Boost Infested
06-05-2007, 02:05 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e322/omniman69/cars/780-053.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e322/omniman69/cars/780-036.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e322/omniman69/cars/780-039.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e322/omniman69/cars/780-034.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e322/omniman69/cars/780-050.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e322/omniman69/cars/780-027.jpg

The ring gear is what punctured the hood, it proceeded to fly approx. 150ft in the air( fuckin high up there) and narrowly missed a civic that was nearby. the one giant chunk of flywheel is what tore the subframe and exhaust up, and when the whole thing went, it took the bellhousing with it, the input shaft and trans cross member is the only thing holding the trans up.

Again, the driver was not injured, but he could very well have been if the parts decided to leave the car in another direction.

Which JDM shop should i bring this to. :angel: :poosie: :D

Ogpogo
06-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Thats probably one of the coolest break-downs I've ever seen. :D

katana9x4
06-05-2007, 02:16 PM
that my friends is why you don't awd launch at 9 grand

Boost Infested
06-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Now that MY friend.... might be just a rwd skyrine. I dont see any front axles and it looks to be a gts-t.

s13>ae86
06-05-2007, 02:26 PM
i think its a gts-t because it doesn't have slid orange corner lights but they could have been swaped

rb25ceffy
06-05-2007, 02:27 PM
It is, that is definetly a rwd tranny...and that's not gonna rev to 9 grand either :rolleyes:

katana9x4
06-05-2007, 02:40 PM
guess i should have looked at the pics more closely, just assumed it was a gtr

retro-steve
06-05-2007, 02:46 PM
nismowned

06-05-2007, 03:35 PM
That's rear wheel people. Come on fuck.

ca18det240sx
06-05-2007, 03:36 PM
HOLY SHRAPNEL BATMAN!!!!!!

Gravy_83
06-05-2007, 03:44 PM
that wasn't local was it?

zieg
06-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Good god.. I've never seen anything like it. I love the damage tot he hood, WOW.

heavyD
06-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Poor Skyline. It got rescued from a Japanese junkyard only to end up in a North American junk yard.:(

ApexDrift
06-05-2007, 04:10 PM
what did he do to cause so much destruction?

legendboy
06-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
Poor Skyline. It got rescued from a Japanese junkyard only to end up in a North American junk yard.:(

lol

Dooms_Bane
06-05-2007, 04:27 PM
^^^^^
Yes i am also curious about what could have caused that (real lack of automotive knownledge)

Kinda looks like it exploded.

Anyone know? :)

zieg
06-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Maybe just before he was about to launch someone jammed a bunch of rebar in the spokes or the rear wheels. Haha.

EK 2.0
06-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Gravy_83
that wasn't local was it?

Yes, it was my car...From Saturday at the street races.

Gee, thanks for the tact during my time of distress...this car cost me a ton of money and now I still owe my mommy and daddy the 12 grand I borrowed to buy it...you ass

BerserkerCatSplat
06-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Holy crap. Talk about a freak breakdown of epic proportions.

Boost Infested
06-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Not really a "freak breakdown" Its just shitty aluminum flywheel breaking. I've heard other stories where ppl gets amputated by frywheels! :D Get a scatter shield.

pinoyhero
06-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Holy chit that's insane. If not for pics I wouldn't believe it.

heavyD
06-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Yes, it was my car...From Saturday at the street races.

Gee, thanks for the tact during my time of distress...this car cost me a ton of money and now I still owe my mommy and daddy the 12 grand I borrowed to buy it...you ass

Chear up. Calgary streets are littered with old Skylines that kids can't get rid of fast enough. Mommy and daddy are very understanding. They will get you another one.:thumbsup:

mx73someday
06-05-2007, 08:06 PM

I doubt that's written off, it shouldn't need too much work to be put back on the streets for you to complain about.

heavyD
06-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by mx73someday

I doubt that's written off, it shouldn't need too much work to be put back on the streets for you to complain about.

You are right. Not much work at all. Some touch up paint and some zip ties should do it.:rolleyes:

When you consider the age of the car it will be pretty close with tranny & possible block damage, exhaust, frame damage, new hood, plus all the little things that got damaged in the carnage. Important thing is that nobody got hurt.

