PDA

View Full Version : Good headhunter companies in town

Redlyne_mr2
06-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Hi there,
A buddy of mine is looking for a job, he has a major in finance so looking for something in a related field, possibly even marketing. Ive heard headhunters are a good way to get employment because they are essentially hired by employers to find candidates. Any help would be great thanks

beinkken
06-06-2007, 10:31 AM
I don't think he wants a headhunter. He wants a contigency staffing firm. Headhunting is a term used to describe executive level search. The firms (headhunter) are retained by their clent to find individuals in the market. Individuals don't come to them, they actively go after individuals in similar roles. Staffing firms like randstad, kelly, diversified, etc... are not paid until the deliver a successful candidate so they act on behalf of both the client and the job seeker (candidate). They also deal with junior to intermediate roles and would be more help to a recent grad.

Hope that helps.

Redlyne_mr2
06-06-2007, 06:16 PM
ok right on thats what he needs, thanks for clearing that up.

ashee
06-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Friday's and Kelly Services are the only one's I've had experience with but the only bad thing with them is that for a certain amount of time they get a percentage of your pay so you don't make as much as you would have getting the job yourself.

Zenshi
06-09-2007, 02:32 PM
for finances, try accountemps, they arent bad either :)

frozenrice
06-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Beinkken is pretty much right about headhunters, but your buddy can still give them a try though. There is always a possibility that something might come up. Even if you get your name in their database it's at least on file if something does come up in the future.
I got approached by a headhunter a few years ago. Even though I declined their offer of services, they still call me every so often when something comes up.
I'd say it wouldn't hurt for your buddy to at least get his name in. Headhunters get paid if they are successful in finding a candidate. This means the employer pays the headhunter for this and there is no cost to the employee that I know of. Once you're hired, you're hired.