PDA

View Full Version : gauging interest..FS: 85 Corolla GTS AE86

GTS Jeff
06-15-2003, 06:19 PM
its an 85 corolla gts with 213xxxkm on the body. the body has rust around 3 wheel wells, and is pretty good for an ae86. most of the hardcore ae86 guys consider my car "mint" haha. however, the paintjob isnt great, something the previous owner did.

the stock motor (bluetop 112hp) was in horrible shape and ive swapped it out for a smallport redtop (high compression, 140hp, way stronger internals). the redtop is still running on the bluetop ecu, so its potential isnt maxed out. also, i have a feeling that my cat is clogged, so before i sell the car ill have a headerback straight pipe 2 1/4" piping. the engine also has a ton of stuff replaced...im using colder ngk plugs, ngk wires, new distributor, new ngk o2 sensor (im an ngk whoor hehe), new toyota coolant temp. sensor, new fuel filter...also replaced the air flow meter, the throttle position sensor, cleaned out the throttle body, timing is advanced by 14 degrees, did the open-element intake conversion, EGR delete, open pcv breather, new waterpump, new clutch....and i made the valve cover really shiny! truthfully, i think the engine has some hidden hp somewhere cuz it should be faster than it is right now. hopefully its the exhaust, but it might also be the ecu.

the tranny is pretty good. syncros work well and only occasionally grind from 1-2 if u shift as fast as me haha.

suspension is decent. my shocks are in amazing shape, so i decided to cut the springs. thats about 2" lowered, and its fixed a lot of body roll haha. id give the shocks about a year before they need some lovin. ive got a set of falken azenis on supra rims, and also a pair of winter tires and a pair of drift tires on my stock rims.

the interior is alright. its really clean (cuz i clean it like a fiend), the drivers seat is a different color. actually ull love the seats once u get a chance to sit in them. i have a cd deck, and a couple nice kenwoods in the front.

i have a bunch of spare stuff leftover from the swap, and also various things ive picked up that ill give away with the car. ive got spare sensors, all the fwd accessories from the redtop, etc...

im looking for around 4 grand. i bought this car for 2 grand, but in the time ive owned it (7 months) ive fixed like everything with the car and ive also made a few improvements. after another $4000 in mods/repairs i think ive turned the car into something a lot better than what it was half a year ago.

GT2NV
06-15-2003, 06:35 PM
throw some pictures at me im gonna need a winter drifter!

GTS Jeff
06-15-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by black94gt
throw some pictures at me im gonna need a winter drifter! ill get some current pics soon

Seanith
06-15-2003, 07:03 PM
from the sounds of it, will probably be out of my price range, but yeah lets see some pics :)
I want an AE86 for the winter :)
BTW do they have a 4x100 mm bolt pattern?

Redlyne_mr2
06-15-2003, 07:05 PM
WTF man?

gpomp
06-15-2003, 07:06 PM
First one in line
http://www.psylence.com/gpomp/06_01_03_toyota_meet/images/DSCN4203.JPG

GTS Jeff
06-16-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
from the sounds of it, will probably be out of my price range, but yeah lets see some pics :)
I want an AE86 for the winter :)
BTW do they have a 4x100 mm bolt pattern?

heh bolt pattern is 4x114.3. if ure thinking of using civic rims, dont even bother. the offset is way wrong. the proper offset for this car is 0. im using +12, which is pretty good.

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
WTF man?

u would be proud man. this is my first step in saving up for an mr2 turbo.

Ben
06-16-2003, 11:30 AM
old ass pics:

http://www.psylence.com/Automotive/AE86-120502/images/101-0191_IMG.jpg

http://www.psylence.com/Automotive/AE86-120502/images/101-0174_IMG.jpg

http://www.psylence.com/Automotive/AE86-120502/images/101-0190_IMG.jpg

Zenshi
06-16-2003, 11:35 AM
Wow man, I like those pictures. :)

GTS Jeff
06-16-2003, 12:05 PM
heh, those pics are from when i just bought the car..

dj_honda
06-16-2003, 12:44 PM
if you sell are you going back to the beastmobile??? :D

Seanith
06-16-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

heh bolt pattern is 4x114.3. if ure thinking of using civic rims, dont even bother. the offset is way wrong. the proper offset for this car is 0. im using +12, which is pretty good.

not a big deal.. i'm just worried about the winter tires i have for my car that i only bought and used for one winter. I guess i would just have to spend like $80 to get some steelies :)
BTW jeff do you have a ballpark figure your looking at??

dogstar
06-16-2003, 05:55 PM
damn dude, i want your car, lol, it could join the rest of the toyotas clogging up my garage and backyard.

id make you an offer, but i havent got the new job yet :(

James
06-17-2003, 02:56 AM
What happened to keeping your car?

Originally posted by GTS Jeff

u would be proud man. this is my first step in saving up for an mr2 turbo.

Now your talkin! :thumsbup:......are you looking at purchasing one soon? or like in over a year?...there pretty pricey right now, and it dosnt look like there re-sale is dropping at all!..if not gone UP over the last few years!.

GTS Jeff
06-17-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by James
What happened to keeping your car?

Now your talkin! :thumsbup:......are you looking at purchasing one soon? or like in over a year?...there pretty pricey right now, and it dosnt look like there re-sale is dropping at all!..if not gone UP over the last few years!. it will take me awhile to save up for one, and i figure i can save up a lot faster if i dont have a car to mod/maintain/pay insurance on