Vietsta
06-05-2007, 08:33 PM
poor skyline?:dunno:

GT-R rated
06-05-2007, 09:13 PM
To clear this thread up, it was my friends skyline (yes a 89GTS-T) it happend last friday night. he was shifting into second when BOOM!, i saw a huge bang and sparks flying everywhere. he was extremely lucky that he or no one else around him was hurt. what seems to have caused it, from what we could see from the flywheel fragments, is a hairline crack on the machined stock flywheel that got too much clutch dust and heat all at once causing the explosion. BTW this was in edmonton.

v2kai
06-05-2007, 09:29 PM
sucks....that sure is an exit wound on the hood tho:eek:

Chopstix
06-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Boost Infested

Looks AWD to me.... i duno but that looks like front axles!

GT-R rated
06-05-2007, 09:32 PM
yeah, the car is a write off. part of the flywheel caused some serious frame damage. he would have needed a new engine/tranny too, crank is gone and so is the bellhousing.

Chopstix
06-05-2007, 09:35 PM
and the pic below shows the other front axle and it does have the GT side badge... hmmm i am thinking GT-r but i could be wrong but the apparent front axles seem to stad out

zieg
06-05-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Chopstix

Looks AWD to me.... i duno but that looks like front axles!

Dude, that's the steering rack...

heavyD
06-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by GT-R rated
yeah, the car is a write off. part of the flywheel caused some serious frame damage. he would have needed a new engine/tranny too, crank is gone and so is the bellhousing.

No way! According to mx73someday it shouldn't need much work to get back on the street.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ercchry
06-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by ZiG-87

Dude, that's the steering rack...

haha no kidding eh?

Ashkente
06-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by GT-R rated
machined stock flywheel

That's what caused it...don't do it :P

Chrome Dragon
06-06-2007, 02:03 AM

No way! According to mx73someday it shouldn't need much work to get back on the street.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: And it really shouldn't, in the grand scheme of things. Have a certified shop patch the framerail, replace the drivetrain (RB20s are cheap and plentiful with all the idiots crashing them), replace some hoses in the engine bay and put on a new hood.

Yes there is a lot of damage, but it's not unfixable.

canadianskyline
06-06-2007, 02:44 AM
Werd, i could fix that car in like 2 days. Patch the framrail which would be perfectly fine, not like the whole car is twisted.

New gts hood is like 100 bucks.

New full rb20 swap is like 1000 bucks (easy to find).

And any idiot can toss it in.

Even if you got somebody else to swap the motor it shouldnt cost any more than like 3000 to fix the whole thing. The car should be worth around 7 or 8, so not a write off.

Technically if insurance company was assessing it it'd be a write off cause they over charge everything, new hood, all that shit.

And honestly HeavyD, grow up.....every chance you get with the jdm bashing........fucking idiot.

If he is looking to sell the car as a whole I would be very interested in it. Shoot me a PM if he is.

EK 2.0
06-06-2007, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by canadianskyline

And honestly HeavyD, grow up.....every chance you get with the jdm bashing........fucking idiot.

hahahahaha YOU are calling HIM an idiot??...Pot, kettle...black.

Wow mang...denial is not a river in Egypt. JDM bashing comes easy with all the tools driving them...

heavyD
06-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Werd, i could fix that car in like 2 days.

Statements like that come from idiots.:rolleyes:

legereandrew4
06-06-2007, 07:40 AM
I noticed in the one picture... It kind of looks like you broke your transmission :drama:

forced_eg
06-06-2007, 08:05 AM
it happened because of undertorqued flywheel to crankshaft bolts or using the highest grade possible (they are more brittle and its common for them to shear off)

GT-R rated
06-06-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by forced_eg
it happened because of undertorqued flywheel to crankshaft bolts or using the highest grade possible (they are more brittle and its common for them to shear off)

you say that like you know it for fact????

Madmax
06-06-2007, 09:14 AM

I don't want to jump on bang wagon here, but he's right that it would take 2 days to get her back on the road. With all the parts in hand for sure. I could do it too.

It's too unfortunate for the owner. For some of us it's our daily driver and we don't have access to anything else. If you don't like the JDM cars (Calgary streets are littered with old Skylines ). That's your problem.

TeH_Becks101
06-06-2007, 09:43 AM

No way! According to mx73someday it shouldn't need much work to get back on the street.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

why does everything you say have to deal with flaming what other people say, like it was funny the first 100 times..
just my 2 cents

anyways i can't believe that happened, ive heard of it happing on high HP cars that rev over 8500 but not on a near stock GTS?

