PDA

View Full Version : Calgary BMW is a f*** joke.

mystice46
05-27-2007, 08:24 PM
So, I was supposed to pickup my '04 X5 last Saturday (2th). When I signed the papers over 3 weeks ago, I pointed out some minor things that needed to be done on the vehicle before I pick it up.
So I go there on Saturday to findout that none of what needed to be was done and the vehicle was not even detailed (eventhough they claimed that the car returned from detailing just yesterday).
It was filthy inside and out, the wheels had so much break dust on them and dash board and seats still had dust from the vehicle been in the outside lot.
What's hillarious is the excuse they gave me for not geting done anything. The used car sales manager says that they sell 100+ cars a month and they didn't have time.
I refused to take deliver of the vehicle and I told him to call me when he has got all the work done and at that time I will decide whether the deal is on or off.
I have been driving BMWs for the past 7+ years and I have never ever received such bad service from any dealership ever.
Best is yet to come.....
I was driving on 52nd on Thursday and I got pulled over by an officer in an unmarked car. When I presented my registration he comes back and tells me that the plate was not registered for this car, but for ab X5. Right then and there I knew what has happened. Idiots at Calgary BMW had switched my registration 3 days ahead of the day I pickup my X5. To my luck I had the bill of sale for the X5 with me, so I was able to prove to the officer that I indeed did buy an X5 and the VIN number matches what is in the registration.
So that is my experience with Calgary BMW. They are a disgrace to the BMW brand !!

Kaos
05-27-2007, 08:32 PM
I've never had a problem with them ever since I owned a BMW.
Looks like you were just one of the few.
Did you at least vent how you felt about everything, so that they can do something else for you.
Perhaps extended warranty or a year free of oil changes?

mystice46
05-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Well then take a look at this :
http://www.geocities.com/anticalgarybmw/MSIE/

Btw, I told them they can't buy me with an oil change or a tank of gas. :)

cleancivic
05-27-2007, 09:10 PM
that happend to me at subaru calgary....
they went and did the mech. the day of pick...
and what do you know...it need brakes and 180 hail damage dents!!!
but they hooked me up with a loaner car for 4 days and they fixed all the dents:D:D

JordanLotoski
05-27-2007, 09:36 PM
I love dealing with Calgary BMW, they treat me like a king everytime iam in there.

Rx7
05-27-2007, 09:43 PM
wtf? they switch ur registration over for u? how? dont u have to show ur drivers license and insurance

mystice46
05-27-2007, 09:48 PM
When a dealership does it they already have a copy of my DL and insurance papers faxed to them. So they only have to use a little common sense and make it effective the day of the pickup .

bspot
05-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Wow, when my car came in (I had been waiting for months) my sales guy from GSL called and told me it was there, but since it was a Friday afternoon it wouldn't be ready until Monday because they wanted to detail it. I asked if I could check it out and showed up there at 3pm. When I got there I got the itch real bad so I asked if I could sign the papers and take it home dirty and wash it myself. He told me sure, and tossed me the keys to an STS to go get registration. I come back, sign the papers (the place is closing at 5) and we finish up just after 5. Come out, and the car is fully detailed. Keep in mind this is AFTER the sale was already done, and they didn't even have to do it. Brutal you got jerked around like that. I'd try buy the same thing but somewhere else just on principle.

interlude
05-27-2007, 10:38 PM
what was the managers name?

mystice46
05-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Dave .... something.

shakalaka
05-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Word. I have never had a problem there either. We've bought couple of 3 series, x5 and a 7 series from them over the past years, and never had a problem. We usually deal with the guy called Harry Stamnis, not sure about spelling of his last name.

But he is like the best guy to deal with over there. He is pretty old though, so I am not sure if he is still working there or not, but if he is, he is the guy you should be dealing with.

IntegraG2
05-28-2007, 12:07 AM
deleted by user...

Kaos
05-28-2007, 01:29 AM
^^ I dont want to get my car detailed by you guys anymore.
Anyhow, My car is going to you guys this week for an alignment.
I want only you to drive it. :thumbsup:

jdmXSI
05-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Any stories i have heard from Calgary BMW have either been really good or really bad. I'm not too sure if there would be a differnce in customer service between Calgary BMW and BMW Gallery, considering they are owned by the same guy.

nos_efx
05-28-2007, 10:26 AM
:thumbsup: for Harry - We've gotten 3 from him

Originally posted by shakalaka
Word. I have never had a problem there either. We've bought couple of 3 series, x5 and a 7 series from them over the past years, and never had a problem. We usually deal with the guy called Harry Stamnis, not sure about spelling of his last name.

