PDA

View Full Version : wow does AI fitzone ever suck

big A
05-24-2007, 09:29 PM
edit:

CCM Pro
05-24-2007, 11:21 PM
That sucks man...what did the guy look like? Was he a stockier guy with lighter brown hair probably mid 20s? I think i know him haha

qbnb
05-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Hey man, I go to fitzone myself. If you ever need any help using the equipment, let me know. The service might not be amazing (especially those 2 dudes, most of the girls are nice), but the price is decent and it's clean. Not to mention most of the people who go there seem like good people. I've been there for about a year, and compared to most of the other places I've checked out, it isn't half bad.

justincalgary
05-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Hey big A,

I apologize for the way you were treated and the way that you feel towards Fitzone. My wife is actually one of the owners there and if you could pm me more info about what happened, she will get to the bottom of it. Fact of the matter is that the staff at the front are the first and last thing you see when you walk in or out, and she understands that and the appropriate measures will be taken. Again, I don't work there and have no say on how they do business, but I will/have let her know on what you have written and it will be taken care of.

Thanks,
Justin

sputnik
05-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Did the guy at Gold's say when the new gym on 130th would be open?

big A
05-25-2007, 07:30 PM
hey CCM Pro I think thats the guy. qbnb Thanks for the help, I am just usung trial and error for now while I observe to figure things out.If I have a question I will be sure to look you up.
The golds gym is going to be preselling memberships in august for their expected opening in 6 months.I just phoned one of their existing gyms and asked about the mckenzie gym and they were able to get someone to give me info.

SiR_lyfe
05-31-2007, 02:31 PM
I found fitzone to be like Dodgeball's world gym, minus the abundance of hot ladies....and ben stiller

justincalgary
05-31-2007, 06:43 PM
what does that even mean?

SiR_lyfe
06-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by justincalgary
what does that even mean?

means its more of a flashy gym, ppl dress up to go workout. maybe it was just the day i went.

justincalgary
06-01-2007, 10:20 AM
You sure you weren't at Gold's instead of Fitzone? Fitzone is one of the least flashy gyms I have seen.

ken-gsr
06-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Hey big A have you talked to them about canceling your membership? I also have one there and I hate it as well. I haven’t had a chance to talk to them about canceling it and I am wondering what kind of penalties one would have to pay?

I feel your pain man, that place licks!

TomcoPDR
06-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Did you guys ever thought about World Health Club (Southport Road) or Good Life on Canyon Meadows (used to be Gold's)???

There's also a tiny one in Midnopore; California fitness.

nj2Type-S
06-01-2007, 12:19 PM
why not direct your guys' suggestions and complaints to justincalgary? he did say that his wife is one of the owners of that gym so i'm sure she'll make the necessary changes to make the gym better.

justincalgary
06-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by ken-gsr
Hey big A have you talked to them about canceling your membership? I also have one there and I hate it as well. I haven’t had a chance to talk to them about canceling it and I am wondering what kind of penalties one would have to pay?

I feel your pain man, that place licks!

Why don't you do what the guy above me said, direct it to me. How exactly does it lick, you can't be saying that because noone says Hi or Bye to you. Most people go to a gym to workout not socialize. What can I do to help you enjoy your experience? I don't work there but I am pretty sure you just can't cancel, there are usually fee's or penalties involved, read your contract that you signed, it should be on there.

06-01-2007, 02:50 PM

Why don't you do what the guy above me said, direct it to me. How exactly does it lick, you can't be saying that because noone says Hi or Bye to you. Most people go to a gym to workout not socialize. What can I do to help you enjoy your experience? I don't work there but I am pretty sure you just can't cancel, there are usually fee's or penalties involved, read your contract that you signed, it should be on there.

