PDA

View Full Version : Calgary soccer beer league?

snoop101
06-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Hello

I moved here from Kelowna. In kelowna we had a division we called the beer league because it was made for mid 20's to 30's players who were out of shape and drank beer after every game. Does Calgary have this and if anyone plays on them could you give me a contact?
Thanks

MaLwa
06-02-2007, 06:48 PM
im down ahahaha

snoop101
06-06-2007, 03:58 PM
No one knows?

I noticed Calgary has a lot of leagues but have no idea what is what.

In Kelowna 1st was highest and 3rd was beer league.

RC-Cola
06-06-2007, 10:15 PM
There are two main leagues in Calgary, CUSA and the Commercial league.

I play in CUSA and depending on the team and the division it's pretty easy going. I'm 32 playing on a div 5 (out of 6 divisions), most guys on my team are younger (mid twenties).

I don't know much about the commercial league other than it exists.

Here is the homepage for CUSA:

www.cusa.ab.ca

gkAeris
06-07-2007, 09:30 AM
there is a cssc,

calgary sport and social club,s but you make your own team and they have "sponser" bars to attend where you get like 10% off drinks and what not.

nuge77
06-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Sweet! Good timing on this thread...

I entered a company team in the Thursday Recreation league of the CSSC and we happen to have our company golf tournament today. So as a result we are short on guys - and what better place to recruit a team of mostly guys than beyond.ca! :thumbsup:

The games at 6:30pm in Dover.

More details about the league can be found here (http://www.calgarysportsclub.com/outdoor_soccer/index.shtml).

If you want to get a game in tonight to see if you like the CSSC soccer (summer registration is on now) shoot me a PM with your email so I can fire you back the info on tonight's game. I need a PM by 12 noon today as I won't be by a computer after that.

:hijack: Sorry for the hijack snoop but hopefully this is what you were looking for.