PDA

View Full Version : Gym's in NW. WHC vs. Golds

Godfuader
06-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Looking for a decent gym in the NW area, preferably North of Uni. I figured WHC Sport Club (Edgemont) and Gold's Gym (Northland). I need a membership for exactly a year cuz I'm moving out of town next summer. Don't mind signing a year lock-in. Anyone want to refer me?

Rocky
06-07-2007, 12:02 AM
Gonna semi-hijack this and also add if anyone knows any good drop-in gyms around the NW... when I'm in town I can never find anywhere that isn't either packed, too expensive, or both =\

FlamingC19
06-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Well I love Gold's its an unreal gym. I've had membership to every gym you could think of. Both Golds and World will give you a 1 week free trial to try out the gym so you can compare. In my eyes they're somewhat comparable but I found Golds to be a step above. Everyone knows exactly what their doing and you have all the top equipment to get results. Aside from all the Juice monkeys its the best gym I've been to and has some unreal girls. Try them both out and decide for yourself!!! Good Luck :thumbsup:

O ya and Gold's does not like people just droping in for one or two workouts they charge like $15 bucks per day.

Jerms
06-07-2007, 12:12 PM
ymca crowfoot

Godfuader
06-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Checking out WHC on Monday. Just dropped by Golds @ Northland today. She quoted me a limited one day only price (odd that the SUPER savings day occurs on the day I decide to drop in :rolleyes: )

$99 initiation (down from $199)

$22.99 bi-weekly (~$50/mth)

no payments till September.

This was her Corporate discount deal. Sounds like a good price? They have alot of outlets in the States so that would be beneficial too. Didn't have time to check with WHC today, but will do before I pick one.

Crowfoot Y is a bit far from where I am (Hidden Valley). Cardel place has some pretty steep membership prices ($72/mth)

turbotrip
06-07-2007, 08:46 PM
^ try to get it down to no initiation fee

ashee
06-07-2007, 09:54 PM
WHC Edgemont is rather pricey but it's a nice facility.

Godfuader
06-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by ashee
WHC Edgemont is rather pricey but it's a nice facility.

Ballpark for a year lock-in? Corporate deal?

Karim316
06-10-2007, 01:02 PM
$99 initiation fee at Gold's. That's bullshit
I paid $5 and I'm paying $50/month. I've been going to Gold's for almost 2 years now and it's alrite. The equipment is good.
The only thing that I don't like is the change room is fucking nasty. It's never clean and in the winter when there is snow its disgusting. There was a band-aid (used of course) that was on the ground for a good 3 months. There is always the juice monkeys taking their protein shits in the bathroom that is just rank. The steam room is always out of commission and when it's not it barely works. What I like about Gold's is that there is more older and focused members that work out. They do their shit and leave. I tried WHC a couple times and there are always high school kids there who spend more time looking in the mirror then working out.
Gold's right now has something where if a memeber refers somebody they get a free month. Maybe you can see if they can waive your initiation fee instead of giving someone the referral credit. (just say you have a friend that works out there)
One more thing, I have a buddy who goes to UofL and only gets a membership for 4 months in the summer while he's home. You have to prepay it and I think it's only $10 more.

Godfuader
06-10-2007, 08:24 PM
I was actually thinking about uni, but during school that place is retardedly busy from open to close. I have a pass from MRC to use the gym as an alumni for $200 for the entire year. Love their new facilty but distance becomes a consideration.

Doesn't anyone offer any summer or stampede "specials"?

ashee
06-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Godfuader

Ballpark for a year lock-in? Corporate deal?

Well it $65 for a basic per month and minimum 1 year contract.
They have corporate deals but I'm not sure what companies off hand, I know they do corporate for Bell and CBE for sure...

FiveFreshFish
06-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Godfuader
I was actually thinking about uni, but during school that place is retardedly busy from open to close. I have a pass from MRC to use the gym as an alumni for $200 for the entire year. Love their new facilty but distance becomes a consideration.

Doesn't anyone offer any summer or stampede "specials"?

Another problem with the U is that parking is not free on campus.

ashee
06-11-2007, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Another problem with the U is that parking is not free on campus.

Unless you work out early in the morning before 7