DNSDJS
06-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Boost Infested
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e322/omniman69/cars/780-053.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e322/omniman69/cars/780-036.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e322/omniman69/cars/780-034.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e322/omniman69/cars/780-050.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e322/omniman69/cars/780-027.jpg

The ring gear is what punctured the hood, it proceeded to fly approx. 150ft in the air( fuckin high up there) and narrowly missed a civic that was nearby. the one giant chunk of flywheel is what tore the subframe and exhaust up, and when the whole thing went, it took the bellhousing with it, the input shaft and trans cross member is the only thing holding the trans up.

Again, the driver was not injured, but he could very well have been if the parts decided to leave the car in another direction.

Which JDM shop should i bring this to. :angel: :poosie: :D

OUCH!

canadianskyline
06-06-2007, 12:14 PM

Are you saying I couldn't (it could be fixed very easily in like 2 10 hour days if you worked hard on it, if you don't see that then you are probably handicapped or know nothing about fixing cars), or just the way i said it? I'm in biology (and doing quite well) at U of L right now, so i don't really count as an idiot, I do tend to say things like "werd" though, but I'm only 20 years old so that's excuseable imo.

EK2.0 - Feel free to call me an idiot if and when i partake in a thread in an idiotic manner, i don't care. But here, in my opinion, HeavyD is being an idiot, I am not being an idiot in this thread, hence why I called him one.

I'm sure you can be an idiot sometimes too....well....I know you can be.

Anyway, this is getting off track, and it gets off track every time HeavyD gets that oneup in on bashing jdm's.

Rough break on the gts, hope that never happens to mine....:cry:

heavyD
06-06-2007, 12:27 PM

Are you saying I couldn't (it could be fixed very easily in like 2 10 hour days if you worked hard on it, if you don't see that then you are probably handicapped or know nothing about fixing cars), or just the way i said it? I'm in biology (and doing quite well) at U of L right now, so i don't really count as an idiot, I do tend to say things like "werd" though, but I'm only 20 years old so that's excuseable imo.

EK2.0 - Feel free to call me an idiot if and when i partake in a thread in an idiotic manner, i don't care. But here, in my opinion, HeavyD is being an idiot, I am not being an idiot in this thread, hence why I called him one.

I'm sure you can be an idiot sometimes too....well....I know you can be.

Anyway, this is getting off track, and it gets off track every time HeavyD gets that oneup in on bashing jdm's.

Rough break on the gts, hope that never happens to mine....:cry:

You Skyline boys just don't do yourself any favors. Talk to me when you grow some pubic hair son.:english:

heavyD
06-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by TeH_Becks101

why does everything you say have to deal with flaming what other people say, like it was funny the first 100 times..
just my 2 cents

I usually ony flame tards and 90% of jdm fanboys happen to fall into that category. Nothing personal. I was young and stupid once also.

JRSC00LUDE
06-06-2007, 12:56 PM
^

You sir are an ASSHOLE.

But I absolutely love it! :thumbsup:

Gravy_83
06-06-2007, 01:01 PM
you don't live in tuscany do you???

canadianskyline
06-06-2007, 01:09 PM
So he drives a neon, but flames other people on their car choice.

Anyone else see the irony?

Anyway, HeavyD, I'm done with this, you're way too thick skulled for your own good, and way too cocky for driving a neon.

06-06-2007, 01:15 PM
So he drives a neon, but flames other people on their car choice.

Anyone else see the irony?

Anyway, HeavyD, I'm done with this, you're way too thick skulled for your own good, and way too cocky for driving a neon. Is your signature pic supposed to make it look like the driver is drifting with his hand in the window? Or do you just take passengers along for fun?

Teggy
06-06-2007, 01:20 PM

look everyone; some who drives a neon is trying to be tough:eek:

Teggy
06-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Teggy
06-06-2007, 01:37 PM
holy sh*t, beyond is becoming such a gong show; recently at DTp instead of bringing our cars there, we should have just got all the member to come on down, and bring bags of sh*t, to throw at eachother. e.k. sorry to hear about your ride man, i had no idea you had a skyline, or else i would have said something. However, i'm not in any mood to hear another person bash a skyline cuz its from another country, or the steering wheel is on the other side, or becuz its old, or whatever get over it.... that being said heavyd,(i'm guessing the "d' stands for dipsh*t) this would be a big fix, but it is fixable. i'm sure you had a heavy hand helping install that sick Cf hood on your badass ride, but until you actually get some info on these cars keep your usdm mouth shut. :guns:

