PDA

View Full Version : My New Ride.

GGTTSS-44
06-03-2007, 02:52 PM
This is my new skyline GTS-4.
These pictures were taken by previous owner, when I purchased the vehicle I took her to the shop for a few tune ups / new parts
and some new Rims / Tires.
In the pictures the wheels were mismatched, however she now has stock 16" GTS-4 wheels * for winter *
and she'll have aftermarket racing rims for summer.
AFter a nice wash, and the new rims I recieved she'll look amazing, like a new car!
None the less here are the * OLD * pics

* Read my signature for a list of mods *

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/george_palmer101/skyline3.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/george_palmer101/skyline2.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/george_palmer101/skyline1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/george_palmer101/skyline5.jpg

dj_rice
06-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Nice car :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Awesome, ANOTHER Skyline here...:rolleyes:

GGTTSS-44
06-03-2007, 03:13 PM
The Skyline is a fun car to drive, its AWD so it will handle very well in the winter aswell.

I'm not a racer, I'm not a ricer. It doesn't matter to me if there are 10,000 skylines on the road, I enjoy driving it!. And I love my car.

pinoyhero
06-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Congrats, looks real nice!

msommers
06-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by GGTTSS-44
The Skyline is a fun car to drive, its AWD so it will handle very well in the winter aswell.

I'm not a racer, I'm not a ricer. It doesn't matter to me if there are 10,000 skylines on the road, I enjoy driving it!. And I love my car.

Excellent attitude, way to stray away from the norm!:thumbsup:

Cornfed
06-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Looks very clean, just take out the HKS mushroom of death :rolleyes:

Daan
06-03-2007, 11:33 PM
did you get accustomed easily with the steering wheel on the right hand side ?

Vietsta
06-03-2007, 11:33 PM
i believe only the gtr's came in awd not the gts

but nice car=]

LilaInc
06-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Vietsta
i believe only the gtr's came in awd not the gts

but nice car=]

It's a GTS-4 so it came in AWD. Nice car by the way!!

Vietsta
06-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by LilaInc

It's a GTS-4 so it came in AWD. Nice car by the way!!

ohhh i never knew that. guess you learn something new everyday

GGTTSS-44
06-04-2007, 09:00 AM
The GTS-4 came with the same AWD, and suspension set up as the GTR's. Basically GTS-4 handles identical to the GTR with better reliability:D

I only drove her for a couple of days until she went into the shop. It's more difficult then I assumed to acustom to RHD. While driving you tend to swirve into the middle of the road so your eyesight is 30% to the left * the sweet spot when your in a LHD vehicle * your mind forgets your in RHD and that you need to use things such as curbs, vehicles on your right hand side to climax where you are in the road.

RHD isn't that bad however, I never drove a manual car before I picked this beauty up even though I learned when I was younger, so it was more crucial for myself to focus on shifting aswell as driving RHD! I'm just waiting on a front axle ATM, then I should have her back with the new rims and tires.

FYI, I believe the GTS-4 has AWD, all wheel steering, All wheel limited sllip dif, all wheel traction control, its got HICAS which I believe encompases all of those components.

I could not tell you the hastle it is to import one from japan, I purchased this vehicle off a lady up here to imported it about 8 months ago. Its a fun vehicle though! I really like the sound of the blow off valve and the turbo spooling up.

There is no tourque due to the 3.5 inch piping straight back from the turbo, however I believe it adds allot of high end HP around 6000 rpm it's just nuts, quick enough to miss a shift if your not paying attention. Before 3200 rpm there is nothing, its like driving a pinto!! haha.

Anton
06-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Looks great! I miss my Skyline all the time so really enjoy it while you have it!

BlueFrenzy
06-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Looking good! The RHD is nice. Must be strange to shift with the left hand.

GGTTSS-44
06-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Update.

Cars almost out of the shop, just waiting another few days for the front axel.

Will be instaling GTR drivers seat hopefully this week if I can find one aswell. Thought about installing GTR passenger seat, then realized no point in spending the extra cash right now, my passengers will be fine with a GTS-T seat.

I'm just to big for my GTS-T seat:D

msommers
06-10-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm just to big for my GTS-T seat:D

You're going to be disappointed with the GTR seat then

Synne
06-10-2007, 03:05 AM
The GTS-4 came with the same AWD, and suspension set up as the GTR's. Basically GTS-4 handles identical to the GTR with better reliability:D

Uh huh...:dunno:

A790
06-10-2007, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Synne

Uh huh...:dunno:

I think he was saying that because the RB20 is a single turbo motor and operates under less tress than the RB26.

GGTTSS-44
06-10-2007, 01:06 PM
Yes thats what I meant!
GTR Seats sit lower to the ground then GTS-T seats, so my legs won't be cramped up against the steeringwheel.

I just saw my car at the shop aswell, the new rims look fantastic!! There super deep dish, with a cromelike afterfinish.

I can't wait to get new pictures, hopefully by the end of this week I'll have something up and running!

Revhard
06-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Looks nice.
Why is it I only see this burgundy and black?
There are so many, where is the colour selection?

GGTTSS-44
06-10-2007, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure. The colors available for R32 was quite limited in the first 3 years of production I believe.
You could get dark blue, black, silver, red, burgendy, white etc.
I havn't seen many of them being sold however, mainly black and white.

Spoons
06-10-2007, 08:49 PM
FYI, I believe the GTS-4 has AWD, all wheel steering, All wheel limited sllip dif, all wheel traction control, its got HICAS which I believe encompases all of those components.

Yeah, you're right. It has all those, it's kind of awkward the first time you drive an all wheel steering, cause your end swings out more than normal, but I believe it only does it at a certain speed.

As for the original pictures, and the miss matched rims, doesn't that normally indicate a drifter? I know alot of them put a shit rim on the back so they would ruin something expensive, but it is GTS-4 AWD?....

GGTTSS-44
06-10-2007, 09:33 PM
the vehicle has the GTS-T wheels when it came into japan and purchased by the original owner. It had all season tires on the vehicle * complete economy car aside from the modifications *

I believe in order to drive it a few times in the winter she purchased winter tires and a rear set of rims * in the picture *
Then after winter she put the GTS-T wheels back on.

This explains why it was done this way when it wasn't for drifting.

Either way it will look nice with my new rims:D

It will look alittle differnet with one GTS-T seat and one GTR seat however Thats the way I wanto go, I mean an extra 250 bucks goes along way for other things when you dont have a tone of cash!.