PDA

View Full Version : repairing cell phones

boi-alien
07-24-2002, 03:45 PM
hey i was wondering if anyone knew where i can get my phone repaired. the phone works fine it's just the aesthetics basically just a new housing, so my phone can look brand new again. and if u do how much would it cost?

B17a
07-24-2002, 03:50 PM
I think you need to specify what phone you've got. Does anyone know where to get a Motorola Timeport antennae replaced?

boi-alien
07-24-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by B17a
I think you need to specify what phone you've got. Does anyone know where to get a Motorola Timeport antennae replaced?

whoops!! mebbe i shoulda mentioned that, i have a nokia 8890

girlRACER
07-24-2002, 05:27 PM
haha...sorry Renny! The phone was not in such good condition when I gave it to you...but you knew. That's why I sold it for so cheap. Actually I have asked my dad in Hong Kong to change the housing, and he asked around...it costs over $200 to get an entire new housing. A second hand housing costs about $150. You can also buy new housing if you go to the Fido store and ask them. You have to pay per plate of metal which is $40 each (there are 4 of them). The keypad I think costs $75 to replace. Yea, the 8890 is expensive to replace. (unless you know somebody who works for Fido and can get them at cost which is $10 per plate)

Ben
07-24-2002, 05:46 PM
Yep, they absolutely gouge you on factory replacement parts, it is always cheaper going with the fancy aftermarket...

boi-alien
07-24-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
haha...sorry Renny! The phone was not in such good condition when I gave it to you...but you knew. That's why I sold it for so cheap. Actually I have asked my dad in Hong Kong to change the housing, and he asked around...it costs over $200 to get an entire new housing. A second hand housing costs about $150. You can also buy new housing if you go to the Fido store and ask them. You have to pay per plate of metal which is $40 each (there are 4 of them). The keypad I think costs $75 to replace. Yea, the 8890 is expensive to replace. (unless you know somebody who works for Fido and can get them at cost which is $10 per plate)

heheh that's coo jackie, i knew how your phone looked, i just wanted it cause it has better reception than my ghey 8390. btw anyone wanna buy it off me?! hehe

HyperPup
07-24-2002, 08:20 PM
hows the condition? Rogers right?

boi-alien
07-24-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by HyperPup
hows the condition? Rogers right?

mint, it's brand spanking new, had it for about a month, no scratches no nothing.

RiceCake
07-24-2002, 10:36 PM
hmm.. I need to fix a Motorolla V8160... grr display is facked :madred: