Ben
06-14-2003, 09:40 PM
in my opinion! :drool:

http://www.psylence.com/Junk/subie01.jpg
http://www.psylence.com/Junk/subie02.jpg
http://www.psylence.com/Junk/subie03.jpg

4wheeldrift
06-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Not really my thing. Always been more fond of subaru's for their sleeper qualities.

TalonVelocity
06-14-2003, 09:47 PM
hehe sti's are sleepers?? hmm.. ok then ;)

Kamen
06-14-2003, 10:38 PM
oh man...gotta get me one of those

generation2
06-14-2003, 11:00 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Zephyr
06-14-2003, 11:05 PM
Captain, I sense Altezzas ahead!

bleh almost perfect...

EG STyLeZ
06-14-2003, 11:49 PM
very nice car! :thumbsup:

Manimillion
06-15-2003, 12:07 AM
Is that the sn ow plowers you guys have over there? :rofl:

Putting STi badging on a normal WRX is like putting Type-R badges on a Non Type-R civic...

:thumbsdow

Fagtezza's
Chicken Fence in the front
and the snow plower lip

Not my thing at all!

Daddymax
06-15-2003, 12:15 AM
that's my civi on the left of it!!!

[GaGe]
06-15-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by DevilOnWheelz
Putting STi badging on a normal WRX is like putting Type-R badges on a Non Type-R civic..

All I see that says STI is the fog light coverers, and they're actually made by STI.

Only thing I don't like is the altezzas. Still one of the best imprezas I've ever seen. :drool: :thumbsup:

Abom
06-15-2003, 12:39 AM
You know, if that were ANYONE else's car other than Silent Rage's, there'd be bashing going on for the side decals.

Impreza
06-15-2003, 02:55 AM
nice car..not exactly my taste..its clean i guess...but i like more subtle looks, and lose the alcheezas please!!!
but all in all...pimp rex

RiceCake
06-15-2003, 09:36 AM
Actually the owner of the car is on the site. Those tail's aren't that bad when you look at them in person.

Props for a nice ride! :thumbsup: And when will people start keying in that you can buy STI parts for suby's, and they do say STI on it. Its not fake badging your car.

For example if Toyota were to come out with a TRD edition car, and you buy TRD parts for your car... are you fake badging your car because parts you bought had TRD on them?

Dj_Stylz
06-15-2003, 09:53 AM
Damn That is so nice.:):):)

kaput
06-15-2003, 10:43 AM

Speed_Dreams
06-15-2003, 10:54 AM
Does it just say STi on the fog light covers? becuase those ARE STi fog light covers i don't think theres anything wrong with putting those on a nice suby. its like painting your NON-Type R integra Championship white. whats the harm? IMO

SilverRex
06-15-2003, 12:16 PM
Is that the sn ow plowers you guys have over there? :rofl:

Putting STi badging on a normal WRX is like putting Type-R badges on a Non Type-R civic...

:thumbsdow

Fagtezza's
Chicken Fence in the front
and the snow plower lip

Not my thing at all!

I believe we've discuss this before. I also have STI badges on my car but they came with them.. its a STI part so of course it has the logo.. example like when I buy a momo shift knob with the momo logo on it..

all in all, the car looks good.. props to the side mirror, front mesh however imo I wish ebny would of got the liberal front grill, greddy front lip and loose the taillights. A car like this should look even sharper opose to wider.. anyways the point is, everyone has the right to do what ever they want with it, because it best represents themselves who cares if someone doesnt like it or not.. :thumbsup:

STI-Guy
06-15-2003, 01:10 PM
I hate those goddamn eyelids. The make the WRX look so much uglier. I also don't approve of those god awful taillights and awkward side decals.

Oher than that, I guess it's alright.

Hash_man
06-15-2003, 03:03 PM
I think it is a pimp car, but its really not my taste.

I wish sin would of got the liberal front grill, greddy front lip and loose the taillights.

haha, its not Sin;s ride, he just really really likes that car... Sin has a 1990 Accord EXR

air_mikey
06-15-2003, 03:10 PM
thats a damn nice car. i think it looks perfect. the eyelids kinda make it look a lil more aggresive. props to the owner.

Manimillion
06-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by RiceCake
Actually the owner of the car is on the site. Those tail's aren't that bad when you look at them in person.

Props for a nice ride! :thumbsup: And when will people start keying in that you can buy STI parts for suby's, and they do say STI on it. Its not fake badging your car.

