PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Use Hyperion?

em2ab
05-29-2007, 03:30 PM
I got a phone call from a company saying they want to hire me and train me on it. What exactly is it? I went to the Oracle website but it didn't say exactly what it is or how to use it. I tried to download it and couldn't find it anywhere. What's the deal?

j0nblayz
05-29-2007, 04:53 PM
heres a demo of what hyperion solutions offers.

Hyperion Demo (http://www.hyperion.com/downloads/bpm_demo_606/S9_Demo.html)

black_2.5RS
05-29-2007, 08:46 PM
I think Hyperion has got a few different applications. The one i'm most familiar with is the financial statement consolidation pkg. Basically, people use it to generate financial statements by sucking data from bigass financial apps like SAP. It's a bit easier to work with than SAP and has better reporting capabilities.

em2ab
05-29-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm looking at the demo now but will post this question while it loads.
So is there any high level computer knowledge involved? Or do you just pull reports with the software and do repetitive shit like a monkey day after day? I'm a software developer and don't want to get too far from my job type since I want to stay with development for the future.

AndrewMZ3
05-29-2007, 09:26 PM
It depends on what you are doing with the Hyperion Suite of products. If you're dealing with the backend and building Essbase (a multidimensional database) cubes, you'll be utilizing a lot of analytical skills and extensive SQL.

If you're using their reportings tools, Hyperion Analyzer, Hyperion Reports, Essbase Excel Add-in etc, it will involve some analytics in developing the initial reports/templates, but after that it will likely be more operational.

What company is this with? If it's with a consulting firm, then as a developer I think you would enjoy it as, like I said, it's more analytical. If it's with say an oil and gas firm, you will likely get bored of it after a while.

em2ab
05-29-2007, 09:36 PM
It's with a company called Systel Inc. and it was pretty much a cold call to say they'll hire me and train me. Not sure how they got my resume so it's sketchy and I'm pretty sure they are a consulting firm.