PDA

View Full Version : Accident on Edm Tr (couple of days ago)

Wes
06-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Seems there was a WRX STI that got in an accident on Edmonton Trail (north bound) just before the hill right beside the Macs. From what I can tell, seems he took the turn too fast, hit the tree which caused him to slide into the lamp post which pretty much cut the car in half. No idea how many were in the car.

(Pictures below)

JAYMEZ
06-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Jesus christ , thats fucking horrible crash. Hope everyone survived.

Wes
06-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Pick 5 of 11

GOnSHO
06-06-2007, 12:19 PM
holy fuck!! hope the person is ok..

Wes
06-06-2007, 12:19 PM
pic 8 of 11
(sorry others are tad too large...will need to cut them down)

2BLUE
06-06-2007, 12:21 PM
dam that car sure took a beating condsidering the pole dont look bad.

Wes
06-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Pic 10 of 11

topher91
:eek: :eek: :cry:

Wes
pic 2 of 11

Wes
06-06-2007, 12:23 PM
pic 3 of 11

Wes
06-06-2007, 12:23 PM
pic 4 of 11

Wes
06-06-2007, 12:24 PM
pic 6 of 11

Wes
06-06-2007, 12:24 PM
pic 7 of 11

Ekliptix
06-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Yea, I don't think the driver would have survived. Any I don't believe that's an STi.

Also, that looks like a pretty residential area to be speeding through.

Wes
06-06-2007, 12:25 PM
pic 9 of 11

Wes
06-06-2007, 12:26 PM
pic 11 of 11

benyl
06-06-2007, 12:26 PM
That is a regular WRX. Not that it makes a difference...

Where is the engine?

l/l/rX
06-06-2007, 12:27 PM
those are my friends. its a bugeye wrx w/ mods. it was my friends 21st bday (the passenger). my other buddy who was driving took a turn too fast.

the driver, was unconcious for like 6-8 hrs or something, broken leg. few other things. hes still in the hospital.
the passenger got the seat buckle treatment, fractured collar bone, a lil internal bleeding around the stomach. he was only in the hospital for a day and night.

they are all fine, stable condition what not, to all you who think they're dead. they're not. they were real lucky mo'fuggas.

l/l/rX
06-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by benyl
That is a regular WRX. Not that it makes a difference...

Where is the engine?

the passenger said the engine was like 200ft away from the car.

Ekliptix
06-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
those are my friends. its a bugeye wrx w/ mods. it was my friends 21st bday (the passenger). my other buddy who was driving took a turn too fast.

the driver, was unconcious for like 6-8 hrs or something, broken leg. few other things. hes still in the hospital.
the passenger got the seat buckle treatment, fractured collar bone, a lil internal bleeding around the stomach. he was only in the hospital for a day and night.

they are all fine, stable condition what not, to all you who think they're dead. they're not. they were real lucky mo'fuggas.
Crazy. I'm trying to imagine how fast they'd have to be going to do that to the car.

l/l/rX
06-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix

Crazy. I'm trying to imagine how fast they'd have to be going to do that to the car.

my idiot friend was apparently hitting some high fkin speeds. pm me if you want to know. dont really feel like posting publicly.

yellowsnow
06-06-2007, 12:31 PM
shit! they are very lucky to be alive. imagine the force needed to tear that car apart like that. he must've been going way too fast...

glad everyone's okay though

Euro_Trash
06-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Good to hear they are ok, hopefully he learned a lesson, especially since he had his friend with him!

l/l/rX
06-06-2007, 07:03 PM
heres what his car USE to look like.

http://photos-849.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v72/233/42/511009849/n511009849_70204_230.jpg

http://photos-849.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sctm/v72/233/42/511009849/n511009849_70206_823.jpg

vtec
06-06-2007, 07:10 PM
i believe alcohol was related to this accident.

JordanAndrew
06-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Ouch, that really looks bad. I'm really surprised that the poles are still standing like nothing happened.. wow!

BerserkerCatSplat
06-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Holy shitstick, that's intense. I'm glad to hear they survived and that nobody else is injured.

