PDA

View Full Version : Recall: Complete MoisturePlus Contact Lens Solution

DENZILDON
05-30-2007, 01:05 PM
http://www.fda.gov/consumer/updates/contacts052907.html

Just close the thread if its a repost but I did search and can't find anything.

Just don't want blind drivers going around. :thumbsup:

bspot
05-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Feck. I've got this stuff and have had mad light sensitivity issues lately.

Is there anywhere listing batch numbers or anything so I can check my bottle at home?

DENZILDON
05-30-2007, 01:12 PM
I think you can call the tel no in the link to check.

saiyajin
05-30-2007, 01:13 PM
ya heard about it a couple days ago and was planning to post but i called the number and it seems that its only doing returns for US residents so far

i called the Canadian line and it didnt say shit about giving info for a return package to be sent to be reimbursed so i just brushed it off for now

http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/advmedical11_06.html

also the lot number on my boxes starts with AB and all the ones listed are ZB :dunno:

Canadian line 1-866-492-6019.

US line 1-888-899-9183

i called the US line and gave my information until they got to the point of "please enter your Zip Code" with no option for Postal Code
thats when i said AW fuck its US only hahah

DENZILDON
05-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin
ya heard about it a couple days ago and was planning to post but i called the number and it seems that its only doing returns for US residents so far

i called the Canadian line and it didnt say shit about giving info for a return package to be sent to be reimbursed so i just brushed it off for now

http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/advmedical11_06.html

also the lot number on my boxes starts with AB and all the ones listed are ZB :dunno:

Canadian line 1-866-492-6019.

US line 1-888-899-9183

i called the US line and gave my information until they got to the point of "please enter your Zip Code" with no option for Postal Code
thats when i said AW fuck its US only hahah

Hehehe, but I'll stop using it for now just to be on the safe side. I don't want to take the chance for my eyes to be like :nut: .

ken-gsr
05-30-2007, 01:29 PM
My roommate was talking about that last night. I thought he was just pulling my leg.

/////AMG
05-30-2007, 01:38 PM
I use this shit (bought it from Calgary a few months ago) and up until recently my right eye has been in so much pain, i doubt its got anything to do with this... hopefully.

DENZILDON
05-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by /////AMG
I use this shit (bought it from Calgary a few months ago) and up until recently my right eye has been in so much pain, i doubt its got anything to do with this... hopefully.

This is the bacteria in the solution...

About Acanthamoeba Keratitis
A serious eye infection: The symptoms of Acanthamoeba keratitis can be very similar to those of other more common eye infections and may include eye pain or redness, blurred vision, light sensitivity, sensation of something in the eye or excessive tearing but Acanthamoeba is more difficult to treat. Acanthamoeba keratitis may lead to vision loss with some patients requiring a corneal transplant. The infection primarily affects otherwise healthy people who wear contact lenses.

I would get that eye checked! Hopefully it's not.

reiRei
05-30-2007, 01:47 PM
good thing I recently switched my solution from complete to Solo Care.. I like Solo Care, my eyes feel better:thumbsup:

saiyajin
05-30-2007, 07:03 PM
hmmm if i used it on my contacts should i throw them out or if i get a different solution and rinse my contacts with the new solution it would be ok?? :dunno:

kylemitz
05-30-2007, 07:09 PM
i would think just rinsing out your current ones would be fine, but to be on the safe side i would just change them completely. Thats scary though, i use this crap...

roopi
05-30-2007, 07:11 PM
I use this stuff too.

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/recalls/2007/05/complete_moistureplus_contact.html

Complete MoisturePlus Contact Lens Solution withdrawn from marketplace
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 | 08:09 AM ET
Health Canada is contacting Advanced Medical Optics on Monday to ensure the recall of its Complete MoisturePlus Contact Lens Solution, the federal agency said.

The California-based company said last week it was withdrawing its product from the marketplace as a precautionary measure after the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found a link between the solution and a parasite-caused eye infection called Acanthamoeba keratitis.

The CDC said that as of May 24, 138 patients has said they had symptoms of the infection on or after Jan. 1, 2005. A total of 35 states and Puerto Rico have reported finding Acanthamoeba samples in corneal specimens, the CDC said.

Patients with Acanthamoeba keratitis can suffer vision loss and in some cases will need a corneal transplant. Symptoms include eye pain, redness, blurred vision, light sensitivity, the feeling of having something in the eye and excessive tearing.