But he is like the best guy to deal with over there. He is pretty old though, so I am not sure if he is still working there or not, but if he is, he is the guy you should be dealing with.

interlude
05-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Kevin Mah at Calgary BMW is by far the best. Everytime I deal with him has been awesome!

Next time just ask for Kevin. I believe he is the assistant service manager.

2m0a0x2
05-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by nos_efx
:thumbsup: for Harry - We've gotten 3 from him

Yeah, Harry's a great salesman, a true BMW enthusiast.

De Dutch
05-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by interlude
Kevin Mah at Calgary BMW is by far the best. Everytime I deal with him has been awesome!

Next time just ask for Kevin. I believe he is the Service Manager, or the assistant service manager.

Kevin is the man, but he is only service. Dave is a shit pipe, he is the only manager Ive had problems with. If you are really steamed you should make your feelings be know to Grant Kiel, the GM of Calgary BMW.

2m0a0x2
05-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Grant's now the GM? He was new car sales manager before wasn't he?

shakalaka
05-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by 2m0a0x2

Yeah, Harry's a great salesman, a true BMW enthusiast.

Deffinately. I remember a while back I ran into him elsewhere other than the shop and he was chillin in his M3 with the top down. The guys' hilarious. It was a while back though, dunno if he still owns that car or not.

IntegraG2
05-28-2007, 03:52 PM
Deleted by user...

gkAeris
05-28-2007, 04:10 PM
i have to agree actually...

i brought a new bmw from them and when i picked it up, it wasn't detailed at all inside, there were like foot prints and grease everywhere.

i called them and told them where it was dirty and dropped it off (with an appointment 2 weeks later because they were that busy), i picked it up the next day and it was literally a half ass job. They didn't bother to clean the outside of the car again, and the job they did on the inside was literally everything i pointed out and nothing more.....

i got better service with my RSX at ACURA.......

mystice46
05-28-2007, 06:26 PM
That's exactly why I said that both Calgary BMW and BMW gallery are a disgrace to the BMW product line. I already wrote to BMW AG Germany and BMW Canada about them. Don't know if they will do something about my complaint.
I went there at lunch time today again. Daves' attitude was if you don't want it you can walk away. I'd have done it if it wasn't for the hassell of undoing my insurance and everything.
I know Kevin, I made a complaint to BMW Canada about bad service I received when I took my E46 there, and they I think told these guys to smarten up or else.... From that day on Kevin takes care of things for me properly.
I have already spoken to Grant about this issue. He gave his word to me that everything will be done to my satisfaction. I will findout when I pick my X5 up and then I will decide to continue my war with them or not.
These guys even delivered my frinds brand new 335i with some parts missing inside the car. When he called them back he was asked to wait in the line for a month to get it done because they are backed up. He was so pissed he drove there and threw the key at Grant and asked him to either return his money or fix everything before the end of the day. He got it fixed :)

De Dutch
05-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by mystice46
That's exactly why I said that both Calgary BMW and BMW gallery are a disgrace to the BMW product line. I already wrote to BMW AG Germany and BMW Canada about them. Don't know if they will do something about my complaint.
I went there at lunch time today again. Daves' attitude was if you don't want it you can walk away. I'd have done it if it wasn't for the hassell of undoing my insurance and everything.
I know Kevin, I made a complaint to BMW Canada about bad service I received when I took my E46 there, and they I think told these guys to smarten up or else.... From that day on Kevin takes care of things for me properly.
I have already spoken to Grant about this issue. He gave his word to me that everything will be done to my satisfaction. I will findout when I pick my X5 up and then I will decide to continue my war with them or not.
These guys even delivered my frinds brand new 335i with some parts missing inside the car. When he called them back he was asked to wait in the line for a month to get it done because they are backed up. He was so pissed he drove there and threw the key at Grant and asked him to either return his money or fix everything before the end of the day. He got it fixed :)

Hope things work out for you!

Hemi RT
05-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Well if you don't like the service and feel like you may have got a lemon, do what I did once in Regina. Bought a new car and just about everything inside started to fall off, kept taking it back to the dealer and they kept trying to glue everything back on rather than replacing it. I was so pissed off I had bright yellow lemons made with 'Purchased From ________ (Dealer Name)' printed right under the lemons. It only took 2 days of me driving this car around Regina when the Owner and the General Manager showed up on my door. They wanted to know everything that was wrong with the car, Wrote it down and even wanted me to show them. They then offered me a new car to use and wanted my car to get everything done. The told me to use this car as if it was mine and even gave me one of their credit cards for the gas.

