PDA

View Full Version : Another Marketplace Suggestion...

Tik-Tok
05-23-2007, 08:58 AM
With the few threads regarding unnecessary posting in the marketplace... and subsequent bannings (though its always entertaining to watch those threads).

Can I suggest it be made like the "Members Rides" threads? Where only the orig. poster can post anything.

When you think about it, only the seller needs to be posting in his own thread. If anyone is interested in the item for sale, that's what PM's are for (or phone #'s if posted).

You don't need someone's third cousins, friends, babysitter bumping an item because he saw it once and it was a really nice bucket... er... item.

You don't need someone informing the seller they have a PM, if the seller doesn't know how to check his PM's, he shouldn't be posting anyways.

You definately don't need the squabble, and postwhoring, especially the guys who say "Oh man, if I didn't JUST buy this one already..." or "If only I had the money!". That's your problem, not the sellers, GTFO of his for sale thread!

And if the seller is trying to gauge interest, just look at the "# of views"

Anyways, it would make life a LOT easier for the mods, and make it a cleaner marketplace altogether. Just a thought.

R-Audi
05-23-2007, 08:59 AM
REPOST.

Tik-Tok
05-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by R-Audi
REPOST.

Lol, :banghead: . Sorry.

hussein
05-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Attention whore! *cough*

(jk):D

Rx7
05-23-2007, 10:17 AM
That's a very nice bucket, if i didnt just buy a black one from crappy tire id be all over it,

check pm:thumbsup:

air_mikey
05-23-2007, 10:22 AM
ive seen this bucket, its a really nice bucket :thumbsup:

bump

TeamBestBud
05-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Thats an interesting suggestion.

Check PM.

ercchry
05-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Rx7
That's a very nice bucket, if i didnt just buy a black one from crappy tire id be all over it,

check pm:thumbsup:

Originally posted by air_mikey
ive seen this bucket, its a really nice bucket :thumbsup:

bump

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/50567/fs-newbie-fs-threads-ie-bucket/

kenny
05-25-2007, 12:07 AM
This suggestion has been brought up many times before but at the moment we feel leaving a thread open for interested parties to post in is worthwhile.

If our upcoming changes to the marketplace doesn't significant reduce the problems then we'll look into this suggestion. :thumbsup:

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Perhaps, instead of moving this "bumped" thread to the top, you could cycle them... and once the item is sold, it can be edited, reported to a mod, and closed? It would ensure equal time to all threads, eliminate the bump whoring, and have useless threads closed.

suen17
05-28-2007, 11:09 PM
There sure are a lot of people trying to become mods eh? Ever since eur0 became one, everyone's just posting suggestions now aren't they? :rofl:

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-29-2007, 04:39 PM
who?

Tik-Tok
05-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by suen17
There sure are a lot of people trying to become mods eh? Ever since eur0 became one, everyone's just posting suggestions now aren't they? :rofl:

Lol, if I wanted to be a mod. I'd just outright ask an admin. I'm suggesting it for the sake of having a clean marketplace.