For example if Toyota were to come out with a TRD edition car, and you buy TRD parts for your car... are you fake badging your car because parts you bought had TRD on them?

IT doesn't make it an STi

You don't get the point... maybe he doesn't have the sti grille or the pink sti subaru badges, but I still see those headlight covers as rice... so if some1 has type r cams in their civic, they could put type r badges? it still doesn't make it a Type R... or the foglights don't make a wrx, an sti...

But try telling this to a crowd of people that compare their cars against 330xi and the S4... :banghead:

4wheeldrift
06-15-2003, 05:13 PM

You don't get the point... maybe he doesn't have the sti grille or the pink sti subaru badges, but I still see those headlight covers as rice... so if some1 has type r cams in their civic, they could put type r badges? it still doesn't make it a Type R... or the foglights don't make a wrx, an sti...

But try telling this to a crowd of people that compare their cars against 330xi and the S4... :banghead: No, it's you who doesn't understand. Like it or not, you could get a WRX from the factory with foglight covers that say STi on them, amongst other items from subaru's performance parts catalogue. STi is subaru's performance division, as well as its flagship model. Like TRD, they make parts for normal Subaru's as well as selling factory hotrods.

Any why compare a WRX to a 330xi or an S4? Because it performs every bit as well, is more reliable and quite a bit cheaper.

spyguy
06-15-2003, 05:14 PM

But try telling this to a crowd of people that compare their cars against 330xi and the S4... :banghead:

HERE we go AGAIN... :rolleyes: I think youre a bit confused...

STi is a brand name a company that is a subsidary of subaru...hence "subaru tecnica international"..Yes the WRX STi is a specific model for subaru the term STi is also the name of a company...(type-R is not)

Type-R for honda is different that would be a specific model for civics, accords, integras, etc...it would be wrong to stick the type r emblem or sticker on a non type r car...BUT if it were to be say...MUGEN...that would be ok (assuming the car has mugen parts)

STi to subaru is like TRD to toyota or NISMO to nissan as well as MUGEN, spoon to HONDA..

:rolleyes:

Manimillion
06-15-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by spyguy

HERE we go AGAIN... :rolleyes: I think youre a bit confused...

STi is a brand name a company that is a subsidary of subaru...hence "subaru tecnica international"..Yes the WRX STi is a specific model for subaru the term STi is also the name of a company...(type-R is not)

Type-R for honda is different that would be a specific model for civics, accords, integras, etc...it would be wrong to stick the type r emblem or sticker on a non type r car...BUT if it were to be say...MUGEN...that would be ok (assuming the car has mugen parts)

STi to subaru is like TRD to toyota or NISMO to nissan as well as MUGEN, spoon to HONDA..

:rolleyes:

No shit... I didn't know what STi was...

Sti is not a mugen or a spoon, those are not part of HONDA... the people who come up with TYPE-R models for Honda's are like STi...

Lets take BMW for example...

Mugen/Spoon is like AC Schnitzer

Type-R is like BMW M which stands for MOTORSPORT

I guess your the one who is confused here...

air_mikey
06-15-2003, 05:25 PM
sti is the company that made those covers. like someone stated above, its like a momo shift nob, it has the logo rite on it. thats the same with the covers.

Manimillion
06-15-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by air_mikey
sti is the company that made those covers. like someone stated above, its like a momo shift nob, it has the logo rite on it. thats the same with the covers.

I know they are foglight covers, and I know all of them say STi on it, but what I'm saying is I would not put those covers on a normal non STi WRX...

Seanith
06-15-2003, 05:38 PM

Sti is not a mugen or a spoon, those are not part of HONDA... the people who come up with TYPE-R models for Honda's are like STi...

Dude your so wrong i don't know where to begin... STi isn't just a model of subaru like people said. Do you also think that "Mazdaspeed" just corresponds with the new protege?! :rolleyes:

BTW i really like that car..i saw it parked one time with the civic coupe with 1.6/domani front and another civic and i was amazed..:hitit:

sin
06-15-2003, 05:49 PM
haha jason next time someone thinks its mine let them think that... please

AccordTypeR
06-15-2003, 05:57 PM
Nice car!, ill be posting pics of urban dream in a little bit:D

SilverRex
06-15-2003, 05:58 PM

I know they are foglight covers, and I know all of them say STi on it, but what I'm saying is I would not put those covers on a normal non STi WRX...

finally the truth came out, you said it. "I would not put those covers on" so this is more to do with personal preference of what ones want on their car.

btw there is a difference between getting aftermarket parts that come with the badge or logo (on the part) oppose to intentionally sticking the badge or logo by itself on ones' car.

think about it..
Spy guy hit the right note, STI is a company that sells performence parts and or acessories, its just so happen they name the subaru STI, an STI... just because I have an STI part purchased and install on my car doesnt mean I have to have an STI inorder to have it on. In fact, the subaru STI car is filled with STI parts all over the place. engine, suspensions, you name it.
so STI essentially is named because they tune the car with so many STI parts.. so the parts is in a way promoting it self. For sale.. and whats a better upgrade then to buy STI parts for a car that is under the same model line up.. the WRX. Even at the dealer I can order STI parts for my car.. is this rice?

