PDA

View Full Version : Help! - USPS

l8braker
06-01-2007, 04:57 PM
I did a search and nothing relevant came up...

April 28th - Purchased some stuff for my car (rear tint pieces) from a gent in Kalifornia. He shipped it on April 30th. Fast forward to today - June 1st, 2007. Nothing in the mailbox.

I filed an `Item not recieved`motion on eBay. He said there is no way to track this from California, regular USPS. Also says to be patient, but I want my fucking shit already. Is USPS usually this S-L-O-W :dunno: Any experiences similar to this :nut:

cheers

Weapon_R
06-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Yes, ground shipping can be that slow. It took me a couple months to get some books I ordered online through ground shipping. Not much you can do now other than wait.

JordanAndrew
06-01-2007, 05:11 PM
I ordered a bunch of products on properautocare.com and it was shipped through USPS and it only took 2 weeks to get my products? I guess it all depends how reputable the people you are dealing with. :dunno:

Dj_Stylz
06-01-2007, 05:14 PM
If you want PM me the tracking number and ill look into it when i go to work on Monday.

adidas
06-01-2007, 05:30 PM
For a second i thought u were complaining after 3-4 days but then i realized it said April.

:banghead:

KoukiS14
06-01-2007, 05:38 PM
i too have had stuff take upwards of 4 weeks to get here via USPS Air.

barbarian
06-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Try the tracking number (or customs tracking number), if you have one, on both usps.com and canadapost.ca. I have waited for an express package stuck in Canadian customs for five weeks once. It was a car alarm/starter package, and the inspector probably freaked out and called the bomb squad when they saw the rat's nest of wires from the harness that was loose in the box.

l8braker
06-01-2007, 07:22 PM
The seller said that there is no tracking number. All he has said is that it was shipped via USPS on the 30th of April.

:dunno:

barbarian
06-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Did he claim it was "priority" or "express" shipping in the original auction?

If you really get jerked around, and for example the package shows up with 1/10 the postage you paid for in the shipping, you can report to ebay that the item cost is reduced (and thus the ebay fees) by the shipping cost being inflated.

smontyLS1
06-01-2007, 08:05 PM
its brutally slow. or within a week or two. but usually slow.
I had a window regulator shipped and I recieved it 6 weeks later.
customs seems to just hold on to it and not do anything. I've found usps air mail to be the way to go. its not much more expensive if at all and its usually consistant 3ish weeks.

dropdat
06-01-2007, 08:23 PM
they always take forever, i got a blackberry sent from texas to north carolina and it took almost 6 weeks

oilerfan4lyfe
06-01-2007, 08:41 PM
I bought something near the end of December and it took until late February to arrive...and it was USPS Priority...though I can't really bitch that much about it - the seller marked the item with a low value so I wouldn't have to pay fees on it, but the guy included a paypal invoice in the shipping envelope. Customs opened it and when they saw what I actually paid for the item compared to what it was listed as on the declaration they adjusted it...I guess that took them over a month to do.

Also, like someone else already mentioned, if it's shipped via ground parcel you might be waiting about 25 business days...most sellers just use airmail especially for small packets since it doesn't cost much anyways.

frozenrice
06-01-2007, 09:25 PM
That's something I don't understand. If someone in the States is sending something abroad (i.e. Canada), aren't they supposed to fill in a customs declaration form? If that is the case, there is supposed to be a customs number that you can use to track the package. If they claim there is no paperwork, then they're dee dee dee or they're ripping you off. Check the dispute deadlines with ebay/paypal and file a dispute/claim and wait it out. G/L.

adidas
06-01-2007, 09:29 PM
^^ I thought the shipping company does the forms...thus being the reason for customs fees from the shipping company itself.

I might be wrong tho.

s3v3n
06-01-2007, 10:15 PM
its only been a month.
items shipped usps ground sometimes take 6+ wks, especially if theyre stopped at the border.
usps tracking is only good till the package gets to the border, it wont tell you anything after that.

Pacman
06-02-2007, 08:02 AM
When buying things from the U.S...always have the seller send it via USPS GLOBAL EXPRESS as this will include a tracking number and require you to sign for the package when it arrives.

If he sent it USPS Global Priority....you get no tracking and it takes weeks and weeks to get here (even though the USPS website claims it only takes a few days longer than GLobal Express).

I learned this the hard way when I bought an Omega watch. The bozo sent it Global Priority and it showed up 7 weeks after he sent it. I couldn't track the package and had no idea where it was.

Global Express only takes a few days to get here, depending on how fast it clears customs.

Also, you can track the package when it enters Canada by using the USPS # on the Canada Post website.

Lo)2enz0
06-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
The seller said that there is no tracking number. All he has said is that it was shipped via USPS on the 30th of April.

:dunno:

he's fucking with you dude. anyone sane knows that if you have to talk to someone and pay for shipping, they give you a receipt with the tracking number on it.

either the guy hasn't shipped it out or you got jacked up

l8braker
06-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Still nothing from the guy, and he will not respond in the dispute console. The thing that I don't understand, is that he has 97.5% positive feedback (edit: with over 300+ transactions).

Do you guys think I should report him to Ebay trust & Safety, or wait on this jackass?

Thanks for all the good info, i've taken some notes for next time.

cheers

l/l/rX
06-07-2007, 11:41 AM
we get parts shipped to us via USPS all the time. every single part on our car has come from the internet via USPS, never longer than 2 weeks to arrive.

just got my rims a few days ago via USPS =)

my struts, flywheel and clutch only took about a week and a half.

guessboi
06-07-2007, 11:59 AM
^ how did u get ur rims through USPS? I thought they only deliver small stuffs.

l/l/rX
06-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by guessboi
^ how did u get ur rims through USPS? I thought they only deliver small stuffs.

:dunno: subydude.com sent them through usps.

88CRX
06-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Did you pay with paypal?

2BLUE
06-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Either way one of you will get the package back.

l8braker
06-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Did you pay with paypal?

Negative, paid thru Google checkout.

JRSC00LUDE
06-07-2007, 12:26 PM
I've never waited over approx. 2 weeks with usps either l8braker, time to start stirring the pot.

On a side note, is that your car in your sig.? Got any more pics somewhere?

l8braker
06-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
I've never waited over approx. 2 weeks with usps either l8braker, time to start stirring the pot.

On a side note, is that your car in your sig.? Got any more pics somewhere?

I'm going to report this guy when I get home from work. Fuck this shit.

Yep, that's my Teg. Check out the gallery I added.... Some old pics though, going to take more tonight at Scotchmans Hill in the SE.

Crymson
06-07-2007, 12:53 PM
My buddy bought a samsugn MP3 player in OCTOBER and it was held up in customs until last week.