PDA

View Full Version : AMAZING (400HP-1200HP Turbo Kit)

Shoobs
07-24-2002, 09:56 PM
If you saw the Universal Pictures movie,The Fast and the Furious starring Vin Diesel and Paul Walker, then you might have seen the scene where a Supra just DESTROYS a Ferrari on the US 101 coastal highway in California. With this Supra BPU kit your twin turbo Supra will beat the following cars: Ferrari F355, F360 (Modena), Porsche 911/996TT, Corvette C5's, Corvette Z06's and run head-to-head with a Viper GTS! How does 0-60 in 4.0 seconds sound? Okay, so that is a little slower than a 911/993TT from 0-60. But from 0-120+ it is good night $125,000 Porsche! A decent driven BPU Supra runs 116-122mph in the 1/4 mile, which is 4-8 mph faster than the 911/993TT and is faster than a Lamborghini Diablo, what more can we say? Reliability? Idles and drives like a Lexus, until you romp on it, then it is a MONSTER!

Type in to view image
www.suprastore.com/45suppac.html

:hitit:

Fuck its it expensive to get all the kits but its worth it! Think what it could do the 1/4mile:thumbsup:

Peace

Evan
07-24-2002, 10:03 PM
A little too expensive for me :) And that is also in American dollars. Ouch :D

E36M3
07-24-2002, 11:25 PM
A BPU Supra hardly drives like a Lexus. it always amazes me that just because you can increase the boost on a Supra and make it go fast in a straight line, it automatically gets compared to much better cars.*

A car is a lot more than its 0-60 time. Somehow thinking that a 911TT isn't worth the money because it is only marginally faster 0-60 than a hellion Supra is kind of silly. A Porsche 911TT is not designed to tear up the quarter mile. A Ferrari F355/F360 or any Ferrari that I know of is hardly designed to drag race. These cars are for *driving* and are often times inspired by race cars. Cars that have to turn and brake, and well, to win races (contrary to popular belief, most races are won in the braking zone. Just look at Shumi).

And if you are talking CDN$, a new Porsche Turbo will set you back about $220k (and be worth every penny).

Style, comfort, handling, *brakes*, engine performance and reliability are all key elements to a great car.

A BPU Supra running over the stock 320hp seems to have the reliability of an older Ferrari, despite what you here on the internet. The orange Supra was auctioned off on eBay shortly after the movie was made, and fetched north of 60k USD.. which was probably about right. I saw it in person at a show in L.A. and it was a very sharp looking car with everything done right.

Don't mean to slag the Supra, becausethey are fun as hell :) It just offends me to have them mentioned in the same breath as Porsche Turbos, Ferraris and Lamborghinis.

* On edit: To be fair, the Supra Turbo comes out of the box with a great set of brakes, and handles reasonably well for such a large/heavy car. It really does not compare, though, in either respect to the cars you cited.

Ben
07-24-2002, 11:27 PM
actually a new 911TT will only run you about 170 up here, and i feel its the best damn bang for your buck on the road...

the GT2 is up in the 2's tho

Evan
07-24-2002, 11:28 PM
I dont know about you guys, but if I was shelling out that kind of money for a BPU like that, I'd just save more and buy a Porsche. Hehe, Porsche over Supra -- Anyday :)

5.9 R/T
07-24-2002, 11:30 PM
Food for thought: You can make a chrysler turbo minivan go as fast as a ferrari. Doesn't mean it should be compared to one...

E36M3
07-24-2002, 11:42 PM
The 911TT base MSRP (without options) in Canada is 170k. True 'on the lot' models come out to closer to 220k.

Typically equipped Turbo Example:

2002 Porsche Twin Turbo X50- blk/Blk, Carbon/X50 Pkg
MSRP $214,000 CDN

In the U.S., it will run you 165k USD.

Porsches are expensive.

three.eighteen.
07-24-2002, 11:54 PM
porsche's are the shit, so are supras... but im down with the porsche factory sub 13 sec. 1/4 mile, and everything else that comes with it rather than a supra

Evan
07-24-2002, 11:56 PM
I saw two Porsche's parked side by side today at Wendy's. One was a Boxster and the other a 911 Carrera.

911 GT2's are the best :) I want to ride in one of those.

E36M3
07-25-2002, 12:09 AM
The GT2 would be a great car, but if it wasn't seeing track use, I doubt that it would be distinguishable on the road from a 911TT.

I think you'd have to have a pretty astute ass dyno to be able to tell them apart on the street. I can't imagine that the difference in acceleration or braking is even discernable. In this months issue of European Car, for example, the author could not tell the difference between a ~600HP modified 911TT and the stock machine.

Another thing that would cause me to really think about buying a GT2 would be the fact that it would depreciate *really* fast as the miles wracked up (compared with the 911TT). I know a guy who literally has two 993 Turbos, one Turbo S and one regular old Turbo just because he is scared to put miles on the S. Pretty idiotic if you ask me :).

Ben
07-25-2002, 01:52 AM
Buy the fuckin car, drive it into the ground, case closed, those cars are ment to be driven, not kept under a blanket, and taken out onto thr driveway to be viewed for half an hour...

E36M3
07-25-2002, 01:56 AM
I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't drive them. I am just saying that (for mortals at least) losing 50k on a GT2 vs. a 911TT probably isn't worth the premium.

People who can afford these cars are not generally fiscally irresponsible.. they think these things through.