PDA

View Full Version : Which Local stores

Supa Dexta
05-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Which local store stocks things like replacement window regulators? Or headlight assemblys? I'm used to shopping back home at mom and pop shops that I knew locally.. But out here would it be part source? napa? (I'm not sure which get in model specific parts or if they just have generic stuff like oil filters and junk)

OR

What site ships usps? Sites like partstrain has what I need quite cheap, but list ups as their shipper.. :thumbsdow

Stupid little plastic clip broke on the power window and the whole assembly has to be replaced.. As well my headlight mount clips are broke off, so I'm looking to get everything at once... And not pay near dealer prices...

Supa Dexta
05-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Look at this scam from the live help, I was trying to get thru parts train: haha I was "morty", as seinfeld was on at the time (look at the bottom)

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'paul'
paul: Welcome to Live Help! How can I assist you today?

morty: hi paul, just wondering if you would ship 2 headlight assemblys and a window regulator, using USPS to canada, and how I choose the shipper when ordering, is it the "international" option.. or ground shipping, that it defaults to

paul: For this order international shipping will apply. Please be aware the parts will be shipped to our sales center, where they will be weighed and packaged. You will see a separate charge for international shipping. Shipping costs are calculated by the size and weight of the package and final shipping cost will be sent to your e-mail address after placing the order. Your order will be processed only when we get the confirmation from you on the shipping cost.

paul: May I have the Part Number (or SKU) Please.....

morty: blah blah blah (3 items)

paul: Please hold
paul: Headlight Passenger Side
paul: Headlight Driver Side
paul: Front Window Regulator Passenger Side. Power, with Motor

morty: yeah, but I'm just looking at the international price, it's too much. thanks for your help

paul: Welcome

morty: 2/3's of the parts costs, and its not a big package

paul: Do you have a US address ?

morty: no? im in canada

paul: Okay

morty: okay I'll see if I can find a buddy in the usa to ship to, that way it would be the flat ground rate, nothing
more, right?

paul: Yes

morty: ok thanks again, bye

paul: Free shipping

morty: oh?

paul: Please hold

morty: i thought it said 28$ or something

paul: Please hold i will give link for free shipping

paul: This is your Quote Number: : 52xxxx

paul: http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/xxxxxxx

paul: Click the link

paul: Enter the quote number
paul: Click “ Go” and do not hit enter
paul: Please use the quote when you need to order .

morty: but those aren't the same prices?

paul: With discount

morty: no, for the part numbers I gave you they are listed as 65.20, 109.74, and 114.49, = 289.43

paul: Okay
paul: Include shipping

morty: haha.. what are you trying to pull? "free shipping" means you add it to the part costs?

morty: nice,
morty: can't fool me paul! bye

paul: Thank you for visiting our website. Please take the time now to add us to your favorites. Click "Close" button at the top right to end this chat and answer a few questions about your experience.
paul: Bye
Chat InformationChat session has been terminated!

So yeah, no free shipping, and they are gonna package it up and weigh it, and then wait for my confirmation.. yeah right! Like they would do that for free.. shifty bastards :rolleyes: