PDA

View Full Version : Remote Car starter

trucker
06-07-2007, 10:42 PM
I have a 1996 Chev Diesel. It has a command start remote starter alarm combo installed. One of the boxes has the ungo label, no numbers and is square with rounded corners 250i/260i. The other has no numbers at all and is completely square. The remote is an cs555 (I think). I am wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for this system. I took the truck to the GM dealer for a different reason and they have done something to my remote system. The system will lock the vehicle but will not unlock it and is not arming it. The LED light continues to blink indicating that is arming and disarming even though it is not. The remote starter is starting and stopping the pickup as programmed but the immobilizer and anti-grind is not working. It is like the immobilizer has been bypassed. The mechanics played with the wires going to the relay under the steering column. I think they pulled the wires off and put them back on wrong. Hopefully I don't need a new remote starter brain but in case I do, does anyone have one available. I would hopefully not have to re-wire a whole new system in. Thanks Trucker