PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with inspection

Stallion_Racing
05-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Hi all,

I bought a 89 Ford Probe GT and need to get an insurance inspection done on it. Now my question is, where is a good place to take it where they are not fussy or picky. I just put new pads on it, the tires are ok, but I am putting new ones on shortly and there is a small crack on the lower part of the windshield about 2 inches in length, and a small leak in the exhaust that will be fixed in a day or so. Other then that the car is in good shape and works fine.

I am new to Calgary so I am not sure where to take it for the inspection.

Any help would be awesome

Thanks

Annoyingrob
06-01-2007, 05:43 AM
What part of the city do you live in?

I would suggest just taking it to a Petro Canada station. They're usually not too pickey. I mean, I had my fuel injectors connected with aligator clips and it passed.

Stallion_Racing
06-01-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm in the SW part of the city but am willing to go whereever. The only other thing I discovered last night while looking underneath the car was that the rockers on both sides near the back are rusted but only through the outer layer of metal and not into the floor yet. Are they fussy up here about stuff like that?

Annoyingrob
06-01-2007, 12:49 PM
I don't think they're too fussy about rust.

Stallion_Racing
06-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Cool, thanks for the help

Team_Mclaren
06-01-2007, 12:51 PM
the hardest thing its gonna be the windshield imo. insurance inspections are usually pretty easy tho. As far as i have experienced

Stallion_Racing
06-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Yeah that's what I've read, I was looking at the windshield and it doesn't even look like a crack but looks like 2 stone chips that were fixed and there's like a line between them, almost looks like a stringy piece of glue or something.