Type-R on the other hand is a name reserved for a CAR that is solely a type-R, you dun see type-R as a company making parts for people. woohoo Im going to buy a type-R grill or fog covers.. simply there is no such thing.

and please, we've had this discussion many times. In the end its not about whos right or not, it will soon turn into who isnt willing to listen to your opinion.

if you want to talk about it, at least talk about people who DO misuse these logo on their car.

:dunno:

Wildcat
06-15-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by sin
haha jason next time someone thinks its mine let them think that... please

hahahaha... :rofl: i totally thought that was your car too... IMPOSTER! :rofl: ... hehe

ZorroAMG
06-15-2003, 11:44 PM

HAHAHA that's funny shit man. type R is NOT the same as M....is there a CL type R?, a TL type R? an NSX type R? maybe a EL type R? NO there is not. But there IS an M3, M5 M Roadster, and an M coupe...So how the hell are they the same? Type R is ONE CAR, not a brand...

Anyway, your views on this whole STI crap are your own, however weak they may be. Leave it at that. :rolleyes:

Seanith
06-16-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
[B]

HAHAHA that's funny shit man. type R is NOT the same as M....is there a CL type R?, a TL type R? an NSX type R? maybe a EL type R? NO there is not. But there IS an M3, M5 M Roadster, and an M coupe...So how the hell are they the same? Type R is ONE CAR, not a brand...

sorry to burst your bubble, but they make a civic type r, integra type r, an accord euro r, and YES a NSX type r, so please tell us wtf you are trying to say?? :dunno:

Gripenfelter
06-16-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Ben
in my opinion! :drool:

http://www.psylence.com/Junk/subie01.jpg

Looks like a stoned Subaru thats half asleep. Eyelids on the headlights. :D

ZorroAMG
06-16-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

sorry to burst your bubble, but they make a civic type r, integra type r, an accord euro r, and YES a NSX type r, so please tell us wtf you are trying to say?? :dunno:

WOW I guess I really should brush up on my import knowledge LOL like i give a shit, I just know that the type R is limited to the integra in NA (and maybe that ugly-ass civic as well, sorry for forgetting that, IMPORT GODS. But regardless, M power is a DIVISION or BMW, not just a separate car made by them....they have an M car for every model except 7 and X as opposed to "type R" with a civic and accord, which are outside of the Acura brand. You don't see Mminis or MRangerovers....so NO TYPE R is NOT THE SAME AS M...go back to sleep. :zzz:

ebny
06-16-2003, 09:17 AM
In fact this is my ride.......as of sin having my ride on his sig......well as he said.....he cant take any credit for it......:D

Thanks to all that think my cars dope and shit....but to all of you that think the STI badging is a very stoopid idea...i dont really care. STI only makes parts for the "SUBARU" so why would i not want to stick to the JDM parts that i only buy for "MY" soob! I dont give 2 shits if its not the STI version, heck if i really want to make it an STI out of my ride then i could have purchase all the STI parts that they added to the 2004 STI version. But hell, i would rather make it more to my taste, moding it (only using JDM parts) the "way i like it" and the "way i want it" thats what makes every import "ORIGINAL".

Speed_RaSiR
06-16-2003, 11:50 AM
Overdone IMO, but good for showz

Fuji
06-16-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by SilverRex

finally the truth came out, you said it. "I would not put those covers on" so this is more to do with personal preference of what ones want on their car.

btw there is a difference between getting aftermarket parts that come with the badge or logo (on the part) oppose to intentionally sticking the badge or logo by itself on ones' car.

think about it..
Spy guy hit the right note, STI is a company that sells performence parts and or acessories, its just so happen they name the subaru STI, an STI... just because I have an STI part purchased and install on my car doesnt mean I have to have an STI inorder to have it on. In fact, the subaru STI car is filled with STI parts all over the place. engine, suspensions, you name it.
so STI essentially is named because they tune the car with so many STI parts.. so the parts is in a way promoting it self. For sale.. and whats a better upgrade then to buy STI parts for a car that is under the same model line up.. the WRX. Even at the dealer I can order STI parts for my car.. is this rice?