They told me they would check everything over after each repair to make sure it was fixed properly and said they wouldn't phone me until everything was fixed and if I thought of anything else to phone one of them to let them know. WELL THEY HAD THE CAR FOR 10 DAYS, PHONED ME THAT IT WAS DONE; i WENT DOWN TO PICK IT UP - MY CAR WAS TOTALLY DETAILED, looked like a million dollars. We then went through everything on the list and everything was repaired/replaced properly and an assurance that if anything else cropped up it would be repaired/replaced to mt satisfaction and if my car had to stay over night I would be supplied with a vehicle at no charge. The funny thing is when I went back to have the car just serviced the service manager was gone, a service adviser was now service manager and everyone seemed a lot happier.

Try the lemons and see what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TomcoPDR
05-28-2007, 11:25 PM
[i]Try the lemons and see what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/B]

Pics plz. :D

Maybe I should do that when fixing someone's dents, just put a huge lemon decal over the dent, hoping the customer wouldn't notice, free stickers FTW.

FiveFreshFish
05-28-2007, 11:40 PM

Yup, Harry Stammis. I first met him in '97.

takemtochurch
05-30-2007, 12:32 AM
i went there because my hood cable that i bought 2 months ago snapped (FUCK i hate changing the damn thing). and they wouldnt even warrenty it!!!! so i had to buy a new one :whipped:

i also met harry today hes a great guy and a true enthusiast. he showed me a picture of his old e36 m3 when he used to track it

interlude
06-01-2007, 01:44 PM

Next time just ask for Kevin. I believe he is the assistant service manager.

Forgot to mention my buddy Anthony, hes one of the most helpful and friendly car salesmen there!

Even though I didnt buy my bmw from their dealership, he treats me like a customer of his own!

Props to both Anthony and Kevin :thumbsup:

j0nblayz
06-01-2007, 02:30 PM
i have to say kevin mah is a great guy too, he is always helpful, and really happy guy. Also nick was probably the most helpful guy in the parts department, since i usually did all my work i usually dealt with nick for opinions and thoughts on stuff i was working on. Nick would always help me out, even checked out few issues on my car with me and gave me some pointers. But nick is no longer there anymore, and the service is not as good , much harder to ask for help on parts or opinions. One guy required my vin number to check for a gasket, i would thought telling him its a 94 325i would be enough info. Said next time i call, i should have my vin number handy.. heh

Lex350
06-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Dealing with the people at Calgary BMW is the reason I didn't buy one. They barely gave me the time of day...wouldn't let me test drive one...(on a Saturday) and acted like complete a -holes.

If I was to give them one excuse it might be because I was in a T shirt and shorts but I really don't buy that. The Infinity dealer I saw that day didn't seem to care.

The problem is that once you are put off, it takes so much more to bring a potential client around again.

JamesV888
06-01-2007, 03:13 PM
you guys think that was bad. My friend had an aftermarket steering wheel and he ask them to see if they can make the horn work. he was just in for an oil change.

The bill comes to $1200.00 without the oil change. The horn wasn't even looked at and they charge him $1200.00

He got so pissed, went back and argue with them. Then they finally charge him something like $400.00 altogether.

so I joke about it and say maybe thats the price of owning a Bmer?

bg_27
06-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by JamesV888
so I joke about it and say maybe thats the price of owning a Bmer? [/B]

Yep, the price for owning a BMW, just like it costs $250 for an oil change in a porsche or over $1000 for oil change in a ferrari.

Whoever thinks a BMW would be as cheap as a japanese car for repairs (at the dealership) is smoking crack.

Kaos
06-01-2007, 09:35 PM

Forgot to mention my buddy Anthony, hes one of the most helpful and friendly car salesmen there!

Even though I didnt buy my bmw from their dealership, he treats me like a customer of his own!

Props to both Anthony and Kevin :thumbsup:

Good ol' Anthony.
That motherfucker conned me into buying the 4.8is hahaha
There is always a bad apple in every stealership.
I'm not surprised one out of XXXXXXXXXX amount of people that deal with Calgary BMW, is complaining about the service they received. Nobody is perfect.

me&you
06-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Dave .... something.

