PDA

View Full Version : yet another school shooting.

LuxCars
05-23-2007, 11:04 PM
This is really starting to get annoying.

Students in a Toronto school experienced a lock down when a 15 year old student was shot on the second floor of the school.

School name: CW Jeffrey's.

Notice how immune we are getting to the school shootings now. I didnt even notice that i did this but the title of this thread

"yet another school shooting"

read about it: Calgary herald
http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=2e9fa45a-99b9-4918-a372-0ec3234e4e9a&k=52736

jay42w8
05-23-2007, 11:59 PM
this doesn't qualify as a school shooting, it wasn't random, just some gangsters settling a score...but I love how the media plastered school shooting all over the headlines:rolleyes:

A790
05-24-2007, 12:11 AM
^^ Regardless, the shooting still took place at a school.

It creates fear, uncertainty, and anxiety. Do you want your child to go to school there?

01RedDX
05-24-2007, 12:12 AM

BerserkerCatSplat
05-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Eh, apparently school shootings are the "in" thing this year. :rolleyes:

Skyline_Addict
05-24-2007, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by jay42w8
this doesn't qualify as a school shooting, it wasn't random, just some gangsters settling a score...but I love how the media plastered school shooting all over the headlines:rolleyes:

yeah, please explain to me how a shooting which took place in a school is not a school shooting?

jay42w8
05-24-2007, 12:46 AM
school shooting, when the term is used in the media, IMO, SHOULD and/or usually implies that a random gunman went in and randomly started killing people...thats what I mean

Maxt
05-24-2007, 06:47 AM
Sad, gun control or no gun control the shit still happens...

natejj
05-24-2007, 06:51 AM
Can't wait for the media spin on this one, when they found out the shooter owned a computer with a copy of Counter strike on it.....

:rolleyes:

sputnik
05-24-2007, 07:22 AM
That school is in the area near Jane and Finch.

Probably one of the worst areas in Toronto.

Toms-SC
05-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Damn Americans and their firearms!

403Gemini
05-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by jay42w8
school shooting, when the term is used in the media, IMO, SHOULD and/or usually implies that a random gunman went in and randomly started killing people...thats what I mean

If he missed, hit another kid, then would you call it by your definition be a "school shooting" ?

lol, it was a school shooting, doesnt matter what the motive is

l8braker
05-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

The worst.

l/l/rX
05-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Maxt
Sad, gun control or no gun control the shit still happens...

if anything the gun(s) used in this case were probably illegal/ smuggled. if you got the right connects you can go n get a gun for couple hundred bucks. its not about having stricter rules on gun control, no matter what the gov't does to implement laws against guns, people ALWAYS have their ways around it. these kids arent just going to gun shops, getting a gun license, and buying a gun. hell no, they're going to their friends and picking them up from them, or through people their friends know.

IMO this isnt a school shooting. its just more so gang related. you can say that this is a shooting that happened at a school.
its probably just easier to find the kid @ school rather than off campus.

the guy shooting wasnt shooting at random, he had a certain target. if a bullet hit someone else who he didnt want to hit, that would've just been a mistake. and just a shooting at a school.

how the media presents what a "school shooting" is, is that some person goes into a school and shoots everyone and anyone and has no specific target.

IMO of course.

air_mikey
05-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

its not about gun control in this case...if anything the gun(s) used in this case were probably illegal/ smuggled.

IMO this isnt a school shooting. its just more so gang related. you can say that this is a shooting that happened at a school.
its probably just easier to find the kid @ school rather than off campus.

the guy shooting wasnt shooting at random, he had a certain target. if a bullet hit someone else who he didnt want to hit, that would've just been a mistake. and just a shooting at a school.

how the media presents what a "school shooting" is, is that some person goes into a school and shoots everyone and anyone and has no specific target.

IMO of course.

I agree. This could have happened anywhere. The shooter was only out to get that one person. If it happened in a house would you consider it a house shooting?!?!?

DNSDJS
05-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by natejj
Can't wait for the media spin on this one, when they found out the shooter owned a computer with a copy of Counter strike on it.....

:rolleyes:

i know i shouldnt laugh
but
LMAO

counter strike......

LOL

LuxCars
05-24-2007, 10:51 AM
school shooting, house shooting, trailer park shooting, or whatever the fuck it is. ITS A SHOOTING and it was done by kids (15-16 years old). Its not where he killed the kid but the fact that he did and that these motives are present.
Its insanity and proof of some major issues in society.

I dont know how they can reach out to everyone and cause them to realize and become better people, but something needs to be done because its gonna get worse everytime and you'll be hearing "This is now known as the worst massacre of all time", and then those sick people causing all this distress are going to try and top it and its just gonna get worse.

like i said in many previous threads about all these shootings, its gotta start somewhere, and it can start with you. People will start noticing your actions and it will spread.

l/l/rX
05-24-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by LuxCars
school shooting, house shooting, trailer park shooting, or whatever the fuck it is. ITS A SHOOTING and it was done by kids (15-16 years old). Its not where he killed the kid but the fact that he did and that these motives are present.
Its insanity and proof of some major issues in society.

I dont know how they can reach out to everyone and cause them to realize and become better people, but something needs to be done because its gonna get worse everytime and you'll be hearing "This is now known as the worst massacre of all time", and then those sick people causing all this distress are going to try and top it and its just gonna get worse.

like i said in many previous threads about all these shootings, its gotta start somewhere, and it can start with you. People will start noticing your actions and it will spread.

you know what...come to think of it, there are LOTS of shootings in T.O. i'd say way more than here. why dont we hear about those? because this one happened @ a school and the media just decides to show this one because of all the other recent school shootings.
really its just another day in the JnF area. another shooting. the media just gets it all hyped up cuz it happened at a school.

and honestly what you said "People will start noticing your actions and it will spread." HAH total bullshit. no matter what, we're always going to have gangsters, drug dealers, shootings, stabbings, it doesnt matter what kind people are around them to try influence them to be good. its a simple part of this world. a simple check and balance between good and evil.

end of story.

edit to add on to my last paragraph:

the only way for ppl to change is by changing their mentality. for SOME ppl, it may work if others around them encourage them to be good (yes im agreeing with you) but for MOST its a decision they have to make on their own. either from getting arrested too many times, getting shot at, stabbed or just getting too old and tired of that b.s. i know ppl that have been in and out of jail but are still living the life. know ppl who have been shot but are still living the life. for some thats their life, thats all they have. they are never going to get out of that scene. so therefore we're always going to have those ppl around until they die, but then there are always going to be others that follow in their footsteps.

jay42w8
05-24-2007, 06:24 PM
^ thank you, that's exactly what I was getting at....the media used the term "school shooting" to sensationalize it when really it was just another gang related shooting happening in the jane and finch area that just happened to have happened during class hours in a school....when everyone saw the headline, they were like ZOMG!!!1 another nutjob opening fire randomly...even the OP chose to title this thread...ANOTHER school shooting, as if this was the same as recent incidents

turbotrip
05-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

probably one of the worst in canada actually

Kaos
05-24-2007, 06:46 PM
http://static.last.fm/proposedimages/sidebar/6/6998693/59461.jpg
Must've been Chuckie Akens crew.
Those hoodlums :poosie: