PDA

View Full Version : Ticket mistakes

Datsun-Fever
05-31-2007, 10:01 PM
Can anyone tell me if mistakes made on an officers behalf on a ticket effect anything? thanks!!!

shakalaka
05-31-2007, 10:03 PM
What sort of mistakes? As far as I know, minor mistakes such as wrong name spellings, don't really matter.

thrasher22
05-31-2007, 10:07 PM
From what I've heard (never been lucky enough) it almost ALWAYS means they'll throw your ticket out or at least cut you a deal if you appeal it.

Datsun-Fever
05-31-2007, 10:07 PM
The due date on the ticket is like 4 days from now, and the cop called me and said he wanted to issue new tickets with the correct date, like a month from now, and he wants me to come pick them up.
Do you guys think a traffic lawyer would be able to help get them reduced??

Hakkola
05-31-2007, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Datsun-Fever
The due date on the ticket is like 4 days from now, and the cop called me and said he wanted to issue new tickets with the correct date, like a month from now, and he wants me to come pick them up.
Do you guys think a traffic lawyer would be able to help get them reduced??

:rofl: He wants you to go to him to get new tickets?
Go get it reduced yourself, if you go in looking respectable, and if you're not a moron it is easy. I got a failure to stop for a red light ticket changed to failure to obey a traffic device, $100 of the ticket and 1 less demerit, and all I had to do was wait 10 minutes to see the prosecutor, and talk to him for about 15 seconds.

BrknFngrs
05-31-2007, 10:12 PM
ive had 2 thrown out for that kind of thing (not the exact same mistakes) i sure as hell wouldnt go pick up new tickets, just take it to where you pay, and see if they'll throw it out. Just ignore the cop who wants to issue new tickets, he can deliever if he wants to re-issue so bad.

bart
05-31-2007, 10:39 PM
yes, do not go see the cop! you only have to unless you get a summons or have been in an accident. let him find you, don't answer any calls, etc.

stevo 27
05-31-2007, 10:44 PM
if they spell your name wrong they throw it out because
its not you
happened to me for a speeding ticket

brisebois cop spelt it like
brisbois
:D :thumbsup: