperwork for you, they charge about 200 for doing absolutely everything for you.

The only thing is you have to be patient, I spent 3 months waiting for my car. But well worth it, I saved quite a bit

He used to be a sponsor but I dont think he renewed this year.

Anyways, his website is: www.japancarexportsonline.com

funkytuqe
05-24-2007, 10:57 AM
I can import a J-spec Truck for you, for a small fee of corse.
Just for your own reference the shipping / import costs are about $5000 on top of the purchace price of the vehichle.
Shoot me a Pm if you want a car and yes it takes a good 3 months to bring one in.

As for Jap yen VS Can $- 100 jap yen =1 Canadian dollar (aproximately). So a car that costs 500000 ($5k can) will cost you about $10 - 11k by the time it gets into Calgary.

redline
05-24-2007, 01:32 PM
The guy i know got his from Canyon creek toyota and paid on the high side of 12K for his and it is in really nice shape.

japancar
05-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Hey there,

We can do that for you. Shipping is speeding up now, but we did have some people waiting.

We're doing about 2 containers a month to Canada, and there's a queue for cars.

Our fee is 800bucks, and you pay the auction price. Shipping by container is about 1300bucks to Vancouver.

As DC2 said, take a look at our site. And, thanks for letting them know DC2!

japancar
05-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by DC2

He used to be a sponsor but I dont think he renewed this year.

Anyways, his website is: www.japancarexportsonline.com

I've been busy doing catch up and such, but plan on re-newing my sponsorship. This is a great site!

Speed_Dreams
05-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by funkytuqe
I can import a J-spec Truck for you, for a small fee of corse.
Just for your own reference the shipping / import costs are about $5000 on top of the purchace price of the vehichle.
Shoot me a Pm if you want a car and yes it takes a good 3 months to bring one in.

As for Jap yen VS Can $- 100 jap yen =1 Canadian dollar (aproximately). So a car that costs 500000 ($5k can) will cost you about $10 - 11k by the time it gets into Calgary.

Originally posted by japancar
Hey there,

We can do that for you. Shipping is speeding up now, but we did have some people waiting.

We're doing about 2 containers a month to Canada, and there's a queue for cars.

Our fee is 800bucks, and you pay the auction price. Shipping by container is about 1300bucks to Vancouver.

As DC2 said, take a look at our site. And, thanks for letting them know DC2!

one of you is saying 5K for shipping the other is saying $1300. This is exactly what im talking about for the pricing being out to lunch

Mr.William
05-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams

one of you is saying 5K for shipping the other is saying $1300. This is exactly what im talking about for the pricing being out to lunch

I think one is saying $1300.00 for shipping and the other is saying about $5000.00 for the shipping, insurance, export / import fees.

DC2
05-25-2007, 05:48 PM
5000 is a little much.

I paid under 1300 for shipping from Japan to Vancouver, about 1000 for a company that Japancar deals with for the customs paperwork (this included destuffing, duty, taxes and all the BS fee's the Government charges)

japancar
05-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by DC2
5000 is a little much.

I paid under 1300 for shipping from Japan to Vancouver, about 1000 for a company that Japancar deals with for the customs paperwork (this included destuffing, duty, taxes and all the BS fee's the Government charges)

And we just charge about 800bucks (80,000yen) to buy and do all the work to get it shipped (paperwork, de-registration, dealing with the auction, arrange for shipping and getting it to the shipper).