PDA

View Full Version : Sherry’s Caribbean Food

Kritafo
05-23-2007, 04:27 PM
so we had the opportunity yesterday to check out Sherry's Caribbean food, although when you go in it says new management and Miss_Avril?? with an email address.

Hubby and I ordered Jerk chicken and curried Goat. Both were fabulous. Washed it down with rice and beans with veggies. Side cold pepper salad, and Pineapple-ginger drink and we were good to go.

Both meals were $20.00 including drinks. Fabulous food, chicken was tender, goat was very tender. Nice spices.

It's one of those hole in the walls. But I don't care about looks I care about taste. We will be going back. They are currently only accepting cash.

sputnik
05-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Where is the place?

JRSC00LUDE
05-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Where is it? Sounds good.

I f'in hate the word "hubby".

I actually hate it so bad that if my wife ever called me that I think I'd just vomit all over the place.

Tik-Tok
05-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Fairmount drive, between Glenmore and Heritage, right behind the Domo.

Personally I think it sucks. I went once for lunch, the newfy behind the counter kept going on how awesome the food is, and that I'd be hooked and back again soon.

$7 for a TINY wrap, with luttuce, a few other veggies, and chicken that was BARELY spiced. I haven't been back.

:thumbsdow

Kritafo
05-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Well when my HUBBY and I went yesterday it was Jamaican lady.

The exact address is,

Sherry's Caribbean Food
1A-7640 Fairmount Drive SE
Calgary, AB T2H 0X9
(403) 259-2527

Why would you order a sandwich at a Caribbean place anyway? Unless it was dutchie!

Tik-Tok
05-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo

Why would you order a sandwich at a Caribbean place anyway? Unless it was dutchie!

Because I was in a hurry, apparently the newfie wasn't though as it took him 10 min. to make said tiny wrap, and the chicken was obviously pre cooked and refridgerated.

Maybe I caught them on a bad day.

Kritafo
05-23-2007, 06:19 PM
ahh that sucks, but maybe we hit a good day? some places are hit and miss which really sucks. I like to find place I can count on for good food every time I go.

brentos
05-23-2007, 06:26 PM
I went to the Jr. High beside that place a couple years ago and me and a couple buddys were there first customers there. Back then the price was very cheap and the food was pretty good and the Jamaican lady was so nice. But over some time the prices were going up and up and food quality IMO went down a bit. But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do to to keep the doors open.:dunno:

GTS Jeff
05-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Does your hubby know you call him hubby? How embarrassing for him.

JRSC00LUDE
05-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Well when my HUBBY and I went yesterday it was Jamaican lady.

Funny. :)

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Does your hubby know you call him hubby? How embarrassing for him.

GT-f'in hilari-S Jeff Funny! :rofl: There is a difference, learn it, live it. I feel the power in you, you will succeed with the greatness of a true master! ;)

Si_FlyGuy
05-23-2007, 10:19 PM
If you want good Carribean food, you should go to Jamaica.:rofl:

Kritafo
05-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Well I can't live in the Caribbean 24/7 and I did live in Bermuda for 2 years, though it's not technically the Caribbean, they use the same spices.

I don't call my husband "hubby" when we are out just on the net.

R-Audi
05-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Anyone tried "Whats Up" on 17th?? been meaning to go there...

Si_FlyGuy
05-24-2007, 09:10 AM
I don't call my husband "hubby" when we are out just on the net.

Do you call him tubby instead?:rofl:

Trini
07-04-2007, 10:56 PM
If you want good curry caribbean style try a Trini place..best curry..trinidad known for curry,roti,doubles,bake and shark,jamaica more for the best jerk chicken.