PDA

View Full Version : rpm/clutch problems on ym new gixxer?

polakbiker
06-02-2007, 12:06 AM
hey guys i have an 07 gixxer and today when i pull the throttle down the rpms shoot up but the bike doesnt pull.
only in low rpms do i ahve accel.
i duno why this is i did a burn out earlier maybe it was that>??
im really worried, could u let me know if u kno wts wrong?

Supa Dexta
06-02-2007, 10:43 AM
what kind of oil? is the clutch adjusted properly? Those new gixxers must have slipper clutches now too I'd imagine.. So I'm not totally sure about them, but on the older clutches they didn't like synthetic in some caes, or energy conserving oils.. and the clutch would slip when you were hard on the throttle, all you would hear is the engine spin up, and the bike not really pull at all...

As for adjusted properly, just pull in the clutch lever and there should be no resistance for the first 5mm or so then you should feel it engage, and start to feel it pull...

A burnout wouldn't cause this, unless you toally fuk'd it up.. Don't ride the clutch at high rpms, have it either in or out and only feather it at slow speeds on take offs and stuff, esp when your new at it..

polakbiker
06-02-2007, 11:53 AM
yea i duno i dropped it off at blackfoot this morning to get
a new rear tire and they said theyd take a look at it.
i hope its nothing bigg..

Supa Dexta
06-02-2007, 05:13 PM
new rear tire eh'.. how many miles on it? Or did you get a nail or sumtin...

polakbiker
06-02-2007, 10:38 PM
i got nail! so pisssed off.
yea well they adjsuted the clyutch today but its still
the same problem.
so i ahve to take it in on tues so they can take another loook at it..

06-02-2007, 10:47 PM
yea the new gsxrs do have slipper clutches. As to your problem, I would imagine you fucked you clutch somehow, first bike? Many stalls? Missing shifts at high rpms?

polakbiker
06-03-2007, 11:07 AM
yea fuck i duno
w/e its warranty im bringin it in on tues

polakbiker
06-03-2007, 04:22 PM
so def burnt the whole clutch it doesnt even move.
do i need to get the platelets now or wat??
how much is it roughly?
is it easy to do?

MrSector9
06-03-2007, 05:28 PM
depending on the style and how much damage could possibly get away with just fiber plates and the steels will be fine.. as for the price off the top of my head think roughly $15 per plate and usually most bikes are 6-10 depending on application.

it is easy if you have rebuilt clutches before :)

also it will not be covered under warranty since it is a "wear" item and the only way would be for it to be manufacturer defect.. I have seen these type of things slip through the crack if you are friendly with the shop/mechanic :)

I woudl figure since this is Calgary and everything is insane you are looking at $400-500 for the job to be done. Unles you find someone that is willing to work for a little cash :)

polakbiker
06-04-2007, 10:25 PM
yea i called and they said 200 for the clutch plates
and then 150 for install.
but the thing that really sucks is i wont get it back for 2weeks!!
if i knew any bike shops or some1 i would pay em cuz i wanna get it done before then so i can start riding.
do u think i could do it myslef from a book or too hard?

Fusion
06-05-2007, 11:31 PM
2 week? Go to MotoRad maybe 2 days LOL Blackfoot so busy..

SikAssR1
06-05-2007, 11:46 PM
already burnt out the clutch? ouch. stop doing high rev burnouts.

polakbiker
06-06-2007, 08:55 PM
wats motoRad??
wats the number?

polakbiker
06-06-2007, 08:59 PM
yea i kno well it was dumb.
i let my friend do one..

Supa Dexta
06-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by polakbiker
yea i kno well it was dumb.
i let my friend do one..

one wouldnt do it.. are you hard on the clutch under normal driving? And letting your buddy? has he been on a bike before, cause if that thing catches it'll take off, and jump away from him and flip end over end.. :rofl:

Graham_A_M
06-09-2007, 05:46 PM
^ Wow you fried the clutch already? Jeez... you should enroll yourself into to 2coolmotorcycle school, as you're probably missing a number of fundamentals.

polakbiker
06-11-2007, 06:59 PM
no i kno how to ride
was doing a bunch of brunouts
and lent it to my friend which was a mistake

Raven_R1
06-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by polakbiker
wats motoRad??
wats the number?

243 2933....1 min from blackfoot