Hey, I appreciate you explaining things or looking to rectify the situation, but nothing makes me want to punch someone in their teeth more than when I get burned somehow and the selling company starts blowing all of that contract bullshit out they mouth. I feel bad for you and your wife, but hire on some decent people and I bet this wouldn't have come up in the first place. IF you aren't monitoring this kind of thing, then you can't expect your business to succeed.

Weapon_R
06-01-2007, 03:02 PM

Why don't you do what the guy above me said, direct it to me. How exactly does it lick, you can't be saying that because noone says Hi or Bye to you. Most people go to a gym to workout not socialize.

Because a place that doesn't even have courteous staff is probably not the kind of place you want to spend your money at, especially with a popular competitor opening just a few blocks away.

justincalgary
06-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by 929

Hey, I appreciate you explaining things or looking to rectify the situation, but nothing makes me want to punch someone in their teeth more than when I get burned somehow and the selling company starts blowing all of that contract bullshit out they mouth. I feel bad for you and your wife, but hire on some decent people and I bet this wouldn't have come up in the first place. IF you aren't monitoring this kind of thing, then you can't expect your business to succeed.

Not really sure what you mean by contract bullshit, or how they are getting burned, but they took the tour or just scoped it out alone, it looked like a gym, so you signed up. How is that bullshit?

One of the affoermentioned guys is the owner, can only say so much to him. I don't want to sound cliche or anything, but lately good help is hard to find.

Unknown303
06-01-2007, 07:42 PM
I think people here should try to be a little more constructive and give Justin some pointers to pass on to his wife. After all why move onto another gym if you can have the one that your currently working out at improved, It would make it better for more people than just yourself and that would be a lot better in the long run.

big A
06-01-2007, 09:46 PM
edit:

justincalgary
06-02-2007, 12:19 AM
Hey big A,

I did pass on the info, are you the one that signed up for 3 years and then changed it to 6 months?

justincalgary
06-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Just to let you know also, that one of the "scrawny" guys had his last day there today.

big A
06-02-2007, 09:17 AM

justincalgary
06-02-2007, 10:07 AM
If she is the darker skinned girl her name is Jess, and she is good. If you do need to talk to an owner and don't want to deal with Derek, just go in during the day and talk to my wife Amanda, she is there until 2:00 everyday during the week.

Gondi Stylez
06-04-2007, 02:36 AM
I was thinking of signing up here and Gold's is too long for me to wait... I hope this place get's some of its problems fixed....

justincalgary
06-04-2007, 11:21 AM
It has no problems, there are no wait times for equipment, it's clean and most of the employees are friendly. Besides, I think they have one of the best prices out there.

ekobruzzi
06-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Holy Christmas, talk about a lot of complaining.

I am a member of FitZone. I've been to most of the gym's in Calgary and FitZone is easily my favorite one to go to. I have never ONCE had a problem with any of the staff there. Everyone there has always been curtious and let's face it people, you don't go to a GYM for the social contact. You go there to work out.

You really need people walking around back there whlie you work out? What the hell FOR? Do you really need the social contact that badly? Maybe you should bring a buddy to work out.

And if you need instruction on the equipment, SPRING FOR THE PERSONAL TRAINING ALREADY. I used to work at a different gym and the gentleman was correct, they are NOT INSURED as PT's and therefore can't show you how to do anything because if you turn out to be a moron (safe bet) and you hurt yourself, they're boned. So get out the wallet and pay for some personal training if you REALLY can't look at the pictures on every machine with instructions on how to use them and what muscle group it works. If you need more instruction than that, then you might be an idiot. You might want to get that looked at.

The prices are competetive and the staff are friendly. That's the bottom line. Not a bad experience. Ever.

Unlimited tanning for 10 a month? Try finding that at another gym.

You sound like the types to buy a gym membership and use it a few times before taking a few sweet months off. Not the people that go there 4-5 times a week like us normal people who are willing to pay for a gym membership are for.

The guys are playing video games? Those two guys are the nicest in the whole place. Who the hell cares what they're doing? Them playing video games really ruins your workout? That's a lot of motivation you've got going there.

