PDA

View Full Version : honda hybrids

stevescivic
05-31-2007, 09:22 PM
anyone here own or know someone that drives a honda hybrid?

I want to buy one but I'm quite curious if the gas mileage claims are indeed what Honda claims.

Today a Honda sales guy told me that the 07 honda hybrid can go 1000 + km's on one tank on the highway. He says that a person if they were driving normally and following the speed limits that they can drive to vancouver on one tank of gas.

Even at T&T honda the hybrid demo car's rear bumper asks "can your car get 66MPG?"

I want to know if its worth buying for 28, 000 after taxes and the gov't $2000 eco rebate.

Thanks for the input.

LilDrunkenSmurf
05-31-2007, 09:26 PM
if you want to get good mileage... get a honda beat :thumbsup: right hand drive, MR, 0.6L engine... 80MPG

I'm assuming that your talking about the Civic hybrid? I saw one on deerfoot the other day... It sounds good, civic's have always had good mileage, but it's gonna have worse "get up and go" then grandma's electric wheelchair.

If the dealer says it's 66MPG it's probably highway, which means city will be closer to ~60MPG even... And that's if you drive "normally" so in Calgary it's probably closer to 55MPG... Or I could be completely off my rocker... this is all an opinion.