Dave Young; fantastic guy.

De Dutch
06-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by me&you

Dave Young; fantastic guy.

Yeah Anthony sold me my car, great guy. I worked there when I was 16 and Anthony was still just a lot attendant. He kinda looks like Vin Diesel hahahaha.

tictactoe2004
06-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by De Dutch

Yeah Anthony sold me my car, great guy. I worked there when I was 16 and Anthony was still just a lot attendant. He kinda looks like Vin Diesel hahahaha.

Dave Young can suck my balls. Big douche.

lol, he's the younger guy that shaves his head? he's been there for a while? that guys a joke.. i went there looking at a 2 year old 3 series that they "just got in" he was telling me it was in mint mint condition and never smoked in... from the passenger door to the back of the car it was all dented and scratched up... butts were falling out of the ashtray because it was overloaded.. total liar... but what do you expect from a used car salesman.

denbert
06-18-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm looking at getting Used BMW from them is there anyone there I should talk too?

06-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Calgary BMW is an awful business. I've found most european dealerships in Calgary to be brutal.

mystice46
06-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Talk to "Neil" the new car sales manager. He is one person there that has some kind of sense. Great guy.

Dayclone
07-04-2007, 08:44 AM
My Uncle just bought two BMW's and didn't have a problem at all! and he even talked to Neil. All I can say is it was great!

B17a
07-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Talk to "Neil" the new car sales manager. He is one person there that has some kind of sense. Great guy.

:werd: :werd: He's a real professional. Unlike most car dealerships they not only acknowledged my wife in all discussions but involved her as well given she is also owning the vehicle. That was huge for me and even more for her. Most car sales guys don't even acknowledge the spouse.

sois
07-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi all, it is a pitty that the Calgary locations are owned and ran by such a douche bag villain but Edmonton thankfully is saving BMW Alberta.

I feel sorry for the sales people here in Calgary - most of them are great people but their hands are tied... the service horror stories and antics that I have had first hand and heard about second hand are enough to make me puke. The level that the two dealerships in town sink to are beyond contempt. It is worth the drive to Edmonton for me to avoid even going near the dealerships here in town.

Everything from changing owners phone numbers on their accounts so that when BMW NA phones they can give a stellar review (ever wonder by BMW never calls to ask how your service went, particularly when it has been shit!), brake jobs and other work long before necessary or charging and not even performing the work, failing to honor or delaying warranty issues, shoddy workmanship, dishonest practices and outright lying to customers... it is unbelievable.

A colleague of mine is putting together a class action suit against them so if anyone has any problems that are documented let me know.

Have a great summer!

sois
07-14-2007, 07:43 PM

Your experience is biased.... it wasn't until my friend bought a 7 series a few years back that they started to acknowledge him. Then he saw the light and tracked back how much they had been sticking it to him over the years. If you are a 3 or 5 buyer... they don't give two shits.

Thieves

sois
07-14-2007, 07:52 PM
http://www.geocities.com/anticalgarybmw/MSIE/

B17a
07-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by sois

(ever wonder by BMW never calls to ask how your service went, particularly when it has been shit!), !

Maybe they think I'm king shit there but I got a call plus when I had even the most minor problem (brake light coming on 2 weeks after pick up) they got me in the day I called.:drama:

Hakkola
07-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by B17a

Maybe they think I'm king shit there but I got a call plus when I had even the most minor problem (brake light coming on 2 weeks after pick up) they got me in the day I called.:drama:

That is probably why you got a call, they knew you were happy, so why change the number?

Has anyone here recieved a call after bad service?

G
07-17-2007, 01:23 PM
I have a lowly 3 series but I never got bad service?

Maybe it's because most BMW owners are stuck up assholes that think that just because they drive a BMW their shit doesn't stink. Treat people the way you want to be treated.

Originally posted by sois

Your experience is biased.... it wasn't until my friend bought a 7 series a few years back that they started to acknowledge him. Then he saw the light and tracked back how much they had been sticking it to him over the years. If you are a 3 or 5 buyer... they don't give two shits.

Thieves

De Dutch
07-17-2007, 02:18 PM
Like I mentioned previous, I have had nothing but good experiences thus far. It may be hit or miss, or like someone touched on above, maybe some BMW owners expect too much because of the higher end reputation the BMW name carries, although many of the stories here dont SEEM to be related to unreasonable expectations.

rage2
07-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by G
most BMW owners are stuck assholes
haha that is so true. That's the shitty thing about driving a BMW, I'm grouped in with all the other BMW douchebags out on the road haha.