QuasarCav
06-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Teggy
holy sh*t, beyond is becoming such a gong show; recently at DTp instead of bringing our cars there, we should have just got all the member to come on down, and bring bags of sh*t, to throw at eachother. e.k. sorry to hear about your ride man, i had no idea you had a skyline, or else i would have said something. However, i'm not in any mood to hear another person bash a skyline cuz its from another country, or the steering wheel is on the other side, or becuz its old, or whatever get over it.... that being said heavyd,(i'm guessing the "d' stands for dipsh*t) this would be a big fix, but it is fixable. i'm sure you had a heavy hand helping install that sick Cf hood on your badass ride, but until you actually get some info on these cars keep your usdm mouth shut. :guns:

Teggy: Repping the JDM crew since 2007

benyl
06-06-2007, 01:45 PM
haha, this thread is funny. *Gets popcorn*

So many JDM fanboys getting their backs up.

Teggy
06-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

Teggy: Repping the JDM crew since 2007

hahaha, i wish then i woudn't give a fuck, but i've been listening to this for like two years on theis website, shit gets old

Jackc
06-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by 929
Is your signature pic supposed to make it look like the driver is drifting with his hand in the window? Or do you just take passengers along for fun?

Umm that car is rhd, so its obviously the passengers hand.

benyl
06-06-2007, 01:52 PM

hahaha, i wish then i woudn't give a fuck, but i've been listening to this for like two years on theis website, shit gets old

Says the guy that just shat on the Neon driver.

People picking on SRT-4s is getting REALLY old then.

Teggy
06-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Says the guy that just shat on the Neon driver.

People picking on SRT-4s is getting REALLY old then.

I'm sorry don't you mean neons ???

Seriously, this thread was about a car exploding, where the hell does he come saying shit about the drivers of every jdm car this side of the pacific

jhmed
06-06-2007, 02:24 PM
JDM or not, it's not cool when someone loses their vehicle to breakdowns like that.

Put yourself in their shoes. Whether a Skyline is your cup of tea or not (for me it's not), imagine it was your car and how you'd feel.

Have we lost all compassion and empathy just because it's a JDM vehicle? That's like saying when your pet poodle gets run over by a car and dies it should be less painful than if your Rot gets hit cuz Rots are better.

For all the JDM guys getting pissy about people dissin' their cars... I've been into the JDM style since Y2K and lemmie tell ya it was a lot more fun before the bandwagon got full.

They aren't necessarily picking on YOU and YOUR car, they're frustrated with the pricks who think they own the world because they have a JDM-something (unless some of you fit into that catagory, then yeah they're talking about YOU and YOUR car). Those people have been steadily growing in numbers since F&F came out and get more obnoxious with each passing year.

Jesus, I own a JDM car and I hate the JDM scene and what it's become. It used to be a hunt for rare parts and having something that maybe no one here has seen often. Now it's turned into a status symbol with kids who's parents often buy them a cool and cheap POS JDM vehicle to keep their ADHD brats off their case and outta the goddamned house.

Teggy
06-06-2007, 02:27 PM
^^Write a letter to universal studios, or to Japan and tell them to stop making such great vehicles, and then if you have time write a letter to our pm, telling him to bann all jdm vehicles, please do, cuz then the value of mine will just go up, thanks but i'm still waiting on heavyD to make a reply....

jhmed
06-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Actually I'm working to help keep JDMs coming into Canada. Makes sense don't it?

I didn't realize you were waiting for him to reply.. I'm so sorry to interupt your conversation with heavyD -- didn't realize this was a private thread. :whocares:

Teggy
06-06-2007, 02:45 PM
^^ accepted, but in all honesty, go any where else on this planet and these cars are crawling everywhere, who cares if more come here, who cares if brat kids are driving them, why does it concern u what there parents do for them,wish my rents bought me a car. if it weren't for these cars coming over here, you would probably be complaining about a brat kid driving a neon. I would much rather see kids taking these cars, and learning rather than have people continue to say," your steering wheel is on the wrong side."

benyl
06-06-2007, 02:46 PM
^^ accepted :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rolleyes:

JRSC00LUDE
06-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Funny how if you let a thread go on long enough, the asshole doesn't come across as the dumbass in the end.

