PDA

View Full Version : What bike is the best out of these two, in your opinion for 03

BlaCkPlaGUE
06-16-2003, 03:07 AM
The yamaha R1,
http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/yam_data/img_products/r1actionlarge_1725.jpg
Or the Suzuki GSX-R 1000?
http://www.suzukicycles.com/sr_03/supersport/images/gsxr1000a.jpg

From what I've been hearing on the net, and in mags is that they are very very equal in performance. So the real question that im asking is,

-=~ Wich bike would you choose? and why?

Just curious to see what you guys think. If this has been posted before, blow me :P (jokes)

GreenLude
06-16-2003, 06:40 AM
The GSX-R1000 OWNS all this year :hitit: . I could sit here a list all the reasons why it's better but If you go and pick up any motorcycle mag right now they will have a test ride on the 1000 in it. Also Most of the mags will compare the R1 to the GSXR1000 so you can read up on it.

redevil
06-16-2003, 09:09 AM
GSXR 1000 is the new one this year, it is the one to beat.

But IMO wait until next year for Honda's 1 Liter bike if you are looking for a 1000cc bike. It is designed like my bike the 600 RR, exhaust under tail. This might be the bike to beat.:devil:

dogstar
06-16-2003, 05:52 PM
hmm, not to sound rude, but who cares what other people think...

my advice is to hop on each bike, take them for a spin, sit on them for half an hour in the store.

if you arent comfy sitting on it, it doesnt matter how great a bike the mags say it is.

kevie88
06-16-2003, 06:13 PM
The bottom line is that it doesn't matter. None of us will ever even approach the limits of those bikes, so why even worry! Just know that we're getting some of the greatest sport machines (of any kind) that have ever been released to the public. Not to mention but a good rider on a Yamaha will blow away a bad one on the Suzuki and vice versa! So much of riding a motorcycle fast is skill. Without the ability the bike might as well be a 125cc scooter.

If I was pushed I'd say Yamaha, but really only because it's replacement parts are much cheaper... and the average sportbike owner knows how things happen.. you'll need parts sooner or later :D

If you buy one of these bikes, know that the only place you'll ever use these machines even remotely close to the limit is the race track... Riding on the streets with superbikes is like taking a race thougrobred horse and using it to give slow rides to little kids. . It's just wasted.

BlaCkPlaGUE
06-16-2003, 06:14 PM
Oh, doesn't sound rude at all. I mean, your absolutley right, thats what it comes down to, is how it performs for 'you'.
Im just wondering what you guys think in terms of the two, your opinion on what is the best.

RiCE-DaDDy
06-16-2003, 09:21 PM
the gixxer1k is the king now and probably for the next year too
i mean it has like 10 hp more over any other open class bike!!1

ramminghard
06-16-2003, 10:46 PM
i am willing to bet money that it doesn't matter which bike is better. 99% of riders will never be able to bring those close to their potentional. With two equally amazing riders the difference on the bikes would be minimal. Both of them are equally amazing machines.

dogstar
06-18-2003, 11:03 AM
if you want my opinion on a new liter bike....
kawasaki zx9r

i find them way more comfortable, and much more "usable"
in that an average rider can use more of the bikes limits, without scaring the shit out of themselves.

most people will probably say thats because the ninja has lower limits than other bikes, but thats all in whos riding it, because as kevie has said, your never going to push the bike to its potential, so who cares how high the upper limits are?

honestly, just because it can theoretically do something, your not going to go out and kill yourself proving it, right... you just take it for granted that the bike is designed to do something, and it CAN do it if need be.

so yeah, my preference has always lead to comfort.... why ride a bike that makes you sore, just because its got a couple more horses, or a bit stiffer suspension?

BlaCkPlaGUE
06-18-2003, 05:25 PM
True, but then again you can go out and get a custom fitted and very comfortable seat and still have the fastest bike. heh..
I like the suzuki, I have of course yet to ride either of them, maybe next year when I plan to buy a new ride I'll give the new models both a shot.

dogstar
06-19-2003, 10:32 AM
its not just about the seat, at least not for me, its about the width of the tank, then angle you have to lean over to to properly grasp the bars, then angle you need to bend your legs, and where the pegs sit.
how wide the bars are, how much angle is on the seat mounting area (once rode a bike where the front of the seat curved up, lets just say the testiculars took a pounding :S)

tons of factors, and they all combine, especially when youve got a bad hip like me, if i bend wrong, it pops outa socket :(

Corrado1.8T
06-19-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

i mean it has like 10 hp more over any other open class bike!!1

not true, there are few bikes with more bhp then the gixer 1000.

Like the others have said, its about being comfortable on the bike not about speed and horsepower. Horsepower and tourqe are only half of the equation, skill is the determining factor.

boi-alien
06-19-2003, 02:05 PM
if i were to choose, i'd have to pick the R1.

both bikes are amazing in their own respects, and like kevie88 said, you'll never take the bike to it's limits on the street anyways. so in the end either bike would be good for the street. reason why i like the R1 more is because i feel that the gixxer has too aggressive a riding position for my tastes. But that like i said is more of a personal reason rather than performance.