PDA

View Full Version : Flames re-sign Lombardi and Nilson

Team_Mclaren
06-02-2007, 02:35 AM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=209537&hubname=

Im not complaining, looks like Lombardi has another chance to prove himself. Wondering how much they got re-signed for...

Mr_John
06-02-2007, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=209537&hubname=

Im not complaining, looks like Lombardi has another chance to prove himself. Wondering how much they got re-signed for...

sweet. lets hope lombardi will rip it up like he did at the IIHF World's. Nilson I always liked and am happy that he's back.

legereandrew4
06-02-2007, 06:17 AM
its good they both got deals... Hopfully Sutter will make some good decisions... Iginla and Kipp... I think one of them are on there way out to more money, as sad as it may be... what do you think, think one will be gone?

justincalgary
06-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Not sure about the Nilson signing, he is kay, but re-signing Lombardi is huge. He played amazingly when Iggy was hurt and I could see the Flames easily losing Iginla over Kipper. Your team starts at the goalie and works its way out. And Kipper being a top 5 goalie in the league, would just be plain stupid to let him go. Good riddance to Iggy and watch Lombardi now rip it up. I hope Iginla gets traded to the East so the 'nucks don't have to play him anymore.

D'z Nutz
06-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Lombardi would've produced a lot more if Playfair didn't cut his ice time so much (particularly after Conroy came back and when Iggy came off his injury). I mean really, anytime he was on the ice, he usually had some sort of scoring chance or contribution. Maybe now that he's (Playfair) what he's capable of, we'll see more of them.

bmeier
06-02-2007, 11:45 AM
iggys not going anywhere, this year at least. he already said he wants to play here and is willing to take a paycut to do so. plus he had one of the highest PPG average this season getting rid of him would be idiotic

bigbadboss101
06-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Lombo good signing. Not sure if Nilson has the speed and skills in the skating game. They should pick up a couple guys who can skate, or has some size. Skills matter and then were not able to get out of their own zone against Detroit, and do not have many players who can get into the offensive zone without dumping in.

spyce
06-02-2007, 12:15 PM
lombos signing was rumoured a while ago even before the iihf. good to see that its set in stone now
the nilson signing is a bit of a question mark. if its under a mill its not a bad signing. and hopefully his knees are fully recovered so he can regain his 04 form

bmeier
06-03-2007, 01:11 PM
i would like to see scott hartnell come over from the preds if he doesnt sign there he would be a great addition for calgary.

R!zz0
06-03-2007, 01:34 PM
I hope Lombardi does good this year. I am not happy for re-signing Nilson though. :dunno:

asuth077
06-03-2007, 01:40 PM
I heard $1 mil for Nilson (aprox 300k pay cut) and 1.8 for Lombardi.

toyboy88
06-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Great to see Lombo back for sure, Nilson if he did take it for 1 million or less/year is still decent.

mac_82
06-03-2007, 07:46 PM
I would much rather keep Nilson over McCarty, Amonte, Ritchie and Friesen. The only player I would rather keep over Nilson is Primeau. But rumour was he wanted a NTC, but I guess we will see what happens with that.

Good re-signings by Sutter :thumbsup:

legereandrew4
06-03-2007, 08:53 PM
I was talking to McCarty 2 weeks ago and he said he doughts Calgary will sign him again this year and if another team does sign him he will probably retire mid season. Amonte I think can contribute but last season proved else, and should be traded for someone younger. Friesen should stay. I wish Primeau would stay but I dont think he will, he said he wants to stay out east dosnt want to play here, but hes damn good!

max_boost
06-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Great to see Sutter resign Lombardi, that kid has tremendous upside. He's going to be a game breaker and I see a breakout year from him in 07/08.

De Dutch
06-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Right now Lombardi is solid on the second line, and he def. has the speed and skill to put up some solid numbers. Its a little premature to label him "a game breaker", he still needs to learn how to compete and be effective during crunch time, but he is still young and those things will come with more playoff experience. It would have been a shame of we lost him before he turned into a solid performer.