:D

Zephyr
06-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Chill out folks. :thumbsdow :drama:

gpomp
06-06-2007, 03:02 PM
if i had to choose between a jdm car and a neon, i would pick the neon... even if it was a 2.0 sx.

Synne
06-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
if i had to choose between a jdm car and a neon, i would pick the neon... even if it was a 2.0 sx.

Me too man, an NSX in one hand... a Neon SX 2.0 in the other...

pffft! jesus who wouldn't pick the Neon!:nut: :nut:

heavyD
06-06-2007, 03:26 PM

I'm sorry don't you mean neons ???

Seriously, this thread was about a car exploding, where the hell does he come saying shit about the drivers of every jdm car this side of the pacific

First of all. I said in an earlier post, the important thing is that nobody got hurt. Second of all I said 90% are tards not every driver as I cut slack to some of the more mature owners.

You guys make it sound like I invade every Skyline post when it's in actuality only a handful. I own a Neon and have heard it all. It doesn't bother me because I dish it out so therefore it's only fair that I should have to take it.

BTW: I was tough before I got the Neon.;)

T78Supra1
06-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Me too man, an NSX in one hand... a Neon SX 2.0 in the other...
pffft! jesus who wouldn't pick the Neon!

^^^^Thats has to be the most idiotic comment yet....

Neon is not the only USD car and NSX is not the only JDM why not say

Civic in one hand and a Corvette CO6 wounder which i would choose.

arian_ma
06-06-2007, 04:02 PM
lol, heavyD, you should just stop responding for about a day, all their comments are enough insult to themselves hahaha.

"Stop bashing my Skyline you stupid Neon driver, I'm sick of hearing people talk about how gay the skyline is, on another note, Neons are gay"

:rofl: :rofl:

Also:

^^ accepted

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ninspeed
06-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Patch the framrail which would be perfectly fine, not like the whole car is twisted.

Not twisted now.. but will be if you "patch" the frame rail... you need the lwr rail, probally the inner rear apron as well... there are 2 HSS reinforcements in that kick down that you just cant patch up. with the engine out it would not be too bad of a job for a season bodyman (probally take about 4 hrs)

canadianskyline
06-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by 929
Is your signature pic supposed to make it look like the driver is drifting with his hand in the window? Or do you just take passengers along for fun?

How dumb are you? Or was that a lame attempt at making fun of me or something?

The car is rhd, it was the passengers hand out the window, it's a cool picture because im going like 120 km/h....not because some random persons hand is out the window.

And yes, i take people for ridealongs, every drift event i get asked by like 20 people, i dont mind taking em along, and they have fun every time.

Even if it was my hand out the window, that shit is gay, it's not hard to do, nor is it impressive...basically...drifter fanboys and wannabe's are the only ones who stick their hand out the window.

DUNDEM
06-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by katana9x4
guess i should have looked at the pics more closely, just assumed it was a gtr

Took real man to say that buddy, didn't think I'd hear that outta ya on the Beyond forum....LOL. Lots of folk here just shoot random shit out there mouth like that even knowing there're wrong sometimes......LOL.

jorge
06-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Holy crap guys! How old are you all????

I thought this was supposed to be a "car enthusiasts" forum, at least that is why I joined. A car enthusiast means you should appreciate and respect all types of sports cars, not just your own.
If driving an 1990 Monte Carlo makes Billy-Bob happy in Alabama, who are we to tell him what should make him happy?

Before you start talking about someone else's car remember that in tough sports like Rally Racing, the basic car is only one part of the whole equation, what about its preparation? and better yet; what about the drivers?

You can give a great set of tools to a dumb guy and he will build a piece of shit, give the same tools to smart guy and he will build you a masterpiece, drivers are the same so I wouldn't put so much emphasis on which car is better based on its cost or its origin. A real enthusiast and good driver will appreciate any car and will make any car go fast.

For those who knock JDM cars because you are disapointed at the number of JDM cars now on the streets, my advice is: get one up on that crowd :D , drop the street JDM car and go Pro-Rallying, That is the new challenge ! (did you know that for the money most of you spend on your cars you could actualy go racing?)
then see who has the balls to copy you, if they do, you will not see a lot of useless arguments such as the one in this thread, on the first rally it will be obvious who is full of shit.

