PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Winners: Anaheim

dj_rice
06-06-2007, 09:34 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ottawa...what the DUCK!!!! :guns: :banghead: :cry: :thumbsdow :drama: :nut:

Kobe
06-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Ducks outplayed the sens all series long...

They wanted it more, but I do wish the sens won...

l8braker
06-06-2007, 09:37 PM
The better team won by far.... Ottawa didn't even bother to show up to the fucking Cup finals and emberassed themselves.

Nice to see Selane and Pronger get their first (and maybe) last cups final win.

max_boost
06-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Anaheim is such a solid team. They had everything clicking and deserved to win the Cup.

no_joke
06-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Too much time between Cup Finals and Conference Finals. Rust over rest. Glad Selanne got his name on there though!

Ducks win their first cup and no Kariya. I know it's been years since he's left but still... It felt like he was missing :dunno:

max_boost
06-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Yeah Kariya was the long time MIghty Duck. He got upset that Anaheim didn't want to pay him his $10million qualifier many years back LOL

I agree that the layoff is too much, it loses the hype and momentum. I almost forgot the finals were still on.

Anyway, who's going to challenge the Ducks next year? Could this possibly be a dynasty in the making?

R!zz0
06-06-2007, 09:58 PM
atleast a western conf team won.

GenerationX
06-06-2007, 10:00 PM
^ but it wasnt a canadian team that won

D'z Nutz
06-06-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm glad to see Teemu finally got the cup! I don't have anything against Ottawa, but I can't stand that fucker Emery.

R!zz0
06-06-2007, 10:06 PM
^ I know....sucks bad. When will a canadian team besides oilers win the friggin cup? I think the first canadian team will be the flames.

HybridTheory
06-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Sucks that Ottawa couldn't bring it back home to Canada. But I'm glad Teemu finally got the cup after 15 seasons.

boi-alien
06-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
I'm glad to see Teemu finally got the cup! I don't have anything against Ottawa, but I can't stand that fucker Emery. dude... you're just a racist =P

RC-Cola
06-06-2007, 10:11 PM
I agree on the long time between semi's and the finals. Not only that but the NHL took it in the backside from NBC to get American viewers. Afternoon games on Saturday, waiting for over a week to start the final etc.

I loved Bettman's speech tonight "Who says Hockey's not alive and well in California!"

I agree that the Ducks were a much better team and out played everyone with the exception of perhaps the Wings.

I doubt the Ducks will repeat or make it to the finals, look at the last three years of finalists, Calgary (out first round twice) & Tampa (out first round & didn't make it), Edmonton (didn't make it) & Carolina (didn't make it)...

R!zz0
06-06-2007, 10:17 PM
^ 3 straight years canadian teams have been in the SCF and no one won it. Calgary did, but we got ripped off for it. :(

Edit: As long as the ducks have brian burke as their GM, i think they'll make playoffs for a long, long time. Vancouver is prolly crying letting him go.

Kaos
06-06-2007, 10:21 PM
That was even a game!
That was a killing. After the Sens scored on themselves, they lost all momentum.
Oh well, cheers for next year! :clap:

no_joke
06-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Anaheim is a solid team that pretty much suffocated the poor Sens. But they have a shitload of guys to resign. If they can do that, they'll be a contender but no dynasty.

aklalani
06-06-2007, 10:32 PM
CONGRATS to The FINNISH FLASH.

Boost Infested
06-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Ducks have more canadian on their team anyways! :D

ken-gsr
06-06-2007, 10:55 PM
good on you might quacks!

CCM Pro
06-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Good to see Teemu win for sure...but great to see the Niedermayer bros. win together and Scott pass it to Rob

forced_eg
06-07-2007, 12:04 AM
everybody at work says the nhl is bs because it is rigged, i dont buy that but i kind of believe certain teams are being helped to get there they want to get because its good for the market,

i admit, anahaim out played everyone and deserves every bit of their victory, tampa... well they had 3 top players and a solid goaltender, but carolina??!?!? wtf?? there is no market and there will not be any sort of market for the nhl there

after the lockout and the new nhl rules, im getting tired of this bullshit, id rather handle another 7 year no playoff run just to get the pleasure of enjoying some gritty, real, pre-lockout hockey

on a side note... they should move an nhl team to cleveland, maybe they'll actually win something... baaa..zing...

go spurs go

R!zz0
06-07-2007, 12:54 AM
^ After Gary Bettman became NHL commissioner in 1993, the whole friggin league went down under. Remember the lockouts in 1994 and 2005? Sometimes i wonder why he got fired from NBA.
(Google) His mandate was to make hockey appeal further to many American audiences unfamiliar with the game, and who are traditionally more interested in professional baseball, football and basketball.