Type-R on the other hand is a name reserved for a CAR that is solely a type-R, you dun see type-R as a company making parts for people. woohoo Im going to buy a type-R grill or fog covers.. simply there is no such thing.

and please, we've had this discussion many times. In the end its not about whos right or not, it will soon turn into who isnt willing to listen to your opinion.

if you want to talk about it, at least talk about people who DO misuse these logo on their car.

:dunno:

Just a question... the dealer can get STi parts now?

Do you have any STi mods?

CRXguy
06-16-2003, 05:54 PM
Maybe STi axle-backs? :D

SilverRex
06-17-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Fuji

Just a question... the dealer can get STi parts now?

Do you have any STi mods?

i do not have the parts/ acessories list however last time I checked they had a sti version short throw shifter..

who knows, now that we have the REAL STI in north america they probablly have fog covers and other stuff as options if one is willing to pay for the upgrade on their 04 wrx..

as far as STI mods, all I have that is genuine STI are my grill and front spoiler lip.

02bump'nWRX
06-19-2003, 05:18 PM
I know the dealer can get some sti stuff like the foglight covers, short shifter, titanium shifter knob, suspension components, scoop and a few others.

Its a good thing ol ' DevilonWheelz hasn't seen my car cause id get flamed up my ass!!! I have the STI foglight covers, sti scoop and sti stickers on my door - god forbid!!!!!!!!!:dunno: I put them on cause IMO they look cool and my car has some sti parts on it as well makes damn near sti HP (oops i wasn't suppose to say that last one). I don't pretend its an sti or tell people it is cause its not and it never will be.

4CylFiero
06-19-2003, 10:55 PM
Thats it im going to go buy a mountain bike and then call my Fiero a trek edition. LOL there now i look stupider then you guys agruing over car parts. At least your car gets parts made for it. BTW i think the car is very nice.

fist
07-23-2003, 12:34 AM
BMW M is BMW's performance division.

type R is a specific model of civic or integra or whatever designed by honda themself.

sti is a company that made a light cover with their logo on the light cover...seperate from scoobydoo

Ashkente
07-23-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by 4CylFiero
Thats it im going to go buy a mountain bike and then call my Fiero a trek edition. LOL there now i look stupider then you guys agruing over car parts. At least your car gets parts made for it. BTW i think the car is very nice.

Just drop a 350 SBC ;) That's the only part you really need :D

CKY
07-23-2003, 05:43 PM
i think its great work done on the car, but can u post up some pics of wat the car looks like inside n under the hood?

4CylFiero
07-24-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Ashkente

Just drop a 350 SBC ;) That's the only part you really need :D

I don't want to pack that in there it's not practical, i couldn't even imagine how they even change the spark plugs on a v-8 fiero. I'm going for a quad 4 swap that way i can also keep my user name the same and my car will still remain a four cylinder. Plus the one in my backyard has 180 HP which is pretty sweet.

ebny
07-24-2003, 08:23 AM
THX CKY......will post some pix of the engine bay and interior when i get home from work....

btw are u a WRX owner as well???

tulit
07-24-2003, 08:38 AM
sti is a company that made a light cover with their logo on the light cover...seperate from scoobydoo

Umm no. STi IS Subaru. And they make a hell of a lot more than light covers.

ebny
07-24-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by tulit

Umm no. STi IS Subaru. And they make a hell of a lot more than light covers.

I AGREE!!!! :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tulit.....any idea on when the next meet is.......i thought the next one was gonna be in around this time..?? theres no thread about one nasioc.......

tulit
07-24-2003, 10:09 AM
We just have one weekend before last.

I think the next one is either the first or second weekend of August. There is a thread on NASIOC (under CALGARY/RED DEER/EDMONTON joint meet)

ebny
07-24-2003, 11:35 AM
kewl..

finboy
07-24-2003, 05:22 PM
don't like the altezzas, graphics, eyelids, and the body kit is too aggressive, other than that it is alright.

Doodle
07-26-2003, 12:21 AM
Slick ass ride I'd conduct that in a second....

fist
07-26-2003, 09:56 PM
yes they ARE scooby but i was trying to put a visual into his head

Gondi Stylez
07-27-2003, 01:05 AM
ur car is the shit! mad props!