PDA

View Full Version : "next time you're banned"?

ricosuave
05-24-2007, 09:11 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/171645/fs-1993-volkswagen-golf-gl-turbo-diesel/

I was just curious to know why this was applied to me?

buddy has been trying to sell this vehicle for a while, put up a vw specific site that he may have more luck with

while i understand and appreciate the efforts going into modding and keeping threads clean, i thought that this was a touch out of line

anyway, im happy to (hopefully) have a good standing here and wish to keep it that way.

just asking for clarification is all./

thanks,
rico

ps because of my hopefully good standing, can i volunteer to be a mod?

ercchry
05-24-2007, 09:18 PM
i have notice this a lot latly, is there a new marketplace mod or is someone just been pushed a little too far?

88CRX
05-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Already been discussed here:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/177284/im-confused-about-this-post-deletion-moved/

And from the marketplace rules:

Do not post if you have no intention of buying the item at the time of your post

toyboy88
05-24-2007, 09:20 PM
I think it's not allowed to post direct URL links to there sites, because it is considered a form of free advertising.

At least that's what happened in one of the "Where to buy clothing" threads where links were posted.

:)

ricosuave
05-24-2007, 09:21 PM
ok, sorry for the misunderstanding and thanks

QuasarCav
05-24-2007, 09:42 PM
I think it's great. There should be no other posting in a thread than people asking questions and even that can be done over PM. There is way too much useless BS in for sale threads and I could never understand why someone feels the need to say "bump for a nice car".

There are so many threads where I want to tell the OP that his 91 Civic with big mouth front bumper and 17 chrome rims will not sell for 8K but I hold back.

ricosuave
05-24-2007, 09:46 PM
i suggested this before...

why not have a fs thread then lock it.

any questions, etc will then have to go to pm, and when it sells, the guy can simply edit it as sold later.

???

samo147
05-24-2007, 10:06 PM
cause the questions might be common?
other buyers might be interested in the answers or have the same question
saves the OP from having to reply to the same thing

QuasarCav
05-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Most people should have the mental capacity to make a proper for sale thread. There really should not be any questions unless it is something one off. Maybe a form with specific fields like cell phone sales and only allow the OP to post in the thread.

D'z Nutz
05-24-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by ricosuave
I was just curious to know why this was applied to me?

This doesn't apply to just you. It applies to everyone. We're going to be going through some major clean ups in the marketplace (easily our most busiest sections) so consider these warnings as friendly heads ups before we enforce a zero tolerance policy. Pretty soon people can and will lose their marketplace privileges and/or get banned for useless postings.

What's a useless posting? (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/169766/please-combine-marketplace-listings-when-possible-and-useless-bumping/)

Really, this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. These rules have been in place for years. It's only now that we're finally going to crack down on the offenders. People who understand and follow the rules will benefit and those who don't will be removed, which makes it easier for us mods to maintain the marketplace and more enjoyable for everyone else. Most of the time, it's always the same people who just don't get it anyways.

ps because of my hopefully good standing, can i volunteer to be a mod?

Candidates for moderators usually include people who have an understanding of the rules. Whoops! :nut:

BerserkerCatSplat
05-24-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Most people should have the mental capacity to make a proper for sale thread.

You're giving people on here far too much credit.

eur0
05-25-2007, 12:31 AM
I think the longer term issue is the whole 'first page priority issue'. Say if you ask a buddy to bump your thread by saying great seller, blah blah blah. What happens when everyone does the same thing? How many hundreds of active threads do you think will get bumped within a couple of days? Putting in some restrictions will limit this already growing problem and keep honest sales posted by date and real interest. Some steps have already been taken by reducing the vehicle marketplace into sub-categories.

I think we should start a Beyond publication much like the Auto Trader :) (hint hint).