PDA

View Full Version : Buying a 300M

jharp
06-08-2007, 12:45 AM
I am looking at a 300M in a couple of hours and I was wondering if anyone has any wisdom on these cars.

The car itself is priced very well but it doesnt have insurance on it so an inspection is proving to be very difficult.

I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me problems that they have had in the past that I might be able to watch for, as well as how you have liked the car in general.

Thanks in advance

pinoyhero
06-08-2007, 06:00 AM
Hmmm, you might be able to get temp insutance on the vehicle yourself and take it for inspection if the owner will give it to you for an afternoon.

bobby_lu
06-08-2007, 09:27 AM
lol just drive it there...its his ass not yours :thumbsup:

j/k as pinoy said, get a day insurace (liek those papers you see taped to cars sometime)

Mitsu3000gt
06-08-2007, 09:35 AM
In my opinion they aren't put together well at all. I was in one at regular highway speeds and a piece of trim completely fell off lol. I don't know the price, and I don't know how much you care about fit and finish, so good luck with whatever you decide!

jharp
06-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I met with the guy and it seemed pretty suspect to me so I passed on a hell of a deal.

ZorroAMG
06-09-2007, 09:27 PM
300M is nothing like the 300C built on the Mercedes E-class W210 chassis...that is one hell of an American car..I rent it anytime I go anywhere...HEMI FTW. :thumbsup:

bigbadboss101
06-10-2007, 09:58 AM
I have the non-hemi 300 as a rental. The front end looks good. a few friends liked it and one gal said I should have one. Lot of room, power is not bad but the 300M would be better. Gas mileage isn't great.

Would not say the handling is great. It's a good looking car, good power and room. Handling is heavy. Depends what you want and prefer in a car. Keep in mind depreciation most likely isn't great.