PDA

View Full Version : detailing and rust

kongaj
05-27-2007, 01:40 AM
Okay three questions I thought I would combine into one.

First question is this. I am buying a car and would like to get the car cleaned throughly. Mainly the interior. I could do it myself but want under the seats cleaned out and washed. Are there any businesses in Calgary that do this, and do a good job. Also any experience with them and what the approximate cost is?

Second question is on both of the back fenders there is a little rust starting to form. I want to nip this in the but before it gets to out of control. Any ways of doing this on my own (website walkthrough) or what buisinesses do this and how much it would cost.

Third question is I would mind a quick respray of paint to touch up the car. Same colour. Any shops do that in the city? Also any experience with them and what the approximate cost is?

Thanx for any help you offer. Its much appreciated.

thrasher22
05-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Rent a steam cleaner for the interior, its not that expensive and does a wicked job. A professional detailing shop will charge 100+ to do it, a standard detailing package even at big bucket is over $200...

The only way to fix rust is to grind it off, get a sanding bit and a power drill/dremel and tear the shit off or cut the metal off and weld something new in place (if you're more talented than me).
If you just grind it off, be sure to spray it with some rust proofer before you repaint the area or you'll have a much worse problem in a year.

Team_Mclaren
05-27-2007, 04:45 AM
1. you could get a detailing place to do it, just ask if you can have JUST under the seats clean and how much would that be... I dont see why you cant do it on your own tho

2/3. thats what a body shop is for, and its not going to be cheap. There are a few ways to go for rust removal, depends on how much you want to pay.

sneek
05-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by thrasher22
Rent a steam cleaner for the interior, its not that expensive and does a wicked job. A professional detailing shop will charge 100+ to do it, a standard detailing package even at big bucket is over $200...

The only way to fix rust is to grind it off, get a sanding bit and a power drill/dremel and tear the shit off or cut the metal off and weld something new in place (if you're more talented than me).
If you just grind it off, be sure to spray it with some rust proofer before you repaint the area or you'll have a much worse problem in a year.

NO! Take it anywhere but big bucket! I have never seen worse detailing work in my life.

Give Jed a ring. He has many very satisfied customers on here. You can also google Mobile Reflections.

kongaj
05-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Ill try to clean it out as best I can, and if needed ill go to that Mobile Reflections. They look like the do excellent jobs.
Thanx for the info :)