PDA

View Full Version : Why is Soloracer banned?

Maxt
06-13-2003, 07:27 PM
Seems my good friend Erik, has had a disagreement with a shop that did some work on his car, and without warning is banned from this forum, which I think is personally a bit much.. Now I understand that this forum is privatly funded and run, but really, what does Erik's shop problems have to do with him on this forum, and geez rage, you couldn't even drop him a note before you pulled the trigger, as I recall Erik got you out of a jam with parts once or twice, and you ban him over a dispute he has with someone else? C'mon....
If thats the way this Forum is run, banning people who have disputes with shops, the advice on this board on where to shop and buy, isn't worth a pinch of salt now is it?? Maxt

rage2
06-13-2003, 07:42 PM
I know nothing about this, but I'll look into it.

rage2
06-13-2003, 07:46 PM
I see no evidence of any posts/disagreements from erik with anyone except that his account was banned. No posts or nothing. I'll look into it to see who banned him. (It wasn't me in case he thinks it was)

We never ban ppl based on shop agreements, even if they're our sponsors.

Maxt
06-13-2003, 08:09 PM
Thats cool, Eriks not a big poster but occassionaly he has a thing to add here or there, but someone decided to yank his chain it seems...Maxt

kenny
06-13-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Maxt
Seems my good friend Erik, has had a disagreement with a shop that did some work on his car, and without warning is banned from this forum, which I think is personally a bit much..

If thats the way this Forum is run, banning people who have disputes with shops, the advice on this board on where to shop and buy, isn't worth a pinch of salt now is it?? Maxt

You should try talking to a moderator or an administrator before making posts like this and jumping to all sorts of crazy conclusions. Nobody is ever banned because they have disputes with shops.

Maxt
06-14-2003, 04:53 AM
And no one just gets banned magically either, Erik has a problem with someone and "bing"...hes banned just like that....I see he is unbanned now, I think one of your moderators went overboard here by the looks of things....Maxt

rage2
06-14-2003, 10:06 AM
Can you PM me the shop he had a problem with? None of the mods have taken responsibility. We've had some accidental bans before, clicking the wrong profile button and banning the person above the target...

GTS Jeff
06-14-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by rage2
We've had some accidental bans before :cough cough::nut:

Redlyne_mr2
06-14-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
:cough cough::nut:
I dont think you were an accident:rofl:

kaput
06-14-2003, 03:01 PM

Maxt
06-15-2003, 10:12 AM
Its no secret who Erik had a disagreement with in the miniscule Calgary world of cars and enthusiasts, and those who need to know already know,I have been walking into stores and shops, and people have come up to me and asked me what its about, and who is right, I have my opinions on that subject which I will provide only if asked for..
But I would still like to know who banned him...Maxt

ZorroAMG
06-15-2003, 11:57 PM
I second GTS-Jeff's coughs....

rx7_turbo2
06-16-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Maxt
Its no secret who Erik had a disagreement with in the miniscule Calgary world of cars and enthusiasts, and those who need to know already know,I have been walking into stores and shops, and people have come up to me and asked me what its about, and who is right, I have my opinions on that subject which I will provide only if asked for..
But I would still like to know who banned him...Maxt

Agreed!

Taloness
06-16-2003, 02:43 PM
I'm glad to see that the oversight of Erik's being banned has been lifted. As an administrator of the Calgary Area DSM forum I understand how accidents can happen, however coincidental.

>>You should try talking to a moderator or an administrator before making posts like this and jumping to all sorts of crazy conclusions. Nobody is ever banned because they have disputes with shops.<<

As the thread has been moved to the suggestion box, I don't think any harm has been done, and Max was merely defending a friend, as any one of us would do for any of our friends.

My $0.02 (because I can).

Paula