PDA

View Full Version : private golf lessons

93mr2gt
05-31-2007, 04:39 PM
has anyone taken any private golf lessons at golf town before? I am considering the 10 lessons package, any feedbacks?

Impreza
05-31-2007, 04:55 PM
Haven't taken the lessons at Golf Town, but I highly recommend lessons. Good form is essential in golf. Too often do you see people at the range or on the course swinging way too hard.

B18C
05-31-2007, 06:37 PM
I took their "winter warm up" package in march. It was good. All on the simulator which makes it pretty much useless for improving your short game but for improving your swing, I thought it was good. They burn all your lessons onto DVD for you which is nice. I've only looked at a couple of the lessons of dvd and they are helpful.

I would try to get longer lessons though. I think I had 8 30 min lessons. I would have preferred 45min or even 1hr lessons. Time goes by fast.

legereandrew4
05-31-2007, 06:56 PM
how much do these cost?

Ajay
05-31-2007, 08:49 PM
I dunno if I would do the lessons at Golf Town. Sure they have state of the art simulators that show your launch angle, club head speed, body position...etc.

If I was too do lessons I would go to a range or a course and get lessons by one of the club professionals. That way you see what actually happens with your ball flight. More realistic in my opinion.

93mr2gt
06-03-2007, 04:33 PM
i was looking at the 10 lessons, 45mins each..and it was only 400 something...find it pretty cheap...and ya..i am getting a actual instructor, dont think it will be the simulator

93mr2gt
06-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Bob Davidchuk is his name...and it is $477 for 10 lessons..i just checked

kylemitz
06-03-2007, 05:32 PM
i dont know if your willing to take an actual instructor, but "Warren" at the Strathmore Golf Course is absolutely amazing. He can show you just little things that help your swing pretty much instantly. After spending about 2 lessons with him i was hitting all my irons straight and long, and with an effortless swing.

Highly recommended!!!

B18C
06-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by 93mr2gt
Bob Davidchuk is his name...and it is $477 for 10 lessons..i just checked

That's who i had. It's at the new Beacon Hill Golftown right? $50 a lesson isn't bad. I do agree that in the summer it would probably be better to get lessons on a driving range. Preferrably one that lets you hit off grass. The simulators are nice but it's just not the same as the real thing.

93mr2gt
06-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by B18C

That's who i had. It's at the new Beacon Hill Golftown right? $50 a lesson isn't bad. I do agree that in the summer it would probably be better to get lessons on a driving range. Preferrably one that lets you hit off grass. The simulators are nice but it's just not the same as the real thing.

thats very true...i wanna actually see for myself how much i improve after every lesson....see the actual ball kind of thing...

93mr2gt
06-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by kylemitz
i dont know if your willing to take an actual instructor, but "Warren" at the Strathmore Golf Course is absolutely amazing. He can show you just little things that help your swing pretty much instantly. After spending about 2 lessons with him i was hitting all my irons straight and long, and with an effortless swing.

Highly recommended!!!

how much does he charge...going all the way out to strathmore for every lesson is kind of a hassle though...but ya..if hes really that good, i wouldnt mind trying

CaptainReboot
06-14-2007, 08:19 AM
I did a semi-private lesson with in a group of 5 for about $180 for 5 lessons.

It was with Jim Williams through the National Golf Academy. We did it at confederation and McCall.

It was great. I have improved so much. Right away my form, grip was wrong. You notice the difference after each lesson. It is definately better at a golf course, especially when you do your lessons on chipping and putting. I don't know how they would do that at Golf Town. Plus there is wind, so you know how to account for that and stuff.

:thumbsup:

B18C
06-14-2007, 11:44 PM
For chipping and putting the simulators don't work very well at all. For everything else I thought golftown was really good. It's nice that you get all the stats for every shot you take on the simulator like launch angle, carry, roll, etc. It's really convenient. Plus they should be pretty cheap here in the summer.

20incheyes
06-15-2007, 02:59 PM
One of the best pros in our city is Tommy at River Spirit golf course. He lets you keep the swing you've built with minor tweaks. He dosen't instruct like 99% of pros in the past, all technical. I believe it's $40 for a half hour lesson, it'll do you good.