SunniSunShine
07-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by rage2

haha that is so true. That's the shitty thing about driving a BMW, I'm grouped in with all the other BMW douchebags out on the road haha.

no, its because you're an asshole

beyond's official :bigpimp:

G
07-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by rage2

9 out 10 times I wave to a fellow S2K owner I get a wave back but wave to a BMW owner and I get that fucking nose up in the air look and most of the time they are driving 325s....assholes.

me&you
07-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by G

9 out 10 times I wave to a fellow S2K owner I get a wave back but wave to a BMW owner and I get that fucking nose up in the air look and most of the time they are driving 325s....assholes.

9/10 I get waves back from other Porsche drivers, though it seems that the Boxster guys might have an inferiority complex.

Maybe it's because there are just so many BMWs on the road, it's just too hard to wave to everyone. Or maybe enough owners have found their fellow BMW drivers to be assholes and just gave up.

mischief
07-24-2007, 01:50 PM
I hate going into the Calgary BMW dealership, their sales service is a joke. I went there after a softball game once and no one would give me the time of day. Was there for about 10 minutes and most of the salesman were standing at the receptionist desk chatting up a storm. Unless you look like you are the typical 45 year old oil man showing up in that place, they won't help you.

BMW Gallery although owned by the same people seems to have a better sales staff. Every time I've gone there I've been helped immediately. Not sure about car service though...

De Dutch
07-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by mischief
I hate going into the Calgary BMW dealership, their sales service is a joke. I went there after a softball game once and no one would give me the time of day. Was there for about 10 minutes and most of the salesman were standing at the receptionist desk chatting up a storm. Unless you look like you are the typical 45 year old oil man showing up in that place, they won't help you.

BMW Gallery although owned by the same people seems to have a better sales staff. Every time I've gone there I've been helped immediately. Not sure about car service though...

When I was looking at cars the same thing happened to me at Mercedes and Infiniti. :dunno:

mischief
07-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by De Dutch

When I was looking at cars the same thing happened to me at Mercedes and Infiniti. :dunno:

What dealership did you go to?

I found that at Hyatt they used to be very bad for it but even when buying the first one at Lone Star I was helped instantly. I think both dealerships have to be pretty god now as they sell Smart Cars as well.

As for Infiniti, it does take awhile to get help and even then I was told I have to "make an appointment" to test drive a car.

De Dutch
07-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by mischief

What dealership did you go to?

I found that at Hyatt they used to be very bad for it but even when buying the first one at Lone Star I was helped instantly. I think both dealerships have to be pretty god now as they sell Smart Cars as well.

As for Infiniti, it does take awhile to get help and even then I was told I have to "make an appointment" to test drive a car.

Calgary Auto Mall for both (so Lone Star and I dont know!?)

johnnybad1
07-27-2007, 09:29 AM
So you're standing in the dealership with your thumb up your ass looking stupid while all these sales jerkoffs are standing around hustling the receptionist...why don't you walk over and shake them up a bit wtf.

mischief
07-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by johnnybad1
So you're standing in the dealership with your thumb up your ass looking stupid while all these sales jerkoffs are standing around hustling the receptionist...why don't you walk over and shake them up a bit wtf.

I'm clearly looking at the cars, you know sitting in the car looking at prices in the show room and what not. None of them come over ask if I need any help/ want to test drive something etc.? They choose to sit at the counter and talk. I'm not going to go over there and ask for there help. If they feel like chatting up on how many cars they have sold rather than try to sell another one, I'm fine with that.. I'll just buy a car elsewhere!

What do you think I should do, "Um, excuse me sir, I was wondering if you could take the time out of your obviously compelling conversation so I can ask a few questions"?

johnnybad1
07-30-2007, 11:07 PM
I know what you're saying...I guess there's a lot of money in this town right now and business is good. Wait till the next time the economy is slow and go in there and jerk those salespeople around and treat them like the dogs they are.

mischief
07-31-2007, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by johnnybad1
I know what you're saying...I guess there's a lot of money in this town right now and business is good. Wait till the next time the economy is slow and go in there and jerk those salespeople around and treat them like the dogs they are.

Ya definitely thats the problem, there is so much money in the city, I'm sure its a lot easier to sell vehicles. Even without new customers these guys can easily make a good living.