PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best Mosquito Repellent?

Deetz
05-31-2007, 05:46 PM
Those bugs are driving me nuts this year. Are some really better than others? Looking for opinions, thanks :thumbsup:

tenth
05-31-2007, 05:47 PM
the percentage of DEET is really all that matters. higher percentages will last longer...

dj_rice
05-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Smoking a cigarette :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Supa Dexta
05-31-2007, 06:12 PM
Always used muskol around the farm:

http://www.muskol.com/frameset/

Ironically enough, your name is deetz. .ha.. Deet's the shit ya need...

shynepho
05-31-2007, 06:18 PM
i use OFF! Active..works great for about 5hrs

Ogpogo
05-31-2007, 06:23 PM
I use a flame-thrower.

alloroc
05-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Funny how someone with the name DEETz is asking about Mosquito repellents.

Go for the one with the most DEET Deetz.

It'll get better near Stampede Week .. it seems the city always ramps up the spraying around that time to keep the tourists happy.

TeamBestBud
05-31-2007, 09:31 PM
OFF, Deep Woods edition haha:thumbsup:

shakalaka
05-31-2007, 09:51 PM
Where can I go buy a spray that I can use on meself before going to a mosquity prone region?

Lo)2enz0
05-31-2007, 10:10 PM
shoot them with brake cleaner

GTS Jeff
05-31-2007, 11:00 PM
I wouldn't overdo it with the DEET unless you want cancer really badly.

01RedDX
05-31-2007, 11:21 PM

dropdat
05-31-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

i find if you smoke stuff, the mosquitoes will just wanna hang

i beg to differ, everytime im getting eaten alive i start smoking and they seem to go away....or maybe it's just that sweet nicotine making me so relaxed i dont notice them lol

YCB
05-31-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

i find if you smoke stuff, the mosquitoes will just wanna hang

:werd: I think they are attracted to like CO2 or something, or maybe they want a "buzz" ;)

but Muskol FTW!!! Most bugs stay away from you completely..

SoSlowDx
05-31-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by shynepho

:thumbsup: Test it yesterday playing soccer :thumbsup:

gp36912
05-31-2007, 11:38 PM
that or stand by a asian..... i know it works because everytime we are at the wednesday meets. i'm eaten alive while everyone else is just fine.

bignerd
06-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by gp36912
that or stand by a asian..... i know it works because everytime we are at the wednesday meets. i'm eaten alive while everyone else is just fine.

:rofl:

PINOY-X
06-01-2007, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by gp36912

hahah :rofl:

but smoking a ciggarette actually works ... not all the time tho .. but we use "OFF" works pretty good

bobby_lu
06-01-2007, 08:23 AM
So....is the risk of DEET causing cancer worse than the rick of cigarettes causing lung cancer?? SInce Im getting manhandled by the mosquitos, maybe I should take up smoking :nut: :rofl:

Deetz/deet :thumbsup:

Kritafo
06-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Watkins makes a cream or spray repellent full of Deet, works great. If you buy the cream it lasts forever. It's about $15.00 a bottle.

There are several Watkins Dealers in town, usually during the summer months they have booths in the mall.

If I am just around the house I cover a pair of old shorts and shirt in repellent, those become my summer around the backyard clothes.

QuasarCav
06-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Go to the army surplus store and ask for the repellent that is given to troops. The stuff we were using in Shilo, Manitoba was 95% DEET. It could melt plastic and it would turn your arm hair blonde but the mosquitos would literally melt if they landed on your skin.

GQBalla
06-01-2007, 11:38 AM
lol i got to pick up some deet!
ahahah

smoking i found last year didn't even ward off the mosquitos it was nuts.

ahhah

yellowsnow
06-01-2007, 11:45 AM
just get something with DEET with around 35% concentration. Greater concentration just means it lasts longer on your skin.

tenth
06-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
I wouldn't overdo it with the DEET unless you want cancer really badly.
which is the reason the DEET percentage is limited to 30% in Canada. But ya, no need to overapply.

rbau493
06-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Go to the army surplus store and ask for the repellent that is given to troops. The stuff we were using in Shilo, Manitoba was 95% DEET. It could melt plastic and it would turn your arm hair blonde but the mosquitos would literally melt if they landed on your skin.

Yep that stuff kicks ass. I never used anything that works so well. There's still bottles kicking around in the CF but I think they banned it didnt they. Last I heard that was the case, just glad I kept a bunch of bottles. :thumbsup:

TomK
06-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by rbau493

Yep that stuff kicks ass. I never used anything that works so well. There's still bottles kicking around in the CF but I think they banned it didnt they. Last I heard that was the case, just glad I kept a bunch of bottles. :thumbsup:

I would suggest putting it on your clothes instead of your skin if you are wearing "outdoor" stuff that you dont mind getting stained. That way you get the protection of "insane deet", but without whatever side effects caused them to ban it. dripping some on the brim of your hat will keep them well away from your face (but the hat wont last long).

When I was treeplanting that 95% deet melted my walkman shut when I accidentally spilled some. Did a number on my watch too as I recall.

DC2
06-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by shynepho

I used that last year. Didnt have many problems with it. Smelt pretty nice too, well better than the regular OFF

RaptorGJC
06-01-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by TomK

I would suggest putting it on your clothes instead of your skin if you are wearing "outdoor" stuff that you dont mind getting stained. That way you get the protection of "insane deet", but without whatever side effects caused them to ban it. dripping some on the brim of your hat will keep them well away from your face (but the hat wont last long).

When I was treeplanting that 95% deet melted my walkman shut when I accidentally spilled some. Did a number on my watch too as I recall.

I gotta get me some of that stuff. Let the melting and cancer begin....