PDA

View Full Version : Constrution company: Looking for people

brucebanner
05-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Company I work for (Multi-Exteriors) is looking for more people to work for us. Looking for anyone who wants to work.

They are a stucco company that do commercial work

I have have been working for them for about the past year or so, and for the most part I have no complants.

Work that you could be doing include:
-Building and tearing down scoffold
-Loading and unloading of trucks (scaffold and/or supplies)
-Some other labour work, providing guys with supplies to plaster
Etc

*Steal toe boots and a hard hat would be required
*Work day starts at 7:30 and ends at 3:30, option to stay longer is always there
*I believe pay starts @ $16 per hour, there is no overtime, it is all straight pay

It is a fairly physical job, there is quite a bit of lifting involved, but while it is summer, the weathers nice and its not that bad being outside all day.

If anyone has any questions or anything feel free to ask, and I will try my best to answer.

If anyone is interested, the guy to talk to would be:
Chad @ 888-3572 (Between 8am-5pm)

adamc
05-29-2007, 07:53 PM
where in the city?

quikkoop
05-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by adamc
where in the city?
Also, age requirement? Ok just to do summer work? Experience required? Thanks!

Kobe
05-29-2007, 08:28 PM
usually stucco is based out of new communities, and it will be all over the city, a car will be required

For the positions he has listed, I do not see that any experience would be required....

Stucco is a seasonal job!

brucebanner
05-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by quikkoop

Also, age requirement? Ok just to do summer work? Experience required? Thanks!

We have a job on Macleod trail (south, down by Kramer Mazda)
There is another job starting on Macleod trial (north, down by Heninger Toyota) Also a job thats 99.9% done on 162nd ave (off of macleod) and a couple other jobs around the city..

Age requirement, as long as you have a SIN number you can work with us , we currently have two 16 year olds that have been with us so age really does not matter. Experience is not needed at all, nothing is really hard that you'll be getting into at first anyway so you will learn as you go.

Kobe, what company do you work for?
We are quite busy ourselves, we are even subbing out some of our work on our jobsites as well, it is that time of the year..

Stucco is seasonal, but we work all year round, heaters work wonders haha

Thanks for the interest guys, keep the questions coming if there are anymore to be asked, i'll be sure to answer anything I can.

Bruce

brucebanner
05-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
we have a ton of contractors aswell.. I work for resovia stucco...

Oh yeah, I havent heard of them, but there are soooo many companies that do this trade its foolish haha

Is it a big company, smaller? I am also going to assume you guys do mostly commercial work as well?

brucebanner
05-30-2007, 07:09 PM
pretty big company, have sub contractors for rock, wire, and scratch, and our crew just does the finish coat.

We usually work in royal oak, cranston or westpoint...
Last year we did a ton of homes in sherwood aswell

You guys do scratch and finish?

What do you do? spread or help?

Thats pretty good then, you guys just do finish? Thats a pretty sweet deal. I do everything paper & wire (just started doing that) build/tear down scaffold, I can scratch and finish if i'm needed but we are pretty good in that department at the moment so I don't get to do that as much.

I am basically a wondering man around the sites I guess, I just go where I am needed or what needs to be done. All I have been doing for the last 3-4 weeks is building scaffold at various sites.

So Kobe are you guys just based out of Calgary, or do you guys have other sections of the company elsewhere?

brucebanner
05-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
yah we just do finish and acrylic, sometimes we will have to do the scratch for the acrylic since the sub-contractors won't do it right....

Just based out of Calgary, they used to go out of town to do homes, but we would rather stick in town now.. Back when i started id always take down and build the scaffold, but i usually just spread now....

I don't mind building and taking down scaffold, its nice for a change, mixing isn't bad once in awhile aswell, just really depends on my mood, if I feel like lifting those 40Kg bags hahaha

How many guys are in your crew?

Yeah, so you guys don't have any waves or anything like that in the walls eh? haha

We have Crews in Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna, and Seattle as well. I don't make to many mixes anymore but once and a while i'll jump in and make one just to show the guys how to throw those bags around haha. I'm starting to get sick of the scaffold thing though, just doing the same thing for a month is too much for me, I like changing it up every other week or so.

So yeah. anyone interested in starting with in our company?

bobby_lu
05-31-2007, 02:31 PM
If theres so many damn stucco companies why cant we get someone to come stucco our new cut window! :banghead:

5hift
05-31-2007, 04:04 PM
probably because they take bigger jobs where they can actually make money

brucebanner
05-31-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

Hit the nail right on the head with that one.

Someone would surely stucco around the window for you (bobby_lu), but I would say you have to get in touch with a residential company..

I could give you a company that may do it if you like

suen17
06-05-2007, 09:24 PM
PM'd

bobby_lu
06-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by 5hift

lol well i know that...just expressing my frustration