Consumers with soft contact lenses are asked to stop using the solution and discard any partially used or full bottles and consult their doctor for an alternative cleaning solution.

saiyajin
05-30-2007, 07:15 PM
why do the US get refunds and we have to DISCARD ours :guns:

Impreza
05-30-2007, 07:20 PM
I have been having really dry eyes, eye pain, sore/red eyes for the longest time and even tried different contact lenses. I guess this is the problem.. hopefully!

FishPoo
05-30-2007, 07:59 PM
I think we get refunds too, well ask the store you bought it from.

London Drugs is giving refunds.

http://www.londondrugs.com/Cultures/en-US/Content/CorporateInfo/SafetyRecall/moisture_plus.htm

Ugh, time to find a new solution.

5hift
05-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by saiyajin
why do the US get refunds and we have to DISCARD ours :guns:

Because of the ability to sue almost anyone for anything in the US

saiyajin
05-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by FishPoo
I think we get refunds too, well ask the store you bought it from.

London Drugs is giving refunds.

http://www.londondrugs.com/Cultures/en-US/Content/CorporateInfo/SafetyRecall/moisture_plus.htm

Ugh, time to find a new solution.

hmm would i need a reciept? cuz i dont gots one

sCream
05-30-2007, 08:57 PM
crap i use this.. bought it at costco, used one whole bottle already (came with 2)

Phuqu
05-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the info.

I've had a slight problem with my eyes/contacts lately. I just opened up a bottle of this crap lately too.

It seems like it happens after I wear my contacts for the day.

Time to book an eye exam just to be safe and stop using MoisturePlus.

saiyajin
05-30-2007, 09:26 PM
well i've been using AMO since i first got contacts and have never used anything else :banghead:
i actually have a full bottle and an extra box (came with 2 bottles) so i have like 3 bottles unopened hah

turns out AMO actually had a recall last year as well although not same bottles so... i guess im screwed hahah

http://www.drugstore.com/qxc15992_333181_sespider/amo_recall___november_21_2006/amo_recall___november_21_2006.htm

oh well .. i just got back from Superstore, bought some SoloCare Aqua i hope they're good might switch to Opti-Free if they suck hah

DENZILDON
05-31-2007, 08:02 AM
I went to the clinic where I got the solution yesterday. They are exchanging the opened and unopened COMPLETE Solution for another brand. I picked Solo Care. So I guess you guys could bring the crap stuff for an exchange now.

/////AMG
05-31-2007, 10:20 AM
:( wish they would do that here

reiRei
05-31-2007, 10:25 AM
Don't forget to discard your lens cases too, they could be contaminated...

sCream
05-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Called costco, they said they are taking returns.

roopi
05-31-2007, 05:54 PM
Anyone know if a receipt is needed yet?

saiyajin
05-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by roopi
Anyone know if a receipt is needed yet?

:werd: i dont keep my reciept cuz didnt think i would need it... if they are doing returns without them it would be nice to know :confused:

sCream
05-31-2007, 10:29 PM
i went to costco today without a receipt and only one of the two bottles. They gave me a credit for the full amount and i bought some Opti-free

saiyajin
05-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by sCream
i went to costco today without a receipt and only one of the two bottles. They gave me a credit for the full amount and i bought some Opti-free

sweet guess im off to costco tomorrow :thumbsup:

sl888
06-01-2007, 04:39 AM
Haven't touched my bottles in a long time since I don't take out my contacts anyways. That's probably worse than using the solution.

/////AMG
06-01-2007, 04:56 AM
I have 5 unused bottles, just threw out my contacts with case.

Got my new monthly contacts in with different solution. Damn you Amo!!!

Zephyr
06-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Funny, I got into an argument with the miss about this...guess I was right. HA! Never using renu.

finboy
06-01-2007, 02:35 PM
there was a story on global today, some 21 year old is now blind in one eye from an infection she got from the fluid. her eye is hazed over badly, needless to say she is trying to get money out of them

kenny
07-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Just thought I'd bump this thread. I read about this thread when it was first posted and stopped using my Complete contact solution but I finally got the recall notice from my optometrist today asking me to bring in my used and unused bottles for exchange.

No receipt necessary. :thumbsup: Luckily I didn't throw it out yet :P

SCHIDER23
07-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Damn no wonder my eyes have been killing me I though it was because of the heat :( I have a few bottles of this shit as well :(

Indie Dudette
07-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Just got infected with something that was mentioned in the link ... :cry:

And ive been using this solution since march.

eyes are all red and dryyyy

The doc have me Aqua Clear to clean the lens now... so far so good!

TeamBestBud
07-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Indie Dudette
Just got infected with something... :cry:

Quoted.