EG_Civic
06-06-2007, 07:16 PM
are you taking the turn at like 200km/h?????

EK 2.0
06-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
Holy shitstick, that's intense. I'm glad to hear they survived and that nobody else in injured.

agreed, it could have been many times worse than it ended up being.

silver_gs-R
06-06-2007, 07:29 PM
:eek: WoW I'm definetely surprised everyone survived...

l8braker
06-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Fuck, you have some incredibly lucky friends!!!! Hopefully the one guy bought some jackpot lotto tickets when he got out.

djayz
06-06-2007, 07:43 PM
holy mother of jesus!!! :eek: how someone survived that is crazy but im glad to know that those involved are okay and that no body else was involved.

SilverGS
06-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Holy $Hi7. I believe that has to be the most torn up car I have ever seen from an accident. To have survived that could be a life changing event.

Ogpogo
06-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by SilverGS
To have survived that could be a life changing event.

Hopefully change him from a moronic self centered ass hat to a responsible logical "thinking-type" person.

Whoever trashes a car that bad with more than just themselves within it is not only completely disregarding the lives of the fellow passengers, but all of those people outside of the vehicle as well. I wish the driver had have died (let the flaming begin) and I wish all the best for the others. But one thing this city does NOT need is more people like that.

redevil
06-06-2007, 09:37 PM
wow that sucks!

l8braker
06-06-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Ogpogo

Hopefully change him from a moronic self centered ass hat to a responsible logical "thinking-type" person.

Whoever trashes a car that bad with more than just themselves within it is not only completely disregarding the lives of the fellow passengers, but all of those people outside of the vehicle as well. I wish the driver had have died (let the flaming begin) and I wish all the best for the others. But one thing this city does NOT need is more people like that.

Living up to your Smart Mofo title, eh?

Everyone makes mistakes, and hopefully this kid learns from this one. Luckily no one was killed.

Kaos
06-06-2007, 09:52 PM
I thought he was a member on this site too.
That's pretty insane!

max_boost
06-06-2007, 09:53 PM
DAmnnnn

Just down the street from where I live too. Those guys are lucky to be still alive. :eek:

snow_daniel
06-06-2007, 10:48 PM
I went to Hospital see him yesterday and he is doing fine
this is the first time i saw his car after the accident too...He is really luck

l/l/rX
06-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by snow_daniel
I went to Hospital see him yesterday and he is doing fine
this is the first time i saw his car after the accident too...He is really luck

heh i guess thats your civic that i posted up above with his car. i wanted to go take pics with his car too =(
yea he just got screws put into his leg today. but either than that he'll be okay.

l/l/rX
06-06-2007, 11:07 PM
and to all those if you guys think hes an idiot of a driver, he really isnt. everytime i've rode with him, hes always a safe driver, donno what got into him that night.

Kobe
06-06-2007, 11:13 PM
car looks familier...

did he go to marys? graduated last year i think, maybe this year?

l/l/rX
06-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
car looks familier...

did he go to marys? graduated last year i think, maybe this year?

no. he finished high school 3 yrs ago.

the guy you're thinking about has a c-west kit on it, rolling on stockers (i believe still), and that doods white.

snow_daniel
06-06-2007, 11:18 PM

heh i guess thats your civic that i posted up above with his car. i wanted to go take pics with his car too =(
yea he just got screws put into his leg today. but either than that he'll be okay.
those picture that you posted are the last picture of his car:cry:

and to all those if you guys think hes an idiot of a driver, he really isnt. everytime i've rode with him, hes always a safe driver, donno what got into him that night.
And I am agree with you...he is a safe driver

max_boost
06-06-2007, 11:26 PM
and to all those if you guys think hes an idiot of a driver, he really isnt. everytime i've rode with him, hes always a safe driver, donno what got into him that night. yeah but it only takes 1 mistake and you'll pay for it dearly. I hope he's ok and makes a full recovery.