That would prove a lot more about yourselves than critisizing everyone else's car (which you don't drive and don't know how good it is)

And NO, you DON'T need a WRX to go rallying, you can prove a lot with a car under $10,000

As we say in racing: When the flag drops the bullshit stops. :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
06-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by jorge

As we say in racing: When the flag drops the bullshit stops. :thumbsup:

And as I say in life...

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."

or sometimes I say...

"A couple of Nissan SR20's would pull a premium one week before race wars."

Once I even went all out and said...

"I never narc’d on nobody! I never narc’d on nobody!"

But then I learned to say...

"Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning."

Cause that fool with the SR powered GTR Skyline with the FD wheels mounted on Fairlady brakes TRIED to say to me...

"I owe you a ten-second car."

But I told her...I said...

"You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?"

Whatchu think about that??

crazedmodder
06-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

And as I say in life...

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."

or sometimes I say...

"A couple of Nissan SR20's would pull a premium one week before race wars."

Once I even went all out and said...

"I never narc’d on nobody! I never narc’d on nobody!"

But then I learned to say...

"Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning."

Cause that fool with the SR powered GTR Skyline with the FD wheels mounted on Fairlady brakes TRIED to say to me...

"I owe you a ten-second car."

But I told her...I said...

"You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?"

Whatchu think about that??

I think you watch too much F&F. :rofl: Then again I guess I'm just as bad since I knew what you were talking about!

Anyways, glad no one got hurt! Poor skyline though :( Also, HeavyD from you sig pic I think your Neon looks nice :D

Last of all, why does the quote funtion on this board always screw up characters like ", <, >, &, ', etc and replace them with their HTML equivalents (&quot;, etc)?

forced_eg
06-07-2007, 12:13 AM
relax guys, when somebody owns a jdm nissan does that automatically make them a jdm drifter fanboy?? leave the guy alone even if he is from....

nevermind :burnout:

Synne
06-07-2007, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by T78Supra1

pffft! jesus who wouldn't pick the Neon!

^^^^Thats has to be the most idiotic comment yet....

Neon is not the only USD car and NSX is not the only JDM why not say

Civic in one hand and a Corvette CO6 wounder which i would choose.

Errr I hope you aren't meaning me???

Read the post I quoted, he says "I'd take a NEON over any jdm.." not a corvette or a viper or anything.

doublepostwhore
06-07-2007, 11:25 AM
SRT-4 > skyline in THIS country.

After HeavyD is done killing you with his 400+ HP WARRANTY car, even if he does drop a valve, or spin a bearing, unlike you guys... he can go back to the dealership and get some new parts on WARRANTY :D.

JDM was cool, back when those who could afford to drive 4.0's did. Now a bunch of highschool JL wearing, dipshits drive them (for the most part); If I asked some of them to pull the turbo and rebuild it, most of them wouldnt know where to look, let alone where to get parts/do the work.
Its kind of like the civic craze, a bunch of bleached hair white interior fuckers drive around with fart cannon's that make some of the REAL civic enthusiasts "ricers".

Lesson of the day: Drive a car for yourself, Mod it for yourself, be proud of your CAR. No need to shit on other peoples' rides.

Just cause it has a snail, it doesnt make it the be all and end all.

JRSC00LUDE
06-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore
Lesson of the day: Drive a car for yourself, Mod it for yourself, be proud of your CAR. No need to shit on other peoples' rides.

Perfectly said.
:thumbsup:

racin_jayson
06-07-2007, 12:09 PM
SRT-4 &gt; skyline in THIS country.

After HeavyD is done killing you with his 400+ HP WARRANTY car, even if he does drop a valve, or spin a bearing, unlike you guys... he can go back to the dealership and get some new parts on WARRANTY :D.

JDM was cool, back when those who could afford to drive 4.0's did. Now a bunch of highschool JL wearing, dipshits drive them (for the most part); If I asked some of them to pull the turbo and rebuild it, most of them wouldnt know where to look, let alone where to get parts/do the work.
Its kind of like the civic craze, a bunch of bleached hair white interior fuckers drive around with fart cannon's that make some of the REAL civic enthusiasts &quot;ricers&quot;.

One of the better posts in this lousy ass thread.

Teggy
06-07-2007, 12:21 PM
SRT-4 &gt; skyline in THIS country.

Its kind of like the civic craze, a bunch of bleached hair white interior fuckers drive around with fart cannon's that make some of the REAL civic enthusiasts &quot;ricers&quot;.