Foozle
06-07-2007, 08:21 AM
Betman is definatly a douche... did you hear when he passed the cup to Scotty Niedermayer. Went something like, "Sounds like California's in love with hockey". He sounds like a used car salesman. Just pass the cup, congratulate the team and shut up. It's not the Gary show.

The passing of the cup should be purely for the players. It's what they have been playing for since they were kids, and all gary is thinking about is money and advertising. I don't think he even watchs hockey.:guns:

Congrates to the Ducks

:goflames: next year.

spyce
06-07-2007, 08:38 AM
So Im hoping my friend and I's theory will pan out.
Underdog that makes the final and loses, takes the cup 3 seasons later. This exludes the lockout of course

2002: Detroit vs. Carolina (gets their cup in 06)
2003: New Jersey vs. Anaheim (gets their cup in 07)
2004: Tampa vs Calgary (gets their cup in....)

:D

And then it ends there. Because the Oilers are never getting the cup again :goflames:

DNSDJS
06-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by GenerationX
^ but it wasnt a canadian team that won

but we have made it to the finals
3 years in the row now

flames
oilers
& now
the sens

i cant member the last time this happened..

i think soon enuf the cup will be back in canada.
its the rise of the canadian teams

but regardless
dont the ducks have something like 70% canadians on their team?

DepTrotter
06-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by spyce
Underdog that makes the final and loses, takes the cup 3 seasons later. This exludes the lockout of course

And then it ends there. Because the Oilers are never getting the cup again :goflames:

Not gonna happen

That is the most flawed formula in the history of the nhl - BE ASHAMED

DNSDJS
06-07-2007, 08:55 AM
hahah.. what if it does work out that way ?..
then what?

forced_eg
06-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by spyce

are you drunk??? serious question

think about it, joe smith in america doesnt give a fuck if he wins a championship in a classic series like newyork vs. detroit, but when it comes to sticking it to the damn canadians then he'll endure the game while sipping his miller lite.

im telling you thats what happened these last three seasons this shit is rigged to bring in a new american market

01RedDX
06-07-2007, 11:31 PM

spyce
06-07-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by forced_eg

are you drunk??? serious question

think about it, joe smith in america doesnt give a fuck if he wins a championship in a classic series like newyork vs. detroit, but when it comes to sticking it to the damn canadians then he'll endure the game while sipping his miller lite.

im telling you thats what happened these last three seasons this shit is rigged to bring in a new american market

no more 'drunk' than you and your theory :rolleyes:

R!zz0
06-08-2007, 12:23 AM
Rigged huh? Lets take a look at it.

Its not rigged, but i got an explination.

Gary Bettman changed all the rules, giving the refs supreme power.

In the past, Refs had a bunch of variables when they were doing there job.

If there was a five on four, a player would have to do some serious shit to make it five on three.

A fight would literally have to be a fist fight for a penalty.

A hook would have to bring someone down, and a slash would have to be a defenite.

Now, refs are caught in some limbo between their conscience, and the game... The basically have to call EVERY penatly the lay eyes on.

Since Gary Bettman came in the league in 1993, No canadian team has won the stanley cup after that. I think the last canadian team was montreal in 1993 and after that, all american NHL teams have won it from there. Only 20% of the current teams play in Canadian cites. That gives them a 1 in 5 chance every year. Eventually it will happen. IS IT RIGGED? I don't think so. Seriously, If there were 15 teams in the NHL from Canada rather than 6, and the Canadian teams had the same free agent buying power as cities like Detroit and New York pre-cap, then you might have a leg to stand on with that.
Otherwise, look at the odds alone, there are 4 US teams to every 1 Canadian.

I've heard that Bettman wants to move the NHL to Mexico so he can pay the players 50 cents an hour :rolleyes:

sh0ko
06-08-2007, 08:26 AM
lets go oilers lets go! hehe