Ogpogo
06-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

l/l/rX
06-06-2007, 11:44 PM

Oh okay, good. Somehow I got the impression he isn't. :dunno:

thanks for pointing out the fkin obvious ogopogo, wutever your name is suppose to say.

and also thanks for cutting out half my post.

as i was saying for some reason he decided to be one that night.

thanks for coming out.

Dooms_Bane
06-06-2007, 11:45 PM
eh mistakes happen.

i'm sure you've made a mistake in your life.

maybe small maybe big.. a mistakes a mistake.

just lucky he didn't get killed or kill anyone. would be alot harder for him to live with himself if he killed his friend on his birthday.

but seriously. damn... to cut through a car like that. jesus....

anyone major in physics know how much force/speed you'd need to do that?

Ogpogo
06-06-2007, 11:58 PM

thanks for pointing out the fkin obvious ogopogo, wutever your name is suppose to say.

and also thanks for cutting out half my post.

as i was saying for some reason he decided to be one that night.

thanks for coming out.

You said he's not an idiot of a driver. Simply put, I pointed out the obvious flaw in that claim, and regardless of you following with "I guess he just was doing something different with his driving skills that night", it doesn't excuse it. Just because a serial killer doesn't slay every night, doesnt mean that hes really a sweet kind person, who just had an odd night. Your retarded friend had to have been going at or over 200km/h on EDMONTON TRAIL with other friends of his in the car to fuck up that car that bad. Just as dangerous, just four lives instead of one, get a clue - he's dumb as tits and not a good driver.

l/l/rX
06-07-2007, 12:14 AM

You said he's not an idiot of a driver. Simply put, I pointed out the obvious flaw in that claim, and regardless of you following with "I guess he just was doing something different with his driving skills that night", it doesn't excuse it. Just because a serial killer doesn't slay every night, doesnt mean that hes really a sweet kind person, who just had an odd night. Your retarded friend had to have been going at or over 200km/h on EDMONTON TRAIL with other friends of his in the car to fuck up that car that bad. Just as dangerous, just four lives instead of one, get a clue - he's dumb as tits and not a good driver.

please dont over exaggerate the story to make you sound more right. 200km/h? no. 4 ppl in the car? no.

to point out the obvious flaw in YOUR claim, if you could read a bit, i pointed out that he was being an idiot that night, by stating "donno what got into him that night" and by already saying earlier in this thread that he was an idiot that night.

i really do not know how you interpret my words, but man, you're really way off as to what im trying to say. did i ever say he had superb driving skills? i said he was a safe driver. which translates for me, usually following within speed limit. (and dont tell me you ALWAYS stay within 10k of the speed limit)

i dont know how you got the status of "one smart mofo" i hope the mods did that out of sarcasm.

Ogpogo
06-07-2007, 12:24 AM

please dont over exaggerate the story to make you sound more right. 200km/h? no. 4 ppl in the car? no.

to point out the obvious flaw in YOUR claim, if you could read a bit, i pointed out that he was being an idiot that night, by stating "donno what got into him that night" and by already saying earlier in this thread that he was an idiot that night.

i really do not know how you interpret my words, but man, you're really way off as to what im trying to say. did i ever say he had superb driving skills? i said he was a safe driver. which translates for me, usually following within speed limit. (and dont tell me you ALWAYS stay within 10k of the speed limit)

i dont know how you got the status of "one smart mofo" i hope the mods did that out of sarcasm.

Maybe this will shut you up.

Here is a piece of shit car that has hit a pole, head on, at 65 mph.

http://www.car-accidents.com/2005-Car-pics/6-4-05.jpg
http://www.car-accidents.com/2005-Car-pics/6-4-05_b.jpg
http://www.car-accidents.com/2005-Car-pics/6-4-05_c.jpg

Pretty simply, right?
Heres your buddys car (well at parts of it) . You make it sound as if he was puttering around the corner at anywhere near the speedlimit.

http://forums.beyond.ca/attachment.php?s=&postid=2025746
http://forums.beyond.ca/attachment.php?s=&postid=2025758

Point made. I just feel bad for you defending that guy so much. Like him all you want, but don't make yourself sound like a fool. If you were a pedestrian crossing the street while he came whipping around that corner, and he crippled/killed you, you'd probably be calling him a fucking moron too.