Good on him, but I can't believe Justin is even entertaining the idea of placating you tranquilized monkeys. I'd sell your contracts to Gold's and even fill out the paperwork for you.

Mr. Ekobruzzi

big A
06-04-2007, 09:53 PM
^^^^ wow and I thought my rant was a bit much.
I hope you feel better now, I know it worked for me.
Thanks for explaining the liability factor of not being insured as a personal trainer it makes sense now that you pointed it out.However I think the name calling was uncalled for.

TomcoPDR
06-04-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by ekobruzzi
Holy Christmas, talk about a lot of complaining.

I am a member of FitZone. I've been to most of the gym's in Calgary and FitZone is easily my favorite one to go to. I have never ONCE had a problem with any of the staff there. Everyone there has always been curtious and let's face it people, you don't go to a GYM for the social contact. You go there to work out.

You really need people walking around back there whlie you work out? What the hell FOR? Do you really need the social contact that badly? Maybe you should bring a buddy to work out.

And if you need instruction on the equipment, SPRING FOR THE PERSONAL TRAINING ALREADY. I used to work at a different gym and the gentleman was correct, they are NOT INSURED as PT's and therefore can't show you how to do anything because if you turn out to be a moron (safe bet) and you hurt yourself, they're boned. So get out the wallet and pay for some personal training if you REALLY can't look at the pictures on every machine with instructions on how to use them and what muscle group it works. If you need more instruction than that, then you might be an idiot. You might want to get that looked at.

The prices are competetive and the staff are friendly. That's the bottom line. Not a bad experience. Ever.

Unlimited tanning for 10 a month? Try finding that at another gym.

You sound like the types to buy a gym membership and use it a few times before taking a few sweet months off. Not the people that go there 4-5 times a week like us normal people who are willing to pay for a gym membership are for.

The guys are playing video games? Those two guys are the nicest in the whole place. Who the hell cares what they're doing? Them playing video games really ruins your workout? That's a lot of motivation you've got going there.

Good on him, but I can't believe Justin is even entertaining the idea of placating you tranquilized monkeys. I'd sell your contracts to Gold's and even fill out the paperwork for you.

Mr. Ekobruzzi

Yea, agree with your post... just a tiny little harsh though...

When I was a teen, I use to think Vince from Southport WHC was weird, and the way he smiles and grinds his teeth like he's chewing gum but he's not use to bug the crap outta me. But anyways Vince is a cool guy :thumbsup: and I'm not there to "socialize" that location USED (like 5+ years ago) to be so unorganized. I think they're pretty professional now though. :)

Now a days I try to walk in and out with my head down, but maybe it's the way I come off as a weirdo, they always have someone purposely make eye contact with me and say "HI" when I come in and then someone will always make sure I see them and say "BYE"... Maybe it's just their way of insurance that a weirdo like me if I ever go postal I won't do it there (i.e. ah, the WHC people aren't bad people, I shouldn't lose it on them, etc...)

To the OP, yea sorry man, I think it's a social issue more than the business. Most the time I just wanna get my exercise done, don't even wanna make eye contact with any members (even if it's friends or past customers, unless they say HI, of course I'm a nice guy to talk to)... But I think Vince (manager there) told members what I do for a living (crew I work for fix hail damage on his new brought SUV), seems like people know what I do and wanna make convo. with me like: "Hey, you fix dents right, oh, I got a dent for you" and then probably expect me to "take care of it" and "don't worry about it gym buddy I've never met before"... well, I got payments too, and I got girlfriends to feed.

Anyways, to be constructive to the post... anyalize how much you'll "lose" in terms of money if you cancel... or just don't go (and keep paying until term finish)... and anyalize what your happy/sad level is if you remind membership there, or if it's unbearable then take the money loss (either cancel, or keep paying without going)... and go to another gym and be more happy and stress free.

Seriously try WHC Southport (since you're talking about South area)... and if you do sign up can you please use me as the reference? I need a new WHC gym bag or the popcorn-pimp sweater. :thumbsup:

Mr_John
06-05-2007, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by ekobruzzi

ou don't go to a GYM for the social contact. You go there to work out.
Do you really need the social contact that badly? Maybe you should bring a buddy to work out

Mr. Ekobruzzi

A simple hello or good bye is too much for an employee to be doing? Simple gestures help the business grow and compete against other and bigger companies. When I go to any business for any reason and am treated respectful then I tend to remember and visit that company more often.

If you use the logic of going there only to work out then why is it so easy for people to complain about customer service everywhere else?

ekobruzzi
06-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Big A: It's not like you didn't know that. You mentioned it in your own post up top.

Also, did you say that you HAD a contract at another gym and they changed the paperwork AFTER you had signed for 3 years? Try getting another gym to do THAT for you. I don't even know that they've ever been that accomodating to anyone in THEIR gym, and I've known this family a while.

The fact that these owners KNOW who you are (given that your email is right on your profile and contains your full name), it's amazing that they haven't given you the boot. Given that they COULD based on what's in the rules and policies of the contract, and they wouldn't even owe you a dime and could collect on the rest of your contract.

ALSO:
929:
Yeah, nothing sucks more than having to fulfill your contractual obligations, hey? You really feel like punching someone right in "they" mouth when they ask you to fulfill the obligations of a contract that YOU signed?

Uh... so you've obviously never owned a cell phone, or you take the pay as you go route with your cell phone, right?

PS: The business has succeeded. 5 years and running.

Ekobruzzi

5hift
06-06-2007, 10:06 PM
^^

Haha so I guess this is the owner.

justincalgary
06-06-2007, 10:08 PM
I can guarantee you 100% it's not, she is beside me right now, and her brother could give a shit.

5hift
06-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Well thats just how it appeared to me considering that the poster joined around the same time this thread started, and also by how extremely defensive they are of Fitzone.

justincalgary
06-06-2007, 11:40 PM
There has been a few members who have come in from this site and mentioned this post, there are alot of lurkers on this site that just take a look and maybe they joined to stick up for it. If the owners found out that one of the staff was/is doing posting about fitzone they'd be pissed.

Jlude
06-07-2007, 12:35 AM
I just want to say that it's unfortunate if individual people have had a poor experience at fitzone... I've been a member since I moved to calgary (3 years) and I love it there... I never find that I have to wait for equipment, and if so, the other members are friendly enough that you can just ask them to let you know when they're done.

As for a couple of the workers... yes, some of the guys seem a little pre-occupied with non work related activities... but Jess and the girls there are very sweet and always say hi and bye to me...

IMO... for a gym in calgary... it's cheap... it's clean... what else do ya need?

I just wanted to say some good words about fitzone because I've had a good experience there...:thumbsup:

mdeluxe
06-12-2007, 10:42 AM
I hear theres a GOLDS opening up on 130th. maybe wait for that :thumbsup:

mdeluxe
06-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Jlude
I

I just wanted to say some good words about fitzone because I've had a good experience there...:thumbsup:

:werd: I hear its a good place too

hoamic11
06-12-2007, 10:49 AM
does anybody know when that golds off 130th ave will open or what the fees will be like?

mdeluxe
06-12-2007, 10:54 AM
I hear really soon, and i bet the prices will be competitive like the places around it, ~$45 - $50 a month

big A
06-13-2007, 08:53 PM

5hift
06-13-2007, 09:00 PM
sounds like a free membership or perks changed your tune

big A
06-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by 5hift
sounds like a free membership or perks changed your tune
no. absolutely nothing has changed.I just figured they werent gonna get any friendlier if I keep this up and I have to walk by them a few times a week when I scan in and they see my name.I would like to get a perk or something, they still can win me over before Golds opens and I will sign into a three year term for the better monthly price.