PDA

View Full Version : Trunk lids on Preludes, easy to break into??

JordanAndrew
05-26-2007, 06:24 AM
Ok so I have a little issue here, in the past 2 days I've noticed that when I would start my car I'd see the little light indicating that my trunk lid is open. Sure enough it is open but nothing is missing in the car.

Now my question is, is it easy for car thieves to get into my 1997 Prelude through the trunk? My car is dusty and I saw hand prints but that's it, no scratch or anything. I'm just concerned as I've got subs going in there. They can also easily access the inside of my car through the trunk. I've also got a pretty decent car alarm installed (compustar) and when I tested if my alarm would go off if I open the trunk lid it actually triggered the alarm and my remote as well. I'm just paranoid I guess but anyone with experiences on these would be great. Preferably people who has the same car but other would work just as good. :dunno:

TBear 2
05-27-2007, 10:48 AM
I have to say, breaking into a 5th gen prelude is pretty hard!!! Speaking from experience so...

I was in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone signal, and nothing for a camping trip...well my best friend took my keys
(since I just always lock the doors no matter what) and went to get something in the trunk, and ended up locking the keys in the trunk...so between 5 of us, with trying to unlock the doors and what not, it took us about 2 hours to finally get in....

So with the people I was with there, it shouldn't of taken them that long....

so long story short, i wouldn't really worry too much about it, and especially that you got a alarm...

Schwa
05-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Check if those handprints are yours? :poosie:

JordanAndrew
05-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by TBear 2
I have to say, breaking into a 5th gen prelude is pretty hard!!! Speaking from experience so...

I was in the middle of nowhere with no cell phone signal, and nothing for a camping trip...well my best friend took my keys
(since I just always lock the doors no matter what) and went to get something in the trunk, and ended up locking the keys in the trunk...so between 5 of us, with trying to unlock the doors and what not, it took us about 2 hours to finally get in....

So with the people I was with there, it shouldn't of taken them that long....

so long story short, i wouldn't really worry too much about it, and especially that you got a alarm...

How did you get in? What did you guys do?

JordanAndrew
05-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Schwa
Check if those handprints are yours? :poosie:

haha I'm 100% positive they aren't mine, I never touched the trunk until I noticed the handprints.

TBear 2
05-31-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew

How did you get in? What did you guys do?

well after 3 hours, we ended up going thru the trunk but we had to move the lock mechanism to get into it...

So for all the trouble that it is to break into it, they will mostly just give up...