:clap:

CivicTunr
06-07-2007, 12:32 AM
^^if you hit a car from head on, its got the engine to help withstand the collision.

now lets say, someone loses control and hits the thing at the side, than it will have more damage than hit head on.

get a picture with a car, that gets sideswiped at 65mph.

everyone does stupid things, just some end up like this.
not defending eaither.

l/l/rX
06-07-2007, 12:37 AM

Maybe this will shut you up.

Here is a piece of shit car that has hit a pole, head on, at 65 mph.

Pretty simply, right?
Heres your buddys car (well at parts of it) . You make it sound as if he was puttering around the corner at anywhere near the speedlimit.

Point made. I just feel bad for you defending that guy so much. Like him all you want, but don't make yourself sound like a fool. If you were a pedestrian crossing the street while he came whipping around that corner, and he crippled/killed you, you'd probably be calling him a fucking moron too.

:clap:

reading > you. (and im not bull shitting, do you SEE any edits to my posts? none at all)

my VERY FIRST post in this thread said "he took a turn too fast". ya...that sure makes it sound like i was inferring that he was puttering around the corner.

the only reason im defending him, is because idiots like you make me sound stupid. when i CLEARY pointed out the facts that:
1) he was an idiot that night.
2) he was NOT "puttering" around a corner.
3) i hate it when people like you try to be "one smart mofo"

maybe this post will shut you up. :clap:

i guess i should've explained the story as to what happened, so that dumb asses like you can keep quiet from dissing other ppl who are just trying to share information.

from the passenger in that car "he was going to fast around the corner, hit the curb, we did a 360, or more, hit another curb, and from there the car split in half, then the rest was blurry."

happy?

l/l/rX
06-07-2007, 12:40 AM
o and i guess i should be more clear...they side swiped the curb...they didnt hit anything dead on, soo i guess that takes your stupid ass pictures out of play.

and again, thanks for coming out bud.

Ogpogo
06-07-2007, 12:40 AM
happy?

never.

You are right, friends who do that are wicked sweet, even if they do stuff like that every so often. I wish I had friends like yours.

"Hey Jim! Im going to take you out for a quick death in the Subie!"
:poosie:Reality > You

l/l/rX
06-07-2007, 12:45 AM

never.

You are right, friends who do that are wicked sweet, even if they do stuff like that every so often. I wish I had friends like yours.

"Hey Jim! Im going to take you out for a quick death in the Subie!"
:poosie: :poosie:

wow. i guess you didnt do well in math to know that ">" means GREATER.

k ill put it in words then.

reading is GREATER THAN you.

"the only reason im defending him, is because idiots like you make me sound stupid."

"i guess i should've explained the story as to what happened, so that dumb asses like you can keep quiet from dissing other ppl who are just trying to share information."

ok ok ill be nice and understand that its late and that you may be too tired to read. :thumbsup:

Ogpogo
06-07-2007, 12:49 AM

wow. i guess you didnt do well in math to know that ">" means GREATER.

k ill put it in words then.

reading is GREATER THAN you.

"the only reason im defending him, is because idiots like you make me sound stupid."

"i guess i should've explained the story as to what happened, so that dumb asses like you can keep quiet from dissing other ppl who are just trying to share information."

ok ok ill be nice and understand that its late and that you may be too tired to read. :thumbsup:

Despite you consistantly calling me an idiot, you havn't adressed one point I've brought up, except to dispute it with "You Teh SUCk at reading, its GREATER than you". Lol, you child - but keep it coming, i've ran out of house episodes for excitement. Your retaliation is key for my nightly wank.