I'm Glad his car makes 400+hp, i guess my skyline def could not keep up with it, you know my gt30r, rb25 powerplant is a waste then, oh and my Autronic standalone, and my M&w ignition system was a waste aswell, wow, warranty parts oem parts good to know, i guess he can say he's factory sponsored, i guess i'm shaking in my little Jdm fanboy wahbahki's:zzz:

doublepostwhore
06-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Did you build it yourself? Can you honnestly tell me you could rip your car apart and put it back together? I know for a rock solid fact that HeavyD can.

The way I see it is, you are a fanboy until the day you prove yourself.
If you have a fast car, great! No one is looking down on you for it! What is annoying is; the kids that buy skylines and the like from japan, in deplorable condition and race them around like ferrari's.
Do you street race? Do you drift in zellers parking lot nearly hitting my mom's car? Do you turn your subs up to max volume at 1am streaking down my street @ redline in second just to hear your stock turbo screaming?

If none of that applies to you, then you are NOT the kind of "fanboy aka Ricer" that we are refering too.

But just because it has a turbo and a wheel on the right side, it by no means, means your car is anymore special then the dodge caravan beside you.

Half the reason for owning a supercar like what the skyline REALLY IS, is for the experience of driving it. Sure it is an iconic car, but in the wrong hands (cliche I know) it becomes merely a "neon".

I personally love all cars, I find beauty, function, and awe in all things powered by the greatest invention ever devised: the engine. The sole exception to this rule is the 91 sundance (what the hell is it anyways????). I am a car Enthusiast. I would pull the head of a 88 civic dx, all the same as an aston martin and I would change the cv's in a GTR all the same as an SRT with or without a pay cheque or any reward because its what I am passionate about.

When TRUE passion exists between you and your car WHATEVER it may be, it is clear for EVERYONE that knows anything about cars. Its the guys that DONT have that passion but have the money to "fake it till they make it" that piss me, and alot of others off (like heavyD).

So with that said, Its a friging warm day, so go for a drive and marvel in your car!

Teggy
06-07-2007, 01:19 PM
^^I can honestly say i built that car, for two years, my every dollar went to buying parts,and when i wasn't working to afford parts, i was at the garage, giving any assistance to my cousin i could manage. i think i have built one of the few all around complete skylines, and i probably know more about them then your average nissan fan. Just so everyone knows, it was the gold one in the beyond booth, at DTP.. everything on that car came from me, so please do not try and question my knowledge, and do not refer to me as a fanboy, becuz i have taken what you guys call junk, and turned it into what i think an impressive automobile.

doublepostwhore
06-07-2007, 01:24 PM
I am at a loss for words, if your reading skills are in anyway a reflection of your car building ability then what you have built is a piece.

re-read my ENTIRE post, dont just scan it, Read it and appreciate EVERY word. Then you will notice some mistakes in your understanding of what this is really about.

Either you are about as intellectually capable as your "gt30r" or you really dont care to engage any of us in any sort of reasonable discussion.

This issue has less to do with the actual car and more to do with the owner.

Ofcourse a car is a reflection of your personality. and your personailty isnt saying much for your car.

JRSC00LUDE
06-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Could you guys take a break for a minute? I'm all out of popcorn.

Teggy
06-07-2007, 01:36 PM
^^^I really don't see why i would have to reasonably discuss anything with anybody on this thread so far. I'm sure your nice guy, everything but if you want to insult my intellengce, lets have a spelling b, come on man your gonna say that because i'm telling you i built my ride, your gonna come back and say it was done poorly, bcuz of my attitude. pfft. You just made my day man, i don' think anybody at my business has laughed so much before this...

arian_ma
06-07-2007, 01:36 PM

I'm Glad his car makes 400+hp, i guess my skyline def could not keep up with it, you know my gt30r, rb25 powerplant is a waste then, oh and my Autronic standalone, and my M&amp;w ignition system was a waste aswell, wow, warranty parts oem parts good to know, i guess he can say he's factory sponsored, i guess i'm shaking in my little Jdm fanboy wahbahki's:zzz:

Doublepostwhore, it's like talking to a door knob, you can scream at it all you want, and your points can be the best points in the world, but the door knob still won't get it.

EDIT: SEE?!

Teggy
06-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma

Doublepostwhore, it's like talking to a door knob, you can scream at it all you want, and your points can be the best points in the world, but the door knob still won't get it.

spoken from a true doorknob, take some of your own advice buddy, however, and whatever you want to say about this, its all up shit creek, a buddy comes into this thread, and starts knocking down skylines as junk, then attacks the drivers,some how he gets praise for jumping on the, We hate Jdm everything crew, and becomes a respected individual becuz his friend vouches for his time spent working on his car. if you would like to tell me that i'm a fanboy, or an idiot, or a knob go ahead, dosen't make your comments anymore just then mine, with that being said, for those of you that think only rich spoiled kids drive these cars, thats your own issue, maybe it was becuz one of these spoiled rich kids stole your prom date, or your mom from your dad, i dunno i don't care. You wanna attack my ability to build a car, go ahead, when it all comes down to it in the end, my shit talking, his shit talking, anybodies shit talking is all the same

doublepostwhore
06-07-2007, 01:53 PM
This isnt a battle of witts. I am trying to genuinely understand the mentality here. You come to this forum for advice and to drop your 2c. as does everybody, but as soon as someone provides the reason for the hate on you.. and by you I mean the JDM scene, you jump on the defensive.

I dont care if you have a vg30dett powered skyline, or an r34 in japan, the fact of the matter is, you honnestly believe your car is the be all and end all for everything automotive.

...nice addition with the "no one has laughed harder at my business before". Again why are you getting so defensive? I have yet to throw out ONE comment of what I have/do/am I am purely providing you with logical reasoning yet you feel so challenged that you have to throw tangables at me.

Well. You asked for it.

I drive an audi a4 that I hand built my twin turbo kit for; it features 2 t3/t4's its fairly responsive I like it.

I also have a Multi which I did an AWD swap from a Pulsar, to which I mated an sr20det, ITB's, again I built it myself. with the aid of a tutorial from HMT.

I run a SMALL tutoring business for highschool/1st year math/phys/chem/astro/english.

Im a now 3rd year engineering student, and I flip condo's and buy property with my brother. I am 20 and I have more equity then your parents. any questions?

arian_ma
06-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Im a now 3rd year engineering student, and I flip condo's and buy property with my brother. I am 20 and I have more equity then your parents. any questions?

Just one, how does one go about getting their foot out of their mouth? :rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
06-07-2007, 02:04 PM
any questions?

Yes, is that you doing the ol' no-footer can-can in your avatar?

doublepostwhore
06-07-2007, 02:09 PM
I wish :D It was scott cocioli in 04 at the opening day of the DJ's at COP.

I wanted to put up a biking picture similar to my avatar as -250- but I lost it.

I do ride though... and clearly so do you :D

88CRX
06-07-2007, 02:11 PM
I am 20 and I have more equity then your parents. any questions?

This thread just keeps getting worse :rofl:

TeamBestBud
06-07-2007, 02:13 PM
but if you want to insult my intellengce, lets have a spelling b,

There is no need for that.

benyl
06-07-2007, 02:13 PM
I like it. I hope it doesn't get closed... hahahhahaha

JRSC00LUDE
06-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by TeamBestBud

There is no need for that.

I think there is a need for that, he can't even spell "spelling bee"! :rofl: :rofl:

Teggy
06-07-2007, 03:35 PM
This isnt a battle of witts. I am trying to genuinely understand the mentality here. You come to this forum for advice and to drop your 2c. as does everybody, but as soon as someone provides the reason for the hate on you.. and by you I mean the JDM scene, you jump on the defensive.

I dont care if you have a vg30dett powered skyline, or an r34 in japan, the fact of the matter is, you honnestly believe your car is the be all and end all for everything automotive.

...nice addition with the &quot;no one has laughed harder at my business before&quot;. Again why are you getting so defensive? I have yet to throw out ONE comment of what I have/do/am I am purely providing you with logical reasoning yet you feel so challenged that you have to throw tangables at me.

Well. You asked for it.

I drive an audi a4 that I hand built my twin turbo kit for; it features 2 t3/t4's its fairly responsive I like it.

I also have a Multi which I did an AWD swap from a Pulsar, to which I mated an sr20det, ITB's, again I built it myself. with the aid of a tutorial from HMT.

I run a SMALL tutoring business for highschool/1st year math/phys/chem/astro/english.

I would attempt to fight back, and say something to the effect of what my family owns, but for those of you who know who i am, i think our little engineering friend may have his head alittle to high. Anyways i don't need to get into that.