PDA

View Full Version : Hwy #2

Focus
06-13-2003, 05:16 PM
Has anyone ever noticed how bad the roads are north bound Hwy #2 near Airdrie? Man the right lane is just crap!! :banghead:

I wonder if they are going to get fixed this year (just in time for the snow) :nut:

Abom
06-13-2003, 05:40 PM
Nope, they aren't going to fix our roads anytime soon. Wait in 5 years, perhaps half the asphalt will still be there!!

It's funny though. A road like the Deerfoot would have been closed by the government in any western European country by now due to safety reasons, and fully re-paved.

Maxt
06-13-2003, 07:28 PM
Thats what your gas taxes pay for...snicker snicker....:)...Maxt

darknight
06-13-2003, 09:15 PM
No kidding, there are so many bad areas on HWY 2 north of town. I drive that road every day and I can't believe how bad it is. I also can't believe how so many people do like 140 on it and theres hardly any cops on it. I do 125-130 with no problems and thats driving it about 20 days or more out of the month for the last year. It's funny, I'm in B.C alot and I can't believe how great there roads are, they seem to always be paving the Trans Canada, and are always do major road imporvments. This is a province that is still in debt big time. Then theres Alberta with the smallest debt out of all the provinces and to get them to pave a road is almost arm breaking it seems. I don't get it. I guess thats how a province is able to pay off debt so fast, by being cheap. HAHA.

Orrin

Redlyne_mr2
06-13-2003, 09:19 PM
Come to Ontario the roads are absolutely trash, no shoulders, theyre all chopped up and they use glass in the ashphalt so when its dark and it rains you cant see anything but glare

Focus
06-13-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by darknight
No kidding, there are so many bad areas on HWY 2 north of town. I drive that road every day and I can't believe how bad it is. I also can't believe how so many people do like 140 on it and theres hardly any cops on it. I do 125-130 with no problems and thats driving it about 20 days or more out of the month for the last year. It's funny, I'm in B.C alot and I can't believe how great there roads are, they seem to always be paving the Trans Canada, and are always do major road imporvments. This is a province that is still in debt big time. Then theres Alberta with the smallest debt out of all the provinces and to get them to pave a road is almost arm breaking it seems. I don't get it. I guess thats how a province is able to pay off debt so fast, by being cheap. HAHA.

Orrin

either that, or it is to give themselves a big fat raise every year!! YAY RALPH KLEIN!! :guns: :nut:

tegdream
06-13-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Come to Ontario the roads are absolutely trash, no shoulders, theyre all chopped up and they use glass in the ashphalt so when its dark and it rains you cant see anything but glare

:werd: i was in toronto last week and us calgary ppl have no reason to complian...its like ass out there...potholes on very main roads..huge ones..its garbage

Seanith
06-13-2003, 11:51 PM
crowchild is my biggest beef right now. i know they are working on it, but the parts with the drops and shit are just horrible. i gotta go like 30km/hr at these parts. my car is lowered with a blown shock and its unbearable. i need my new shocks... oh and the visible man holes holy shit! :thumbsdow