Man, you'd think the people in the car would be smart enough to punch the guy in the fuckin head putting their lives at risk like that, before of course he sped around that bend at 1xx+ km/h.:thumbsup:

stevo 27
06-07-2007, 12:59 AM
he had to be going atleast 200kph
cause i got into a car accident
my buddy shane put his prelude sideways into a light post
(in a parking lot) at 130kph
and it sure didnt cut the car in half
light post went about a foot and a half into the car right behind
mmy seat

glad their alive im sure he learnt his lesson

im 100% sure that the amount of people that havent gone
speeds high enough for something that horrible to happen
i can count on my hand

sure he was a moron for even attempting a corner at that speed
W\E live and learn

and as stated the MOST IMPORTANT THING IS HES ALIVE

whats happening with his license and such? they know he musta
been going way to fast for edmonton trail

l/l/rX
06-07-2007, 01:01 AM

Despite you consistantly calling me an idiot, you havn't adressed one point I've brought up, except to dispute it with "You Teh SUCk at reading, its GREATER than you". Lol, you child - but keep it coming, i've ran out of house episodes for excitement. Your retaliation is key for my nightly wank.

Man, you'd think the people in the car would be smart enough to punch the guy in the fuckin head putting their lives at risk like that, before of course he sped around that bend at 1xx+ km/h.:thumbsup:

ok wow. are you just really trying to get on my nerves? or are you really that incompetent? (happy i used a different word to describe your stupidity towards my defense. YAY)
every point you're trying to make i've already stated in this thread.
every time you say im defending him cuz hes my friend, i've already explained why.
but yet you keep on persisting that im supporting the "YES LETS DRIVE STUPIDLY FAST AND KILL OURSELVES" sentence.

please just please, read this carefully, in NO WAY was i supporting his driving style on saturday night. in NO WAY am i saying speeding is the COOL thing to do.

got it?

and its person and life for singular, 1 other PERSON, not people. 1 other LIFE not lives. as mentioned before BY ME, only 1 other PERSON/ LIFE. i just dont want ppl getting mislead by you that, there were more than 2 ppl in the car.

SilverGS
06-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Is there an estimate as to what speed he was going when he lost control? It may not be 200km/h but it has got to be 1XX something.

Would you consider it any less stupid if it was one extra person vs three extra people?

Ogpogo
06-07-2007, 01:10 AM

ok wow. are you just really trying to get on my nerves?

Phew, I was worried I was gonna have to say something. Im going to bed, good game.

Originally posted by SilverGS
Would you consider it any less stupid if it was one extra person vs three extra people?

Exemplary point my friend.

Chopstix
06-07-2007, 08:05 AM
holy damn!

cmodem
06-07-2007, 08:23 AM
Dude in the pic of your first post (sorry dont' know how to bring it up lol).

At least he found a secret society of knights :clap: Wonder if they know where the holy grail is?

rsxtypes
06-07-2007, 08:31 AM
:bullshit:
the guy lived....good
but he better lose his license or get something serious enough for him to learn from something like that
i had a friend hit a pole from the side and his car never exploded like that, this guy needs to know where to speed....edmonton trail? i drive that stretch every day, not only is it heatbag but like the other dude said what if a pedestrian was crossing there, which....there are a lot of them in that area seeing how its residential!!!! they would have been dead for sure

so yeah defend him cause he's ur friend but honestly...for the car to be like that...wow....some serious devine intervention stepped in there to save the driver....

KRyn
06-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Wow, I can't belive everyone lived after a crash like that!
:eek:

Gravy_83
06-07-2007, 11:56 AM
fuck people are immature on this website. People that are defending both sides here are both being stupid. One guy is being an complete ass hat because someone is defending his friend and the other one is trying to defend himself from said asshat. If people ignore this stupid ogpogo douche then no one will have a problem. And before ogpogo or whatever the stupid name is comes on here flaming me. We all understood your fuckin point at about your 12th post on this stupid thread. Drop it your e thugging and e arguing is annoying at best. Like fuck the guy allmost lost his friends yea they were being stupid which he stated clearly more than once. yeah they were going to fast which he also stated clearly....why your still blowing air out of your ass is beyond me and I'm sure beyond alot of people's grasp here. Just leave it alone fuck. It was a bad accident people survived thats great...most likely the guy will have learned is lesson.

:thumbsdow to all the dumbfucks arguing on this thread and others lately...

88CRX
06-07-2007, 12:05 PM
Hope that was fun for everyone...... and closed.

:closed: